“Amazing”

Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel
Ranked #124 of 506 Hotels in Houston
“Amazing”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Staff amazingly helpful. Every question was answered well and articulately. It dint matter of you were looking for a resteraunt or shopping even with construction they were prepared with maps and verbal instructions. They were even willing to search and print specific items. If you are in the area five the hotel a shot.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Brandi M,
We appreciate your positive review and compliments regarding our staff's excellence in service. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team as each member strives to connect and engage with every guest. Please plan to visit us again at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. Thank you again for your review.

Tom Chigoy, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
SODDY DAISY
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The quality of the food was poor and price of food was high in the resturant . The pool was dirty. No fridge or microwave in the room. The rest of the facility was very good and clean. All the staff was great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JOHN W
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
JOHN W,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. It's great to hear that our staff provided great service even though we failed to meet your satisfaction in other areas of your stay. Please know that your comments have been addressed with our team in order to make improvements for a more positive experience. We hope you will return for another visit in the future. Thank you again.

Hobbs, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I want to commend the entire staff of the Sheraton Brookhollow, but Jose Zappata in particular. I have stayed here twice now, a week each time. He has always gone far above and beyond courtesy and today, Mar 19, 2014, he prevented a major accident at the least by being an excellent driver and just caring about the safety of his passengers. Good job Jose!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jessie A
Jessie A,
Thank you for your complimentary review. Your praise regarding our staff's excellence in service highlights our mission to provide each guest with a memorable experience. Thank you also for specifically recognizing Jose Zappata's efforts in service and safety. I will be certain to award him with a special commendation on his outstanding service. We're happy to have had you as our guest and hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.

Burlington, NJ
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I am staying at this property as we speak -- I brought my niece from NJ to Houston to visit her best friend for spring break, and I'm staying at this hotel, telecommuting while I'm here.

The positives I've experienced:
* Good AC system is nice and quiet
* the rooms are generally quiet
* good selection of TV channels
* all non-smoking

The negatives:
* The room has inadequate lighting for folks who need to do work during the day -- I am literally taking shades off the lamps so I have enough work light.
* Parking is challenging...there's a parking garage behind the building, but there doesn't appear to be an elevator from the 2nd floor of the garage down to the ground floor. Am I supposed to drag my luggage down a flight of stairs to check in? When I checked in late last night no one explained any of this to me, or gave me a helpful suggestion about how to manage my luggage.
* Location -- this property is right off of the highway, but it isn't very convenient to nicer stores or restaurants.
* HORRIBLE HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION PROJECT - I know that this isn't the hotel's fault, and that they must be suffering because of it, but this project seriously impacts your stay at this hotel. If you're checking in after 9 pm the scary "feeder road" is closed, so you have to take the poorly signed back way that makes it super-easy to get lost. Even when the feeder road is open, I was scared I was going to crack the axel of my car trying to make it off and on the entrance to the road, because it's a much sharper angle up/down than a standard entrance.

So -- it's hard to get to, hard to get to places to eat, and the parking is (in my opinion) lousy. Unfortunately I purchased this hotel through Priceline and am not able to move -- but I would never pay full price (or even a discounted price) for this hotel.

So -- the property is clean, and the things in the room all seem to work. But there are better options out there!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
JerseyKat,
I appreciate receiving your feedback and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We value you as our guest and hope to speak with you directly regarding the problems you have encountered during your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at your earliest convenience.

Palacios, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband, my 9 year old son, and I decided we wanted to get away for a day for my son's spring break. We wanted to go to the museum district, and this hotel was fairly close. After reading the reviews for this Sheraton hotel and seeing the price, I booked it.

There's so much construction going on, so I was really thankful for my GPS. This hotel isn't in downtown Houston (another thing I was thankful for), it's on the outskirts of downtown Houston. However, traffic is still crazy especially with construction going on. There is construction going on outside the hotel, but there is a sign saying where the hotel entrance is. The road in front of the hotel (I believe it was Frontage road) was closed from 9pm - 5am due to construction, but this didn't bother us because we were back in the hotel before that. We didn't hear any construction noises either which was great.

When we first got to the hotel, it was around 1:40 pm. The hotel lobby was very clean and looked spectacular. Check in time is 3pm, but the man at the front let us check in early with no problems since a room was already ready. He was a very nice man, and he seemed genuinely friendly. We were put in room 245.

Our room was very clean. There was a nice little coffee/tea maker, and the coffee available to make yourself was Starbucks. There was also some Earl Grey tea bags and some orange infused tea bags. There was also two bottles of Dasani water that were complimentary. There were little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion. The tv was a flat screen, and it was very nice. The picture on the tv was crystal clear. I believe there was a good choice of channels.

We learned that there's a hotel shuttle that will drop off and pick up its customers to/from the Galleria and the 290 strip mall at certain times. We were going to use this, but we decided to take our car. Big mistake! We got a little bit lost and wished we would've stuck with the shuttle.

We had two double beds in our room which were both extremely comfortable as were the pillows which there were four on each bed. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the bed and the pillows were the most comfortable I'd ever slept on. The beds each had a sheet, another cover, and a comforter.

The only complaint I'd have with the room is that the walls are too thin. Around midnight, I was awoken by the people in the next room talking and laughing quite loudly (or so it seemed). I went down to the front desk in my pajamas (I was annoyed about being woken up and worried my 9 year old would wake up) to complain. The woman I spoke to at the front desk was very nice about it, and she went up to the room to tell them to quiet down. She even gave us a breakfast voucher for our troubles which she didn't have to do.

One more thing. We had the air conditioner set to 68 degrees, but the room still seemed hot to all of us. We usually sleep with the thermostat at 68 degrees as home. I don't know if the air just didn't move around well enough or what. However, it was really that uncomfortable.

We visited the gift shop in the hotel which I found to be a bit too small. They did have some t-shirts and other random items, but it seemed as if even my hotel room was bigger than the gift shop. However, the woman behind the register in the gift shop was nice though.

Our breakfast vouchers entitled us to a hot breakfast buffet. There was pancakes, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, sausage, bacon, cereal, oatmeal, toast, pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, and juice available. I had pancakes, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, and orange juice. The pancakes and fried potatoes were really delicious! The eggs were a bit bland and tasteless though. The orange juice was fantastic and didn't taste watered down like it usually does in the other hotels I've stayed in. The waitress that was in charge of the breakfast crowd was very nice and friendly. The breakfast buffet is $15 a person which I think is very overpriced personally. I wouldn't have had breakfast at the hotel, but since we got it for free, we did.

We went down to the front desk to check out, and the lady check us out was also very nice. Check out was very easy. There's also a key drop box which I assume is for quick check out, but we didn't use that.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this hotel. The staff is very nice and professional and the beds are the most comfortable I've ever experienced! The rooms could use a bit of soundproofing, but it's still a great hotel. Not to mention that the location is great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather C
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Heather C,
Thank you for your review and recommendations of Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. We appreciate you sharing feedback on all the positive aspects of your stay, as well as areas that could enhance our guest experience. It's great to hear our beds were the most comfortable you've ever experienced and we're glad our location was perfectly suited for your travels. We're happy to have had you and your family as our guest's over spring break and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you once again for your review.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We recently stayed here overnight en route to another destination. From the time we arrived, every staff member we came into contact with was very friendly and helpful.
We ordered room service for breakfast, wonderful omelet! When the lady who delivered breakfast told her manager that my husband was a wounded solider (obvious by the wheelchair and conversation), the manager wouldn't let us pay for the meal and brought up fruit for our road trip later that day. We were blown away!
While an older hotel, they have done a good job keeping the property up to par.
We found the property wheelchair accessible with close parking in the back parking garage.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KatieG958
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Katie G,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. We appreciate you selecting our hotel during your travels and we're thrilled to know that our staff's excellent service made for a memorable visit. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team and we hope to see you and your husband again soon. Thanks again!

Slinger, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great place to host an event. The service for every event we have held here has been exceptional. The staff goes above and beyond. Their dedication has helped to make our events a success for both us and our attendees.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RWB68
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
RWB68,
We appreciate your great review and thank you for hosting your events at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. Our team takes pride in ensuring our guests receive the exceptional service they should always expect. We are thrilled to know we played a part in the success of your events and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for your review and patronage.