“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #413 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Denver, Colorado
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great staff!!! A lot to do in the area. Great dining, great shopping and the hotel is GREAT!! We received a great deal booking our room on Hotwire.com!!! Pleasantly pleased with the property and location. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank YolaLark
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am glad to read your remarks about our friendly staff and convenient location. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at nramirez@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a true experience that is so strange and absurd that it just has to be told. My husband and I were relocating to Houston, Texas so he could go to school and we needed a place to stay for a couple of weeks until we could find an apartment. I saw the commercials on TV and decided we would book a room at this hotel. We had just completed a 1000 mile drive and arrived at the hotel at 1:30 pm. There was no one at the front desk. While we were waiting to be helped, my husband said “honey, look at this office, how dirty it is.” We literally saw cobwebs on the ceiling and the floor was so dirty. Around the baseboards and front door was dust and dirt that had been there for a long time. The front desk clerk appeared told us that check-in time was not until 3pm and our room was not ready and had not been cleaned and to come back at that time. We returned at 3pm and checked in to our room.
The corridor and mat in front of the door was very dirty and there were cigarette butts on the welcome mat. When we walked into the door there was a strong smell of smoke (I asked for a non-smoking room.) We began looking around the room and found some alarming things. The room was filthy dirty and had a stench. The carpet was dirty and had large stained areas. We pulled back the bedspread and the sheets were rumpled, stale and dirty. There was hair on the sheets and the bed looked like it had been recently used. We went into the bathroom and it was not clean either. There was still feces in the toilet. The kitchen floor was so sticky my shoes made a sound whenever I took a step. The kitchen was so dirty. There was thick dust, grease and something had been spilled (drinks maybe?) all over the cabinets and countertop. The kitchen was so filthy I would not even feed my dog in there much less make my own meals there. I told my husband that I could not stay there and I placed a call to Extended Stay Hotels customer service department to check our options. We waited for a long time (15-20 min.) and still on hold and could not get through to a representative. While I was on hold, my husband opened a cabinet door to the kitchen and a black corset fell out onto the floor. He said, “honey come over here and look at this.) When I looked into the cabinet it was full of sexy lingerie and costumes. There was also a large metal lock box as well as a large wooden box. I told my husband, “Don’t touch anything and do not open those boxes. There could be anything in there (sex toys, money, drugs) and I did not want our fingerprints on anything else in the room. My husband said he was going out to get the manager. The manager’s name was Josie. She walked into the room and saw the contents of the cabinet and black corset on the floor. She had no expression on her face and did not seem surprised. She told us that she was very sorry and would give us a full refund plus an extra night for our trouble. She also told us that we would have to leave and find another hotel because they had no other rooms available. I said to her that it looks like something is going on here and she should check into it. She said, “Yes, I will talk to my night staff.” We went back to the office and she promptly processed our refund but said she could not get the computer to credit the extra night to our account. We left and it would take a lot for me to ever trust Extended Stay America Hotels enough to book a reservation with them again. By the way, in case anyone is wondering….yes, we took pictures.

Room Tip: Something suspicious is going on at this hotel and an internal investigation by the hotel chain shou...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Toni M
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Do not stay in this place. If it were the last place to stay in Houston don't go. Do the city a favor and allow this place to go under so that the company actually invests money into staffing and renovating. The only reason I stayed here is because it was the only open place in Houston during a major conference. I would have just as soon stayed home. Not healthy, and unsafe. One of my colleagues had a stranger come in during the middle of the night!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Nicholas H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Nicholas - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. It upsets me to hear that the room did not meet your standards in cleanliness. I am sorry for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, I will discuss your comments with our team to make sure your experience does not happen again moving forward. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at wbk@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We arrived very late at night expecting to find the non smoking room we had asked for, but instead we found a room with such a disgusting odor to cigarette that it was impossible to normally breath inside. Also, I suffer from multiple.food allergies, that's why we choose this hotel because of the kitchen, but there was just a pot, a spoon and 2 bowls; no cooking utensils, no forks nor knifes, no glasses...nothing! So disappointed and disgusted with the old and smelly room that we had to leave immediately the next day.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank andre380
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the odors and level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, wbk@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The manager was simply rude to the customers as well as the employees. When i first checked in my room had a leak under the sink and the mildew smell was all arond the room. I went back to the front desk and a young woman told me she had no other rooms to put me in, and i would have to wait until morning when people checked out. It was a horrible first night, but they changed the room in the morning. I walked in and said goodmorning to the manager and she said nothing back and walked away. She came back and gave me a new room. I felt unwelcome. Following these events my room was cleaned twice during my entire stay. I stayed there for one month on business and this one guy working in the office went above and beyond for me during my stay was the only person who made me feel espespecially welcome and I heard that the manager fired him for some odd reason and rumors circulated right before I left that she allegedly told an employee that there were too many black people working there and he had to go because he was a man as well. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Mropinion51170655444
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of professionalism displayed by some of our staff members. Please know, I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at wbk@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Seattle
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for more than three months, during which time they cleaned my room only upon request. This was not part of the agreement, the agreement said that they would clean my room every week. Not true. The last four weeks of my trip my phone did not work and they raised my rate by $10 a day. When I complained I got the usual two step, it is corporate, no it is up to the local property. The last four weeks no one cleaned my room either. Finally when I paid for the week ahead of time they promised me a rebate on the five days that I did not use. To date three weeks after checking out no rebate, surprise, surprise, surprise. Again that is up to corporate, corporate says it is up to the local hotel.

Final indignity was that I found several cockroaches that I killed and flushed. Ultimately a horrible place but since I was on 90 reservation I was locked in. Take my advice and pay a few dollars more and stay somewhere else. The pits.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank riggins16
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situations you described regarding the housekeeping and cleanliness of your room are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wbk@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The check in was fast and easy. The check in staff was very nice and friendly considering we checked in around 11pm (after hrs and we had to call the number indicated on the door to get someone to come and open the front office door to check us in). First impression of the room was nice and clean (or so we thought). There are no shampoo/toothbrush/soap... lucky for us we brought our own... after a staying for 2 hrs we saw a lot of small cockroaches roaming the kitchen floor as well as the sink area. It was too late to get other room so we ended up checking out the next day after our business meeting. This was a disappointment bc I was excited about this stay and thought it would be "homie" but the cockroaches problem ruined our stay.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank dtbp28
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, we are sorry for this and are working to rectify the issue. Still, we are happy to read that we provided you with friendly customer service.