“Stayed there two times this year, very good hotel”

Courtyard Houston Northwest
Ranked #220 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Papendrecht, The Netherlands
“Stayed there two times this year, very good hotel”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed two times thsi year in this Courtyard, January and June.

The hotel is close to my work, so that's very conveniant.
At check-in I noticed the professionalism of the staff.
I felt myself appreciated.

In January we had a situation, it was freezing in Houston.
The motorists in the Houston area are not very used on this cold conditions and the news showed a lot of traffic jams, accidents and iced roads.
This had an inpact on the availability of the staff in the breakfast room.
Since the staff was not ontime, the staff of the reception started to make coffee and giving muffins for breakfast. Without billing you. Yes adaptive service, well done !

I came back in June, this time I had a room at the back of the hotel.
Because those rooms have less sunshine, the airco has to make less overtime.
So for this I recommend a room at the back instead of the front of the hotel.

The room was clean and the bed is of good quality.

Considerations for improvements:
Offer a more European style breakfast
An in-room safe, big enough to store a 15" laptop.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, since one will have sunshine, causing less in-room airco no...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Nene and Maria went above and beyond to satisfy this customer! We have a group of 12 in town for training and they allowed us to bring pizza in from a local pizza shop. They had a table all set up for us and we couldn't have been more pleased!!! Kudos to the Marriott management team for 'taking care if the customer'. This will be a good week. Oh yes we did manage to run up a nice bar tab :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Maria C, Manager at Courtyard Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for the great feedback. It is our pleasure to serve you. I am very pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations. It is our priority to ensure that all our guests have a memorable stay. Our entire team appreciates the recognition, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Chicago
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a great buisness hotel. The staff were excellent , Ne Ne , Juliet , the night team whose names a unfortunately failed to get , down to the general manager took great care and pride in service. Wil be back soon .

• Stayed July 2014
Beijing, China
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel location is very good, convenient enough for my business trip.
The room is big and quiet. However my room got no refrigerator, which I thought should appear in all rooms.
The free WiFi is pretty strong in room, but the cellphone signal is somehow very weak.
Overall it has been a good stay.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms are big and clean. The mattres needed a replacement and there is no safe in the room.

Although the hotel is a bit isolated you have several restaurantes nearby. There is a Target at a walking distance and 30 meters away you have a Dominos, great to have a cheap meal and convinient if you are too tired or just want to stay in the hotel.

I found the rate to be too high but I was on a business trip and the reservation was done by the company so I really dont know what other options are out there and their prices.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Maria C, Manager at Courtyard Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We value our guests’ comments. We will be installing new mattresses in July of this year. We ensure the best available rate whether traveling on business or pleasure. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to servicing you in the future.
Saint-Chinian, France
Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you're not here for business in the old Compaq you'll find the surroundings pretty boring.

There are a frw restaurants and a bar in the strip mall just to the east of the hotel, and Brewskis, although loud, is the best of them. Great beer selection and decent food.

The hotel itself: Clean and looks freshly updated. Very nice staff. My room, 214, was very noisy though - the wall air conditioner was extremely loud, as these things always are, and since it is necessary to keep it on 24/7 in Houston in June it made it difficult to sleep. Add to that that there seemed to be zero sound proofing in the walls, and you can imagine I've had better nights. Every time the people in the next room, or on the floors above, went to the toilet or had a shower I thought I had the Niagara Falls two feet from the head of the bed

1 Thank Anders A
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is an average Courtyard. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the lobby was nice. It is a good location if you are visiting HP and other nearby companies. There are restaurants in the strip mall next to the hotel. My only complaint with this and all Courtyards is that you get nothing extra by being Marriott Platinum (breakfast should be included).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jpb7428
Maria C, Manager at Courtyard Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our hotel. Guest feedback is very important to us. As a valued Marriott Rewards member, we strive in meeting our guests expectations. Marriott does offer Elite benefits to its members staying at any Courtyard brand hotel. I apologize if you were not made aware of the benefits during your stay. Rest assured that my time and I will inform you at check in during your next stay. We look forward to hosting you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
SpringHill Suites Houston Northwest
Comfort Suites Willowbrook
Comfort Suites Willowbrook
#254 of 508 in Houston
Hyatt Place Houston NW Vintage Park
TownePlace Suites Houston Northwest
Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Northwest/Cypress

Been to Courtyard Houston Northwest? Share your experiences!