“Great accommodations, professional staff, good value for the price.”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
Ranked #239 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Great accommodations, professional staff, good value for the price.”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Contrary to some of the reviews I read before booking, the hotel accommodations during my three day stay were excellent. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very clean ....and stocked appropriately with towels and accessories. A cheerful staff member gave me a small shaving cream dispenser after I realized that I had left mine at home. The kitchen was also well stocked with accessories and very clean. The service staff were very hospitable, professional and accommodating. My stay was excellent and the value for the price was 10 out of 10. I would definitely stay at the Houston Galleria again.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms are on the first two floors. Web site photos of rooms and building structure are...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and service at this location. I had a less than satisfied experience at the location in north Houston on I-45.

The service was great, and obviously this property is well maintained. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was cleaner than I have seen in most other "value" hotels (Choice, BW, LQ, etc).

Located between a Sheraton and Royal Sonesta, this property could compete very well in categories of service, and cleanliness. I'd recommend this hotel to the leisure and business traveler. The Grab and Go Breakfast is barely adequate, but what do you expect at a hotel that normally is geared for the long-term stay?

Room Tip: Good, clean, and convenient location. Very Pleasantly surprised with the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Cedar Hill, Texas
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The General manager and the front desk was Awesome! They went out of their way to accomodate me and my family.,, They were very professional and friendly we drove in from Dallas for one night, got there too early and the room I reserved on Priceline was a smoking room.the GM found one for me:-) ..she has the best attitude. even after I kept
bugging her by calling every 10 mins lol!!! We were only there over night but we will back..breakfast was great too. Just enough to hold u til u get to The Breakfast Klub!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Felicia C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you so much for the recent review of our property. I am thrilled that you chose to stay with us for your overnight stay. I am glad that the front desk and the General Manager were awesome and that they went out of their way to accommodate your needs.

Thank you again for posting a review and we do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Arrived and assigned to a room that was essentially trashed. I was assigned to another room but when getting coffee the next morning I was locked out of my room. Since no one was at the desk for another hour I could not get back in until after work. Staying at another property for the balance of my stay. Never again.

Completely disorganized and not particularly well maintained property. Will not return.

Room Tip: Make sure it was cleaned.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thomas - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the room you were checked in to was unclean. Still, I am glad we were able to provide you with a different one. As for the second room, I am sorry that you were locked out of it, but would like to let you know for future reference that you can reach our team at any time by using the phone in the lobby.

Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will re-train all staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at glr@extendedstay.com.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I really want to express my satisfaction about the Hotel chain. Each time, I travel and gate crash in like coming late to check in, the reception standard has never diminished from the Night Auditor and other hands, it is impeccable.
You will also enjoy every bit of your stay and the value for your money at the Galleria Extended Stay. A home away from home always.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are serene and outstandingly clean
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed for one night on business and will definitely NOT be back. Staff is friendly enough but that's the only redeeming quality of this hotel. Stayed on 3rd floor and the carpets are very dirty and spotted. Hallway smells like smoke. The room itself has an odd odor to it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was unclean and that it had an odor. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am retraining both our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure these issues are remedied and your experience is not repeated. Still, I am glad that our staff provided you with such great service.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at gotero@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Check in staff was very nice and friendly!! However the room was dirty! Our first room was hot, smelly, smelled like smoke even though it was a non smoking room, the sheets had long black hair and brown spots on them. I immediately called the front desk and the clerk gave us another room with no problem. This room was not hot but I did have a old smell to it. This room was dusty but was better than the first. However when my husband and I got back to our room in the wee hours of the morning a small brown roach flew off one of the light fixtures. I would say it came in from the outside but we were on the 3rd floor.

I stayed in this hotel thanksgiving 2012 with my husband and kids and every thing was perfect. Not sure what happened in between that time but maybe its time for a renovation

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lashay_Jackson
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am so glad that our staff provided you with such great service; however, I apologize that you had issues with the condition of the rooms provided to you during your stay. I take your comments very seriously and I will be working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that this does not happen again. Please know, our hotel will be undergoing a renovation late this year. I hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us.

Thank you very much for bringing your experience with us to my attention. If you would like to share anything else please don't hesitate to contact me, at gotero@extendedstay.com.