“Thought smoking hotels were gone...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Northwest
Ranked #203 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Thought smoking hotels were gone...”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Checked in and my first room smelled of smoke and the smoke removing machine was still in the room. Air conditioner was set to max cool (meat locker) to mask the smoke smell, I suppose.

Now I'm my 2nd room and I can smell smoke coming from somewhere inside the hotel, maybe in the room below me.

I won't be staying at this brand anymore. I guess I shouldn't be this bias in my language but when I drove up and say a ton of construction trucks, I should have guessed. They only have 6 smoking rooms in the hotel, according to the night manager. Just my luck to encounter two of them in one night.

Room Tip: Ask where the smoking rooms are and if you don't smoke or like to smell smoke, ask to be placed...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JonathanW99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks, ac didn't work (Aug)- took them 2 days to repair.The carpeting in the room was filthy dirty.I couldn't get my room cleaned without a hassle, so I cleaned it myself. The staff is hit or miss, a few are professional and courteous- most are rude and flat out lie to you. Most of the cleaning and maintenance staff are Hispanic and don't understand English. Our room key would constantly stop working (at least 10 times) causing us to have to go to the front desk to get replacements, or walk around to the front door since we couldn't get in the side entrances.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Roger F
Hamilton TX
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Fairly new hotel on the northwest side of Houston and we pulled in late afternoon without a reservation. Thankfully they had a room available! Check in was a breeze and the staff were all very nice and eager to please. Room was very good, the beds comfortable, and internet access was easy and free! They had a great breakfast buffet as well as a well-stocked snack area. I would stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our reservation were made a month ago, we called a week ago to modify the reservation. When we arrived we were notified that even though we requested an ADA roll-in shower all rooms were being worked on for modification so we were given a room that they said was ADA aces such with such a small doorway there was no way a wheelchair would fit. Why would someone not call and tell us that there were no disabled rooms available? Lucky for us Holiday Inn Express had a ADA room and was able to save us.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 60956Mark
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Upon arrival was warmly greeted , staff was courteous, room cleanliness was very good. Customer service excellent, beds comfortable, really enjoyed my stay. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Houston, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice and Clean and friendly Staff. I have been traveling to Houston for the last 3-4 years and I stayed at many other places. This LaQuinta was out far the best. The mexican guy (can't remember is name) is very kind. I like him a lot. He always makes up fell welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Frisco, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I spent 21 nights at this hotel recently. My room was clean and the breakfast offered by the hotel offered a good variety of choices. The front dest staff were always helpful, courteous, and cheerful. I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business