“The BEST Extended Stay Hotel in Houston!”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
Ranked #235 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 months at this hotel. The staff was excellent! From the desk clerks to the maids. We travel 9 months a year so I see a lot of hotel staff.

The rooms were CLEAN, cool and the furniture was nice and well kept! You can tell that the management cares about this hotel and their customers.

It was an enjoyable 3 month stay!

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for posting such a fantastic review. I am so glad that our staff provided you with excellent service and that you enjoyed your clean room. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Perfect location with clean comfortable rooms and the nicest staff I have ever encountered at a hotel! Truly feels like a home away from home! Extended Stay Galleria! The property is well maintained and the hallways and rooms are always clean and fresh. Ask for Andrew if you need anything!!!! He is the manager and unlike so many places I have stayed, he is always available and knows how to run his Hotel and make his guests welcome and comfortable. Also Zeba, James, Ashley, and Jean -- they are are wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel and staff. It's great to hear that we could make you feel completely at home when you are not. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My family and I came to Houston for over a month and stayed at this location. I cannot say enough good things about the staff here and their treatment of their guests. My year and a half old son wakes up every morning and asks to go down to say hello to the friendly staff and get his "grab n go" breakfast. It's very challenging to have to move into an enclosed space for such a long period of time with a young child, however the accommodating atmosphere here made it easy. Like any other location, there may be minor issues here and there, but what is important is how your requests get responded to, and I will say that the Manager/staff here will go out of their way to help you get what you need. The location is excellent, walking distance to the mall and lots of little cafes and shops. Close to highway, and if you have a car then almost anything/everything you can want is within a 3-4 mile radius. Ashley/Zeba/Chelsea/Tashina/Gene - all the girls at the front desk are friendly and constantly willing to help. James the head of maintenance is very helpful and will fix whatever it is you need in a timely fashion. Andrew, the manager, is very welcoming, helpful and has excellent Customer Service skills. All in all, we had a wonderful stay here and I highly recommend this place if you are going to be away from home, need to have a kitchen, and want to be somewhere central to the city of Houston. An added bonus - laundry is on site and there is also a lounge in the lobby, so if you have company, or just want a change of scenery while you watch TV in the evenings, you are provided with a living room at home type of feeling.

Room Tip: If you select a handicapped accessible room, expect the bathrooms to be huge and the room to be a li...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for posting such a Fantastic review about our property and staff. I am proud of our team for Making your stay as wonderful as possible and making you feel at home when you were not.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Best location in Houston for business and people in a budget, the manager Andrew and almost all the girls at the front desk are happy to help and serve.
The Hotel is old but in good shape even a small fitness center will be appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you knew we wanted to make your stay the best it can be. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I recently stayed in a number of Extended Stay's in Texas, and this was hands-down the finest property I came across. The manager Andrew is fantastic and set me up on a nice monthly rate. He even helped get me checked in on his vacation week ! He was very helpful with Houston inside info as I was completely new to the area. He's really an asset to that hotel and has assembled a great staff. James in maintenance helped me out greatly to get into a nice room and is a fun guy to chat with - and can fix anything from what I saw. And Zeba is a real professional at the front desk and very helpful as a concierge. I really had a great time staying at this hotel and appreciate all the extra effort the staff put in.

Room Tip: Get the larger suite if you can, its very roomy !
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a fantastic stay with us. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the service we provided to you. I do truly hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

My mom and I stayed at this location few days ago the staff was very nice very helpful and fast helping us check in as quickly as possible I would like to mention Zeba the gsr there who was very sweet. Our room was very clean to although im surpirsed this hotel is not yet renovated like the other esa seeing as it's in a prime location. This hotel gets a 5 star from me and I will.be recommending this hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a excellent stay with us. Our entire team prides itself on delivering exceptional service. I truly appreciate your comments regarding Zeba and my staff. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had a great experience at your hotel on my previous stays. Your employees showed great work ethics and positive attitudes that easily made my day. Your manager Andrew went above and beyond during my stay and truly made me feel like I was right at home. 10/10 would stay again. possible an extended stay....

Room Tip: If you ever want great hospitality while you stay, this is the place to go. Excellent employess all...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Hi Brad,

The team and I appreciate your amazing remarks about your excellent experience. I'm so pleased to hear that we made you fee at home when you were so far away from your actual home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area. If you wish to contact me please do so at glr@extendedstay.com. Thanks again!