“Mom and Dad quality time”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Near the Galleria
Ranked #53 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Wanted to see some locations in Houston while spending one on one time with my best friend. A much needed weekend. Hotel was not as High as I had thought. The Homewood suites would have provided a much nicer view as a high rise but the stay is relaxing and close to the mall with places to eat close by.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've been in customer service for over 25 years, and my experience at the Embassy Suites in Houston, TX was extremely poor. The front desk staff is unfriendly, my overall staff rating is unfriendly, and my room smelled unclean. I'm a person that will not complain, but I do walk away and never return or give recommendations. Location is great, but there are other hotels within a block.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Carudo, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest- thank you for your comments. I was very concerned about your comments regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on the outstanding comments we regularly receive about our front desk individuals, and obviously we dropped the ball on your stay with us. We have shared this review with our staff, to ensure that a guest of our hotel is always treated with the utmost courtesy, hospitality, and professionalism, at all times.
I do hope we have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you're a Hilton Honors loyalist, within a half mile of the intersection of Westheimer and Post Oak, you have six choices under the brand - listed roughly from North to south: Hampton Inn, Hilton Post Oak, Doubletree Suites galleria, then Homewood Suites, Embassy, and Hilton Garden Inn all on Sage.

I have now stayed in all of them save the Hampton. I managed to get a deal at the Embassy suites using points plus cash and have no problems with it. It's clean, roomy, very friendly staff, but lacks any sort of spark or feature to make it stand out as worthy of a "very good" rating, especially in light of the competition - including by their sister properties - so close by. (Literally, it's across the street from the Homewood suites and 3 buildings away from the Garden Inn.)
As a frequent traveler to Houston, I usually stay near the Galleria - not for the chain steakhouses, traffic, and strip clubs, but rather because it's relatively central if you need to get downtown, to the energy corridor, and up to the woodlands all on the same day. But I'll be hard pressed to go back to the Embassy there simply because the other Hilton-operated properties seem newer, fresher, and have more charm (and covered parking).

Room Tip: Away from the elevators, and ideally on the 3rd or 4th floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest- thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased that you found us very good; I certainly hope that some day we can change that 'nothing specific stands out'...we sincerely hope that if we are fortunate enough to serve you again in the near future, we will be able to 'wow' you with our service. We will be undergoing some exciting physical changes over the next year and a half, to help that along.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We enjoyed the location. Just steps from the Galleria. We didn't have to walk though since there was a shuttle with a very nice driver who insisted on taking us where ever we wanted. Just remember to tip him each time or he will remind you. I found all areas in the hotel to be clean. Staff was mostly very helpful with the exception of not bringing extra towels when asked to.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest- thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with us. I was very pleased to hear your positive comments regarding the friendliness of our drivers, and the convenience. I am very sorry that your request for towels was not handled quickly and properly. As a traveler myself, it is a critical element, especially when traveling with your family. I have spoken direclty with my housekeeper, to ensure this does not occur in the future.
I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on business travel. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I enjoyed the complimentary happy hour and breakfast. Room was clean and comfortable though décor is slightly dated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Husband and I can always depend on the Embassy Suites wherever we go. The Galleria area was nice to walk, high end and safe. The Hotel was older but kept and the staff was great! Breakfast was good and I also utilized the gym facility which was also kept and clean. Would recommend and had a great stay.would come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Sandra at the front desk was wonderful. The staff at all hotels should be as friendly and helpful as she was. She really went out of her way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. The made to order breakfast was as good as advertised.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends