“Great experience at Sheraton Brookhollow!”

Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel
Ranked #114 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Kerrville, Texas
“Great experience at Sheraton Brookhollow!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Although not all of the reviews are positive for this hotel, we had a great experience here. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and check-in/check-out were a breeze. We had our little dog with us on this trip and she was welcomed by the staff as well! The layout of the hotel is convenient and the covered parking garage is conveniently located near the hotel elevators. The beds were quite comfortable and the room was meticulously clean except for the tile grout in the bath - it needed some work. We especially appreciated the signage for quiet hours between 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. All in all, a very positive experience!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
wearytraveler416,
Thank you for sharing comments from your stay Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. We're pleased to know our friendly staff, comfortable beds, and variety of conveniences offered at our property made for a very positive experience. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope you'll return for another visit in the future. Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Tom Chigoy, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Dallas
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This property recently changed its wifi providers. The result has been disastrous: slow performance, really slow to connect, requirement to reconnect every time, device limits, dropped service, poor help desk service. Whomever set up this contract either didn't take into account what travelers need or want pr don't know how to set up a workable contract.

Room Tip: Stay on side of hotel that doesn't face 610.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
2Texas_Travellers,
We appreciate hearing from you and thank you for your feedback. It's unfortunate to hear of the inconveniences and frustrations you experienced with our wifi service. The newly upgraded internet offers the most current fiber optic technology and has the most available bandwidth than any hotel in Houston. We have received many compliments from our guests about the recent improvements. Please feel free to contact me about your specific issues so that I can pass it on to the internet provider for any necessary corrective adjustments. We value you as our guest and hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Kind regards,
Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Had my second business stay at the Sheraton Brookhollow. Neither trip was booked by me. The first time, it was a noise problem in the pipes which several of my business partners complained about. This time, I arrived at 11:40 p.m. (my reservation noted late arrival). I was told I didn't have a reservation. I showed them the printed confirmation I carried with me. I stood for 15 minutes at the desk before I finally got a room. I was first told they couldn't get me a room because they were "saved for incoming guests". I just stared at her. Think about that! When I got to my room, and I have photos of this, the leather headboard had something splattered on it that appeared to be dried blood. The leather was shredded. I can only imagine what went on in there. I also have photos of used cotton balls (one under the sink counter and one behind the toilet). I slept in the chair that night, which I first covered with towels. When I tried to wash my face, the water backed up in the sink. My final photo shows the faucet from the shower sitting next to the tub. That's because when I turned it on in the a.m., it fell off in my hand. I couldn't change rooms during the next day because we had a very late business meeting, so I had to endure the next night as well. The final straw came when I tried to get into my room the second night to find out that my room key was disabled. They claimed I was supposed to check out that day. I had a 3 day reservation which, again, was documented on my confirmation. A business associate called them during the day to complain and they added 1,000 pts. to my account. I will never, ever use those or any points at any Sheraton in Texas. I will be at the Courtyard Marriott on the same street on my stay next week. I'm now researching who to send the photos to who will actually care.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
2 Thank maxtime
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
maxtime,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take these comments very seriously and sincerely regret the inconveniences imposed during your stay. I would like to speak with you directly regarding the issues you encountered as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

For what they charge here, avoid unless you're traveling corporate. Save your hard earned cash. NS KING was $140/nt, staying on 7th floor and had to go to lobby for wiFi. Shuttle won't take us where we want to go, close-by etc. Fail. Flew in from another state to buy a car. We're not impressed.
Hotel isn't super clean, and could use a renovation. Fixtures in room are falling apart. Bed has a blood-stain on the headboard. Seriously?

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew W
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Andrew W,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. We take all feedback very seriously and hope to speak with you directly regarding the service failures you experienced. Your satisfaction is important to us and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences imposed during your stay. We hope to hear from you soon and thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Staff amazingly helpful. Every question was answered well and articulately. It dint matter of you were looking for a resteraunt or shopping even with construction they were prepared with maps and verbal instructions. They were even willing to search and print specific items. If you are in the area five the hotel a shot.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Brandi M,
We appreciate your positive review and compliments regarding our staff's excellence in service. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team as each member strives to connect and engage with every guest. Please plan to visit us again at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. Thank you again for your review.

SODDY DAISY
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The quality of the food was poor and price of food was high in the resturant . The pool was dirty. No fridge or microwave in the room. The rest of the facility was very good and clean. All the staff was great.

1 Thank JOHN W
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
JOHN W,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to my attention. It's great to hear that our staff provided great service even though we failed to meet your satisfaction in other areas of your stay. Please know that your comments have been addressed with our team in order to make improvements for a more positive experience. We hope you will return for another visit in the future. Thank you again.

Hobbs, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I want to commend the entire staff of the Sheraton Brookhollow, but Jose Zappata in particular. I have stayed here twice now, a week each time. He has always gone far above and beyond courtesy and today, Mar 19, 2014, he prevented a major accident at the least by being an excellent driver and just caring about the safety of his passengers. Good job Jose!!

1 Thank Jessie A
Jessie A,
Thank you for your complimentary review. Your praise regarding our staff's excellence in service highlights our mission to provide each guest with a memorable experience. Thank you also for specifically recognizing Jose Zappata's efforts in service and safety. I will be certain to award him with a special commendation on his outstanding service. We're happy to have had you as our guest and hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.