“Chain hotel near chain restaurants and strip malls”

Courtyard Houston Northwest
Ranked #213 of 506 Hotels in Houston
New York City, New York
“Chain hotel near chain restaurants and strip malls”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This is a clean, new looking Courtyard in an area of Houston that is awash in chain restaurants and strip malls. The hotel staff is energetic and friendly, and this Courtyard delivers what every Courtyard delivers, so at least it's predictable. One complaint: The ceilings are so poorly soundproofed that in the middle of night we (and our colleague some doors down) could hear people walking in the room(s) overhead. Surprisingly pricey, given its remote location.

Room Tip: Be careful about noise from room overhead
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

For the everyday business traveler, this location will suffice your needs.

Located in the northwest corner of Houston, it has immediate access the highway system and a wide selection of eateries.

The room, bedding, tv selections, and service were good.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I travel quite a bit for work and for pleasure, and I stay in a lot of Marriott properties, including Courtyards. I was very underwhelmed by the Houston Northwest facility. The location is what it is, it's not a particularly scenic part of Houston but it is convenient for several nearby businesses (most notably HP, which is literally across the street).

I found the nightly rate (I was on a corporate rate) to be rather high for the location, the amenities offered and the overall quality of the room. The lobby seems to have had a recent makeover, it's rather modern and is quite nice. But the rest of the facility (including the rooms) works more like an older, un-renovated multifloor motel. In particular, the walls and ceilings/floors seemed very thin, as I heard noise from the rooms around me at night and in the morning.

The room was clean and well-maintained, it would be a nice addition if they would upgrade to TVs (or at least TV remotes) with sleep timers. The staff was very professional, engaging and helpful.

I will probably be heading back to the northwest Houston area again for more business trips, and I will likely explore other lodging options when I do.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The Louetta Road Courtyard seems new; it's certainly clean and comfortable. Although not included in my July 2012 room rate, the onsite, cooked-to-order breakfast option was fantastic. The king bed was notably firm and comfortable. I'll surely return when family or work travel takes me to the Spring, Texas area.

Room Tip: Onsite Starbucks and friendly, helpful staff started the day off right.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The review title says it all. our stay was a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The ice machine is super loud...we weren't near it and neither should you!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
West Lafayette, IN
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My husband and I were visiting family for the holidays, and we stayed at this property for several nights. This hotel is right off the highway and across the street from Hewlett Packard. It's a convenient option for business travellers and for families. The room was standard and clean. Service was good, and I appreciated knowing in advance that housekeeping services would be minimal on Christmas Day (this did not bother me in the least, but had I not been told, I would have been upset).

I was a little disappointed that the rooms did not have refrigerators as a standard ammenity (unlike many other hotels I've stayed in recently). The beds were a little soft and uncomfortable. I was greeted as a Marriott rewards member but was not offered any special ammenity as a result. Also, free breakfast is not provided by this brand, but free internet service is.

The lobby area looked recently remodeled and had contemporary furnishings. The hotel was very quiet. We would consider staying here again in the future due to the convenient location.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We live nearby and just needed a room for a couple of nights while our home was unavailable. Wanted something inexpensive but well appointed as we're used to nice hotels. Courtyard didn't disappoint. Very very clean, nice beds and lovely room. Extremely pleasant and also helpful staff. The eating area, like other courtyards, is actually a restaurant...there's not a free breakfast which is fine as we don't eat much in the morning anyway. There is a breakfast spot next door "The Egg and I" which is fine but always very crowded and service slow, though food is good. Others have detailed the stores nearby but I'll add Radio Shack is next door since I needed some things for my electronics while there. I read the review from 2010 of the SUV being broken into for golf clubs...a little unusual for clubs...a purse or briefcase/laptop in sight, is always an invitation to thieves, but not usually clubs. In Houston like any big city, I suggest if you want to keep something valuable in your trunk or car, no matter what part of town, stow it before you get to your parking area so you're not a target for thieves watching. Just a good general rule for going to the gym, restaurants, hotels, (and hotels near them) etc. We were very pleased with the upscale nature of the rooms.....didn't try the internet but would have been frustrated by that if I had needed it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple