“Remodeling without warning”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Near the Galleria
Ranked #51 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The hotel was remodeling the floors outside of the suites -- began work at 8:30 on Sunday morning and same on Monday. No relaxation -- and very loud. Defeated purpose of trip which was to relax. Hotel should advise when they are planning this instead of the guests being surprised.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Yen M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Dear Thomas S,
I’m truly sorry to hear that your stay did not go as planned! We did do a “lift” to the corridor and scheduled times to not disturb our guests. Once again we are very sorry about the inconveniences you experienced and we hope to have the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the near future. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My family arrived to this hotel early and we were checked in, at least in one room, the other room wasn't available yet. That was ok since we were checking in early we didn't mine waiting. The first desk staff was very nice and eager to get us settle. Overall, this hotel was a pleasure for my family to stay at and we will be staying at other Embassy Suites.

Dear Brenda H,
Thank you for your comments we truly value them. Our # 1 goal is customer satisfaction and we are very happy to hear that your overall experience was great. We see you soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was surprisingly disappointed in my stay. My room had a crib not requested and a letter dated the previous day addressed to someone else; I assume the prior customer. When I called to have crib removed, it took three tries for front desk to answer. They said, if I did not want crib, to push out into atrium. I did so, and it was still there next morning. Room service and breakfast food inadequate. Uses Starbucks coffee; very bitter. Clock was broken.

Dear Ronald G,
I’m very sorry that your stay was not what you expected! I have address your comments with each department involved and we have taken measures to make sure what you experienced won’t happen again. I do hope you give us a chance to redeem ourselves please let me know If there’s anything I can do for you.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The experience at this hotel was exceptional. The customer service was one I have not experienced in a long time. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I will certainly stay again as long as they can offer the rate needed for travel reimbursement.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Yen M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear Kimberly L- It was pleasure having you in our hotel. I have shared your comments with my staff and all of them they are very thankful for the great comments. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Your cannot beat this Hotel for a business trip, if you are working long hours and need a quite room to sleep this is the place. Also it is nice to have a place to eat breakfast before you get out in the morning to start your day. Great rooms and great staff that make you fill at home if you are on a business trip for awhile.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Yen M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear Lori P- All of our guest comments are very important us! We appreciate your feedback. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you had a comfortable stay. We hope to have to opportunity to accommodations very soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We have stayed here before and enjoyed being close to the church we wanted to attend on Sunday and close to the show my husband wanted to attend. The staff have always been very helpful, the atmosphere is relaxing, and the room very comfortable. I am able to get up and walk to the church and my husband goes to a flower show and has been able to find parking to keep his plants in the shade. We have always been very satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Earl K- We have shared your great comments with all of our staff members and they are greatly appreciated. Your comfort is our # 1 goal! We value your loyalty to our hotel. I'm sure we will have the opportunity to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Embassy near the Galleria. The entire staff was friendly and professional. The room was very clean and spacious. We always enjoy the complimentary manager's reception when staying at the Embassy. The complimentary cooked to order breakfast is one of the best that I've had an any Embassy. The Chef did an excellent job. He was very engaging with the guests and did a good job entertaining the kids while cooking. I highly reccomend this hotel and plan to come back in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Lamont D-We get very excited when we read reviews like yours they mean a lot to ALL of us. Our Chef is a character we are proud to have him in our team. Your recommendations are greatly appreciated! We look forward to your return!