“Great little property where great properties are hard to come by”

SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #173 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had been looking for a decent property in this area as I fly in and out of Hobby quite often. What a great little find this place was. Loved the mini-suite room. Great breakfast. And very clean, basic lobby and breakfast area. Now - this is not a high end hotel. But that's not what it is designed to be. What it is is a great option when you are in the Hobby area.

Note - it is not in a great area. That's part of being at Hobby. But it's much better than the other hotels I have tried in the area. However we did feel safe in the parking lot even when we came in late at night. Also - we stayed midweek and the property was mainly other business travelers like me.

Loved the clean, fresh suite. Slept like a baby in the wonderful bed. Good internet so I was able to get a lot of work done.

Room Tip: My room at the end of the hall was super quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dianne D
SpringHillSuitesHOU, Asst. General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We love to hear that you enjoyed all of our wonderful accommodations throughout your stay and we hope that you can visit us again soon. Sincerely, Eric Yanez.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I usually like to be consistent with other reviews but this place isnt the greatest. Most Springhills are way nicer. I place a lot of blame on the type of folks staying here which the hotel can do nothing about. The breakfast area is a disaster. Kids dropping food and putting it back. The toaster takes 10 min to cook any bread. People were loud and obnoxious both mornings, many of them armed with cameras! TV in room is small. Cleaning staff couldnt speak enough english to tell me where the stairs are. If you can get this place for $50 or close to, go for it! Wouldnt pay more.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank defresh
SpringHillSuitesHOU, Asst. General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. While I am happy to know you chose our property on your most recent visit to Houston, I want to express my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with us. You can be rest assured that we take all feedback we receive under serious consideration and use it to improve our guests' experiences. We hope you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Sincerely, Eric Yanez.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I was in town for one day for a wedding and booked at another hotel but when I got there the parking lot was full of unsavory people son I refused to go into the hotel so I looked for a marriott and it was a block away. Jill the front desk receptionist was amazing. She found a room for a good price and it was ready before 12 pm for check in so I could get ready for the wedding.
Marriott always comes through that's why I've been a member for so long. The King room was great! Thx Jill

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mamatica007
SpringHillSuitesHOU, Asst. General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you felt our staff did a great job of accommodating all of your travel needs. I will be sure to share your winderful comments with Jill. I want to personally thank you for your loyalty and and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for your feedback. Sincerely, Eric Yanez.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We prepaid for two nights, but had an encounter with a deer and missed the first night. They let us check in for the second night. The check-in was quick and painless. The staff was very nice. Jill had me laughing ( not an easy task in the morning) when we checked out. The room was very clean and nice. It had a frig, microwave and a sink. No dishes, pans, or plates, but nice. The elevator was very cranky sounding, but you could not hear it outside of the elevator. The only eating establishment was a sports bar. The sign on the door warned that "white beaters" were not allowed. Even though we felt safe (haha) the music was Very loud. This was a great hotel experience! We will return!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are very pleased to hear the location was great for you. Thank you for sharing that the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We strive to provide the best service to our guests and I am excited to share your comments with Jill. Thank you again for your feedback. Sincerely, Eric Yanez.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here on a quick overnight heading to Miami. Checked in after Midnight, I was checked in very quickly and headed to my room. The room was cool when I entered so I didn't have to wait for it to cool down before I went to sleep. Bed was nice and comfortable. Checking out in the morning was just as efficient. The shuttle driver was also very friendly and efficient. This is the quality I expect staying at a Springhill, and the quality I have always received. This is why I am a Silver card member with Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GabeFranchise
SpringHillSuitesHOU, Asst. General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We love that you enjoyed your stay with us and we want to thank you for your kind comments about our staff and comfortable accommodations. We hope that you can visit us again in the near future. Thank you again for your feedback. Sincerely, Eric Yanez.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Marriott Springhill near Houston Hobby. It is located within a few miles of the airport and offers a shuttle. The hotel is clean, rooms in very good shape. They offer a nice breakfast that is included. The staff is helpful. However the area around Hobby is not the nicest and I would not recommend walking around especially at night. This is common for all hotels located in this area. I would stay here again if looking for a hotel near HH.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FreqTraveler831
SpringHillSuitesHOU, Asst. General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your kind comments about our accommodating staff and facility. We love that you chose our property when you came to Houston and we hope you can visit us again if you are ever in this area in the near future. Thank you again for your feedback. Sincerely, Eric Yanez.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

In any other area this may get an average rating, but with the sparse choices near Hobby, this is one of the best. This was my second stay here. The rooms are big and business traveler friendly, and the staff is friendly. The fact that the bar was closed was a disappointment (it was a small bar). The hotel has free breakfast but I left before it was out. Overall good hotel!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank carriep75

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. My team and I are here to take care of our valuable guests and we truly appreciate your kind comments. I apologize that our bar was closed when you stayed with us but we hope you can visit us from Monday-Thursday so that you can sit and enjoy a wonderful drink. We hope to see you again very soon the next time you are in the area. Sincerely, Eric Yanez.