“The worst internet connectivity I have experienced ever in a business hotel.”

Courtyard Houston Northwest
Ranked #218 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Guadalajara, Mexico
“The worst internet connectivity I have experienced ever in a business hotel.”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I arrived here since November 7 and the “free” internet connection is terrible; even the personnel is extremely kind and they are telling me the reason is because there are changing the internet provider, the fact is that is almost impossible to work here. The only possible reason I can imagine for someone to stay in this hotel is because business/work reasons, so, without a decent internet connectivity, there is no reason to book this hotel. Unfortunately, this is the last time that I will stay here. Yes, I'm Obviously frustrated!

Room Tip: No advice here.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Darien, Illinois
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Since this is an average hotel, I will just list the amenities it offers. The staff does seem friendly though.

1. Sofa in the room
2. Seems like a clean room
3. Balcony in each room
4. Shuttle will take you anywhere within vicinity of the hotel

However, the hotel is located in an office park and there really isn't much around it. The hotel is located right off a highway so you can hear all the traffic when on the balcony, but you can't hear the traffic in the room for the most part.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Morristown, NJ
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel for the price. Staff were friendly and helpful. Clean. The only downside is the location. It's about a 15 minute trip by shuttle from the airport and not in the greatest of neighborhoods. Also there are no restaurants nearby and you'll need to catch a cab if you want to go out for dinner.

• Stayed July 2013
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 June 2013

i Love this hotel. Though not that big but rooms are spacious, the housekeeping is superb. Their buffet breakfast spread is not that huge but the limited choices are all very very good. i love the different types of berries that they offer :)

The restaurant staff and even other hotel employees are very friendly and will always attend to your queries and requests. Their coffee is from starbucks! the hotel residents can even have to-go coffee is they're not having time for breaky.

They have a shuttle to and fro the airport which is very good, taking into consideration how expensive taxi drivers charge. Also, a shuttle from the hotel to the walmart and back :)

I definitely recommend this especially to business travellers.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
NWCourtyard H, Manager at Courtyard Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the hotel. Unfortunately it appears that you may be rating the wrong hotel. I do hope that during your next trip to Houston you chose our property. Thank You!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

OK, does anyone think that for $200 in Houston one should expect a bathrobe, slippers and a bottle of water in the room? Think again, this hotel offers none of the above, as you should just be happy to have a bed to sleep in. Shove it, Marriott, I want a refund!

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank hi_stick
NWCourtyard H, Manager at Courtyard Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you feel as though you were not given enough for what you paid. We do however make sure that our rates are very comparable to other hotels within our market, and as a limited service Marriott we do not offer robes or bottled waters in our rooms. Again, thank you for your time and thank you for choosing Marriott!
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We loved our stay at this hotel! First of all it was our wedding night and when we checked in the lady at the front desk treated us to a free breakfast the next morning once she found out we had just gotten married. Our room was very clean and comfortable! But then when I woke up the next morning, my husband was in the shower and I went to the sink to brush my hair and flipped my new earring off that my sister had given me to wear at the wedding and down the drain it went!!! I was devasted! But to the rescue was the Marriott once again! This was a Sunday morning so they did not have anyone to take the drain apart but promised that no one would go into that room until my earring had been retrieved. And guess what! They kept their promise and had my earring safe and sound by 10:00 the next morning! What a relief for me! And what excellent customer service this hotel has!!!!! Many, many stars for them!

Room Tip: Any room here would be a good one!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. Congratulations on your wedding, and I am so honored that you decided to let us be a part of your celebration. It is really nice to hear such kind words about our rooms and the staff. It is our goal to ensure that everyone leaves our hotel with a smile and good thoughts. I am absolutely thrilled to hear all of your postive comments. I will be sure to pass all of this along to my team. Again, thank you for choosing Marriott, and please come back to see us again
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights in Feb'12 while on a business visit. Nothing to write home about. Nothing much except that it was close to my office and they provide a free shuttle from the hotel to my office. Rooms were small and neat. Right next door are couple of delis and a pub. Nothing much around the place....good for a quick pit stop if you're travelling around the area.

Room Tip: Road facing rooms tend to get a bit loud at night
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad that our location was convenient to your office and we were able to accomodate you with transportation. The strip mall located behind us has a variety of food and we are glad to have it in such close proximity to our hotel. If you are back in Houston in the near future I do hope that you choose our location again. If so we will be sure to put you in a room facing the courtyard pool view to avoid any noise from the highway. Again, thank you for choosing Marriott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
SpringHill Suites Houston Northwest
TownePlace Suites Houston Northwest
Hyatt Place Houston NW Vintage Park
Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Comfort Suites Willowbrook
Comfort Suites Willowbrook
#272 of 517 in Houston
Residence Inn by Marriott Houston Tomball

Been to Courtyard Houston Northwest? Share your experiences!