La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Northwest
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$233
US$202
US$271
US$164
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)
US$212
The Houstonian(Houston)
US$280
US$270
  • Pool
All reviewsjason's deliboiled eggsla quintasexecutive suitewaffle makernight's sleeproom was cleanplace to stayenjoyed my staysoniclqpetscerealmidnightdryercleanlinesscouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I was disappointed. Tile in bath was dirty looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Grout in the bath is really dry and cracks are in it everywhere. Room smelled really musty. Insulation in room isn't good at all and you can hear people above you and outside really well even with the air on. Corners are cut everywhere to save cost. water seemed really hard they provide you with a very small shampoo/condition combination but that doesn't do anything for long hair that tangles in wash with hard water. So no conditioner to really help reduce tangles. Coffee in the room they only provide you with 1 small packet of creamer and 1 small packet of sugar. Only two towels were provided in room. You can ask for more and it will be provided. Breakfast wasn't up to other La Quinta standards. Just not use to asking for everything that should already be provided. Extra creamer and sugar request ok i can understand that but the room should be equiped with enough for two people. in a double room towels should accommodate 4 people without having to request. Shampoo should be enough for two people without having to request more. I have never stayed in a room La Quinta or other hotel that didn't have conditioner. I will not visit this La Quinta again. Pool area was clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel since it was near where I had a business meeting. We have stayed at other hotels in this chain before. This hotel was not up to our normal experience with this chain. I will say that check in at the front desk was quick and pleasant. Unfortunately, that was our only pleasant experience. When we arrived at our room the toilet seat appeared to have dried urine on it. We notified the front desk and they promptly changed our room. Our second room was ok from initial appearance. When my wife woke up the next morning she had insect bites that we suspect came from the bed. The free breakfast was the worst that we have experienced in all of our travels. We stay at several hotel chains each year(75-80 hotel stays yearly). All have had better breakfasts than this one. When you look at the fact that most competing chains charge approximately the same rate that we paid at this hotel...it is hard to think of a reason to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2010

When pulling into this hotel I was a little leary as it's not the cleanest, newest looking hotel but I was pleasantly surprised. It is an older hotel (new LQ just up the road a few miles) but the room was very clean and the price was great. It did smell a bit musty but nothing we couldn't handle. Lots of places to eat within walking distance as well. The kids also loved the pool...Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimmie77Hutto
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I was staying with a group of friends in Houston for a dog show. The hotel was dog friendly and had a good place to walk the dogs. My room was right by the lobby, but the noise wasn't too bad. The breakfast was nice, but we were only able to enjoy it one day due to the time we had to leave. On two of the three days I stayed, the amenities in the room were not replenished (soap/shampoo/coffee). The evening staff was great!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2008

I stayed at this property when I was traveling for a wedding. I was looking for something affordable but with enough amenities that I could get ready in my hotel room without having to pack things like hair dryer, etc.

The La Quinta was surprisingly clean and tidy - nicer than most other limited-service hotels I've stayed in. The neighborhood wasn't exactly the best, but that's certainly no fault of theirs.

The room was comfortable and well-lit, and the AC was incredibly powerful which was good because it was over a hundred degrees the entire time I was there.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)