Courtyard Houston North
US$229
US$465
US$332
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$451
US$303
US$293
  • Pool
All reviewstypical courtyardbusy freewaymarriott propertiesairport shuttlenear airportbreakfast and dinnerfree shuttlebusiness tripthe entire staffiahratesdesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2013

It's a good hotel for what it is — a competitively-priced airport hotel.

On the plus side, it's not far from IAH at all. It's convenient to the freeway, and during the daytime, the Greenspoint business district with some dining options. At night, the place becomes deserted and the hunt for food takes you into some suspect neighborhoods. There's nothing next to the hotel. There aren't even vending machines — Courtyard has adopted the "market" approach where you buy your products through the front desk.

The room was well-appointed with a flat-panel TV and free wifi (big plus in my book). There was also a microwave and fridge, but the fridge didn't work. The bathroom was fine, aside from some issues with sweeping that housekeeping needs to address. The bed was uncomfortably lumpy.

Checkin-in and out was quick and super-friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I recently stayed here overnighting between flights from Canada en route to Central America. Upon arriving at Houston airport, I waited about 30 minutes for the shuttle and realized I should have called. My error. I quickly discovered that there is a hospitality phone which directly connects to various hotels, but I was unpleasantly surprised to discover that the Courtyard was not listed. As I did not have a functional cell phone and no American change on hand, I could not call the hotel. So, I was obliged to take a 25$ taxi to the hotel. When I arrived at the hotel, I was agitated, but David at the front desk was very helpful. However, there were some internal communication issues as my husband arrived to meet me there a few hours later on a different flight. The front desk seemed to be completely unaware of this, despite having left these details with them. My husband was treated rather brusquely after he too had spent another $25 for a taxi because of the M.I.A. shuttle. The room was perfectly fine as was the small resto. We found the shuttle issue to be a big problem. It was fine getting us to the airport the next morning, but is unreliable and difficult to access on the way in. Be sure to message the hotel if you require a pick up, and hope that no weather gets in the way of your plans, delaying or changing your arrival. Obviously, contacting the hotel is no problem if you have a cell, but often travellers to Houston are not American and may not have a cell plan that is not exorbitant. After $50 in taxi fare to a hotel which claims to have a great shuttle, I was left unimpressed. Booked with booking.com which should have clearly indicated the concrete details about the shuttle. Also, given the many choices of accommodation in Houston, several are much closer to the airport and have regularly scheduled shuttle services. Unfortunately, for us, the math did not work out at all this time around

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We booked this hotel for three rooms, during a business trip to Houston. The front desk people, especially David, were very friendly and made sure we were well taken care of. The hotel is very clean, and the rooms very clean and quiet. Good for working in your room if necessary. Only complaint was coffee in the AM was on the weak side, could have been better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 22 October 2013

It's the area I need to be at, and the price of the hotel is generally very competitive. Very clean rooms and competent staff. August is hot in Houston, and the a/c was powerful and quiet. Free parking is a plus. Thanks!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I would recommend this hotel, It was a very nice place @ a great value. Hotel shuttle was very accommodating picking us up @ the airport & taking us around town to stores & restaurants. Pool was very nice, Spa was alittle hot, but most are. Café had good food & made fresh.

Room Tip: I stayed for two different nights, the second night I got the suite, It was well worth the $$$
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family