“Great place to pass the time”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #68 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 26 August 2013

No one likes to go to the airport and wait several hours. However, on a trip to Philadelphia in early March, I had quite a bit of time to wait.

I love seafood, growing up in South Louisiana. So, I figured I'd get some fried shrimp.

The food was very good. Just a little greasy (some places are better than others on this issue with fried foods)... Service was very good. I was on crutches, so that made seating a little difficult. I was near the main entrance, so there was a lot of traffic near me. I had to move my crutches for people a few times.

Service provided by the wait staff was good. The decor was also nice. I enjoyed my meal at this location. I will probably eat here again in the future, if I have time to wait (while waiting for a flight out of the airport)

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I've had my share of "Airport Food" and what a treat it is to fly in or out of Houston Hobby Airport, Pappadeaux has made Business trips to Houston or just a lay over, a real treat. I never have any trouble finding a table or a spot at their wonerful Bar, the Seafood is always fresh, tasty and comes out quickly, and as for the Servers, lets just say they are great, friendly, knowledgeable and glad to see you. The place stays busy but from the Hostess, to the Servers, to the Bar Tender and even the Kitchen, the Staff offers you a great experience, don't miss this Flavorful, Fun spot next time your travels take through Houston.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Unbelievable that a restaurant this good is in an airport. My brother who flies a lot for business told me about this place and I must say that even though Houston Airport is not my favorite due to it's size, this restaurant makes a long layover OK. I've had the lobster bisque, seafood gumbo, soft shell crab and I love them all! They also have an excellent wine list, even half bottles! Beer selection and cocktails are also great. It is kinda expensive but it is worth it.

The service is also great. Warm, friendly people who make you feel at home. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is an excelent place to have lunch and wait for your flight. Food is delicious, atmosphere is friendly and relaxing.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This restaurant, at the airport, is just excellent - in the quality and presentation of the food, the cheerful and helpful service and the atmosphere which all make up for an ideal setting to enjoy between flights. Their lobster bisque is to die for - and after three of them I was ready for my next flight. I should find out if they are at other airports instead of detouring through Houston every time. Ha !