“Wedding Block”

Ranked #119 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Huntsville, Texas
“Wedding Block”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We booked a block of rooms at the Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel for our recent wedding. The staff was awesome and the rooms were great. They were very easy to work with and tried to accommodate us in every way. They provided shuttles to our event and kept the bar open late for our continued celebration. The entire experience was wonderful. I'm so glad we chose to stay there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pearlandtravelers
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Congratulations on your wedding! We are delighted you took the time to share your kind review; we value your comments. It’s wonderful to know your stay was enjoyable. Nothing would please us more than a return visit.

Warm Regards,
Tom Chigoy, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This review is for the Sheraton Brookhollow hotel. We found this hotel on trip advisor and after calling the hotel found that they do wedding receptions. I was getting married in March and I chose this hotel for my wedding reception. The wedding reception was scheduled for March 2014. I paid $1400 as deposit for the reception which was scheduled 1 week after the wedding date.The wedding was in another state. After marriage, I discovered some severe medical problems and fraud from my spouse and separated from her right away. I cancelled the reception 5 days before due to these issues which were not known before marriage. The reception was cancelled at such a short notice because these issues did not come to light until after marriage. Sheraton brookhollow was not at all sympathetic to these issues which I consider as exceptional circumstances. They charged me another $1400 despite my explaining the circumstances to them. They do not have any empathy and all they care about is money. They charged me a total of $2800 without any reception taking place. When I tried to speak to the manager(Tom Chigoy), he was extremely rude and did not want to reimburse any money. I explained the situation to him that these are difficult circumstances beyond our control but he failed to understand. The outside catering company I hired refunded 50% of the deposit and did not charge me any money for the event itself. So, basically Sheraton Brookhollow took the $2800 without doing anything for 1/3 rd of the ballroom which was booked. I understand that they cannot refund the full amount, but they could have at least tried to negotiate with me and offered me something maybe 33-50% of the total amount. I would never recommend Sheraton Brookollow to any of my friends, familes or relatives. They are looking for a fast buck, will take advantage of your situation and will not work with you. Please do not book this hotel for wedding reception. They are inflexible and do not care about you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Shabena Y,

Thank you for writing. Please be assured that we empathize with your unique situation. We realize this is a difficult time for you and have done our best to work with you. We have been in contact with you regarding this issue.

Tom Chigoy
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a miserable experience at this hotel, and don't believe it should be called a Sheraton. From the incompetent Front Desk Clerk (and eventually her Manager) that could not figure out how to make keys properly, to the broken air conditioner unit (no central air conditioning) that could not be fixed, to the very warm lobby (due to no central air conditioning), to the 2 AM fire alarm that kept going off, to the rule that they don't have dressers in the junior suites...this was a disaster! Honestly, where are people supposed to put socks and underwear when there isn't a dresser. The Front Desk Clerk suggested we hang them in the closet. Give me a break! Just awful! Avoid if at all possible.

Room Tip: I suggest requesting a room with a dresser, or you won't have anywhere to put your socks, underw...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for writing. Please be assured that guest satisfaction is very important to us and these matters are not taken lightly. We have been in contact with you regarding your stay.

missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff at this hotel was great, very friendly and helpful. Overall it was a nice hotel. I did think the rooms were kinda small and blah. The price was not a good value. No breakfast except for the 15.99 buffet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging that our associates were welcoming and nice even though you did not find our accommodations to your liking. We appreciate our guests taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback both positive and opportunities for improvement.

wichita kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This place is hard to get to with construction going on.
Seems to be safe and we visibly saw security which is good as I took a drive and ended up in the hood very quickly.
Parking garage is in the back and was free.

Room Tip: parking garage in back free internet and parking which both are not always standards in Sheratons
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dougf74
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I appreciate you acknowledging our safe hotel with convenient parking. I apologize for your frustration due to the road construction; as this is temporary I hope you will give us another opportunity. We hope to see you again.

Best, Tom Chigoy, GM
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The staff are very welcoming and helpful. I stayed for 3 days for meetings and staff were quick to arrange local transfers. Front desk staff (Lynn and others) always made you feel that nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast with omelettes cooked to order is fantastic! Very good night's sleep thanks to super pillows and linen. Hotel buses to and from Galleria was also a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark D
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Mark D,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thanks especially for recognizing Lynn, she’s thrilled and extends her personal thanks as well. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Yours truly,

Tom Chigoy, General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I've not been to this hotel for more than 5 years and pleasantly surprise it is being kept up with minor upgrades. Not the easiest to drive to due to highway and road construction with bad signs. Free parking is good and plenty. Front desk staff is knowledgeable and patience. Bed is excellent and 7th floor is quiet. Fitness center is well equipped. Breakfast staff very helpful and eager to serve.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CVictorT
CVictorT,

Many thanks for your review; we value your comments as a TripAdvisor Top Contributor. It’s great to know you enjoyed your stay and it was our pleasure to provide you with our best in service and accommodations.

Best regards,