“Great Hotel in Houston-Galleria”

HYATT house Houston/Galleria
Ranked #30 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks, the room is great, and all the people are very friendly. You can go to the pool, gym, and every day between 5 and 7 pm they give you some drinks and food. The area is quite, is better if you have a car but you can request to the hotel a shuttle with no cost. I totally recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your extended stay at our Hyatt House. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've stayed here a dozen times or more in the last 4 years. 4 years ago, it was a dive. Slowly but surely, it has improved in quality and service. I think the biggest changes have come within the last 8 months or so. Food is much better quality than prior to the "new" Hyatt House rollout, Rooms are clean and well maintained--I think mine was recently renovated, or at least appeared that way. The service was outstanding--and you'll probably see previous posts by me here that say otherwise. The front desk staff and housekeeping staff was cheery and helpful, and really made me feel welcome back (it's been about 4-5 months). It's as good or better than any other hotel in the Galleria.

Room Tip: elevator is really slow, so if you plan on going down to the first floor, pick floors 1 or 2; the ga...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for being a loyal guest at our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback you have provided and will make sure to share with our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I usually travel for work and this hotel is great for long stays. The rooms are full equipped with all the needs so you can make yourself like home and whatever else you might forgot the hostess will be aware of anything

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad we could be your home away from home on your long work stays. We hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here for a few days. Loved this hotel. The location is nearby the Galleria, and there are shuttle services available for short distance travel. The room is clean, and the bed is very comfortable. The parking place is ample, and the breakfast is okish.

However, the coin laundry facility is excellent. Good number of washers and dryers is available, and the cost is reasonable. And it is open 24 hours.

Good price and would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you stay again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

When I first booked, I was skeptical because of the low price. However, upon check-in I was extremely grateful I had booked here. The hotel was one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in. I traveled with three teenagers and felt safe in the location. The extra security of the gated garage was an added plus. The entire staff was friendly and overly-accomodating. The complimentary breakfast buffet offered the usual items and was an added bonus. I really enjoyed the separate rooms of the bedroom suite. Even though we didn't use it, the kitchen was fully stocked with everything you would need. The hotel was not in the heart of everything, which I liked, but was close of everything could want to do in the Houston area. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, but the extra room is great for families. Great overall experience.

Room Tip: The bedroom suites are great for families. Gives you more space and a separate bedroom.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the great review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

this place is absolutely awesome! There is only one negative thing I can say...the pool was kind of dirty. Other than that nothing. The rooms were clean the staff was great and caring. The service was awesome. They really cater to the guests. The hotel staff knows what to do under any circumstance. I checked in Thursday and will check out monday but I really want to stay more just because of how great this place is....I have stayed elsewhere before but this is by far the best.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here for a wedding I was in around the Houston area; the staff was very friendly and everything was nice, however we did have a few miscommunication issues. I was sharing a room with multiple other people and we planned on splitting the bill at the end of the stay; I do work in hotels, so I was aware that upon check in they would want to authorize my credit card for the remaining amount, however we asked that they put cash on the account and authorize the remaining (so my credit card was not maxed out during my trip). Obviously something got lost in translation because my card got authorized the full amount anyway. The staff was very apologetic, however it didn't change the fact that I had a maxed out CC during my stay which made it frustrating

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Summitcolorado88
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us last October. We do apologize for the issue you had with over authorization of your credit card. We can split payment when multiple guests are staying in a room but we do require either full cash payment or a full authorization of a credit card upon arrival. The authorizations at our location are system generated and based on the length of stay, rate, taxes and incidentals.