“Coming to stay 12 days 7/15-7/27”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin
Ranked #406 of 517 Hotels in Houston
San Antonio, Texas
“Coming to stay 12 days 7/15-7/27”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I sure hope everything is great with this hotel.....company paid for this. Boss said she was told is is safe and clean......after reading the reviews (and no choice about accommodations) I hope it's a great stay.....will keep you updated !!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Baldwin City, Kansas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is the worst places I have ever stayed. Dirty, dingy rooms with a bored uninterested staff (with one exception--wish I knew her name at check in--she was pleasant). My son had to stay in this awful place for nearly 6 weeks during a job relocation. I was luckily only there for 3 nights. I hated to even pull up the blanket and sheets to my face for fear what was on it. The pots and pans had dirt and bugs in them. The shower had mold and dirt streaks. The air conditioner leaked and made the dingy room smell like mold and mildew. When the staff actually would clean the room (he had signed up for once a week) they often forgot clean towels and once actually walked away and left the door to his room wide open! Not just unlocked--wide open! After I checked out I was sent an email survey-- I was scathing in my review. I was told by management I would receive a coupon for one night's free stay. That was in May. It is now mid July and I have received nothing. Big surprise no one at this place does what they say they will do. The sad part of this is that many of the people staying here are patients at the nearby Medical center hospitals. As patients, and family members of patients, they deserve better. This management team should be ashamed of themselves.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place.
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Normally I would pick the Katy North Extended Stay, but my company already had Vehicle Located here. I was set to arrive an upon arrival had no reservations. Must admit the clerk working the desk is awesome!!! I would like to think the staff doing the cleaning were as pleasant and concerned about guest. I get to room to find busted beer in the freezer. Gross I hate beer. No one to clean it an I simply didn't want to shuffle rooms. So I did it myself!!! As I'm settling in more I discover there is No Towels, No Toilet Paper! WTH! I realize this area accommodates a lot of people seeking cancer treatment. With that in Mind--- GET IT Together!!!! Thanks Deianara for being Pleasant and for your willingness to write your co-workers inability at Guest Satisfaction. You are a Doll!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Vick82
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Place looks great on outside, but inside reveals a 70's motel with a facelift. New carpet and furniture can only hide so much. It says no smoking, but these signs are either ignored or the smoke has sunk into the Sheetrock from years past.

It has all the basics and a full kitchen with full size appliances, so that was cool if you were using this place for an extended stay. Otherwise, I would pay a bit extra for a short term stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had an unexpected trip to my doctors office from 5 hrs. away. As I left the doctors office, fighting traffic at 5:00pm, I just didn't have it in me to drive home and deal with the traffic. I was welcomed to the extended stay by a very helpful young man named Carleton, and although I didn't get anyone else's name, they were all equally friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of. My non-smoking room was clean, appeared to have new flooring in the bathroom and had plenty of room. I felt so well taken care of and I couldn't be more thankful. It was truly a blessing and helped to make lemonade out of lemons! It was very convenient to the Medical area and almost next to reliant stadium. If you think of extended stays more as visiting someone's apartment rather than going to a luxury hotel, you may be more satisfied with your stay.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor at the end of a hall and I thought it was an excellent location.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Kim - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I'm so happy that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay with us. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your clean, spacious room. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

There is not enough room to list everything that went wrong. Room smelled so bad from smoke you could smell it before you opened the door. My suitcase still stinks. No room change granted yet the front end staff knew they had other rooms but they couldn't get them cleaned (over 4 days). No call back from manager after multiple attempts, no room change request granted, dirty sheets, no iron, no clean sheets to give me on day one, had to change bed myself and sleep on just a sheet that night, no covers under the sheets so you can imagine what the mattress looked like. Almost made me vomit! Actually got bug bites in the room. Fleas I think. Absolutely the worst place I have stayed in ever! Never again. Save yourself the aggravation. Even close to the convention center does not warrant the hell they put me through. Doesn't have to be fancy to be clean.

Room Tip: Choose any room that is not here! Sleep in your car first! I think thats where half their regulars...
3 Thank Shallowdraft123
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The experience you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at med@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Guwahati, India
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The place is opposite to the Reliant park where one of the major events the offshore Technology Conference is held in the month of May every year. The rooms are equipped with basic day to day requirements like cooking place, iron with ironing table, refrigerator, towels, air conditioners. As such one can stay without much problems. The only difficulty is that you have to arrange for your food and drinking water. No shops are available nearby. You have to walk a little far to get the requirements. The other advantage is that the only public transport in Houston the electric tram station is just in front of the hotel. The hotel authority also provide shuttle bus twice a day to travel to downtown. If you are alone, it may be a bit difficult to spend your time in the hotel. However there are places within the boundary where you can spent time by reading or sitting quietly. Another problem is the rooms are not cleaned daily as such once has keep the room clean himself.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Fannin, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!