“What a relief!”

Ranked #196 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“What a relief!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My sister and I had traveled to Houston for a wedding and had stayed in an awful hotel the first night. We checked out of that nightmare and made a reservation at the Hobby Airport Hampton Inn as we were flying out of Hobby the next morning. We were so excited to find a nice, clean room with the amenities we expected from a Hampton Inn and nice comfortable beds. The breakfast was the usual fare, but suited our needs just fine. I did not notice signs of wear in the room we stayed in and everything was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The deskclerk was very helpful. And, had I known, there is a gas station right next door where I could have filled up my rental car had I known instead of the sleezy one I stopped at right off of the highway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
myramassop, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your review! It was our pleasure to ensure you had a fantastic stay at our hotel. It is always our goal to exceed your expectations, and we look forward to the future opportunity to do it once again.

Thank you so much!

Assistant General Manager
Myra M, Assistant Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2017

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here on a recent work trip. For the price, it is outdated. It was a cool night in Houston and the heat in the room didn't work. You can tell the room is worn and has been stayed in for years. Just not the "new" hampton look. Friendly staff and convenient to the airport though.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Debbie T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. At the Houston Hampton Inn by Hobby Airport, we pride ourselves in exceeding expectations, and I offer my deepest apologies that your stay was not up to standards. If you are planning to visit our hotel in the future please let me know and I will personally assure that your stay is a memorable one. Your input is very important to us and I value the experiences our guests have as it helps us fine tune our operation in order to provide our guests with the value and service they deserve. Again, I offer my deepest apologies that we failed to meet and exceed your expectations and thank you for your quick response.
Toronto
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I had business close to Houston's Hobby Airport, so the Hampton Inn, which is usually pretty good, was selected as being close and having a shuttle service. Unfortunately, my experience was not a good as it usually is with Hampton Inn.

Having to wait 45 minutes for a shuttle bus is not really a 'service'. It came 30 minutes after I called the hotel to inquire as to the pick-up. It's a 5 minute drive from the airport - so not sure why the problem. There was no problem leaving early in the morning as the driver was ready to go.

The staff were quite friendly and helpful. The room was good, bed comfortable and room quiet. Probably the hotel could do with a bit of refurbishment.

The hot breakfast selection in the morning was not up to standard - everything was dried out and with not much flavor - I pitched it and went with the cereal/juice/coffee selection.

There are no restaurants in the immediate area and it was suggested by my business hosts not to walk in the area in search of one.

So if you're only flying in/out of Hobby Airport, it's an OK hotel. Flight crews seem to stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert C
hamptonhobby, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about the problems you had while you were with us. All too often guests can leave not completely satisfied and management may never know.

The inconveniences you encountered with the AC and phone in your room is not indicative of the level of service we provide. After seeing your comments I have gotten with the various departments and remedial measures have been taken to correct this problem. With the comments that our guests provide it allows me the opportunity to correct our mistakes. I assure you this is not normal practice for this Hampton Inn.

If you are planning to visit our hotel in the future please let me know so that I can personally assure that your stay is a memorable one. We would very much like a chance to improve your opinion of the quality of our rooms and hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in your eyes.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I've stayed in a lot of Hampton Inn's and this one must be one of their older hotels. Not bad just not quite as nice as many of their others. Friendly staff. No happy hour like I've experienced in some of the others. Very close to Hobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a side away from the airport, unless you want to look at the planes.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
At the Houston Hampton Inn by Hobby Airport, we pride ourselves in exceeding expectations, and I offer my deepest apologies that your stay was not up to standards at the Houston Hampton Inn. I hope that upon your next visit you will give us another chance to show you our improvements. We as managers appreciate this type of feedback. Many guests can leave unsatisfied and we would never know, but thanks to your effort we are able to fine tune our operation in order to provide the kind of hospitality that we can feel proud of.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was remarkable, especially Aly at the front desk. They were very accommodating to our children and made sure that we had everything we needed. Staff went over and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. The rooms were nice and free breakfast comes in handy when you are providing for three boys, four including my hubby. Overall, we had a blast and we would come back in a heartbeat. If you are looking for a moderate priced, family friendly, clean and fun place... This is it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Again, thank you for your responses See You Next Trip!
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 May 2011

This property is in need of renovation. Furnishings seem very dated. No restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2011
Washington, DC
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We had to stay overnight at Hobby as "distressed passengers" (i.e., airline travelers who missed their connecting flight and didn't want to spend the night at the airport) and the Hampton had the lowest-priced rooms available. We figured, it's only a night, and we've stayed at many Hamptons before, so what could go wrong? Well, the room was intolerably humid, and was comfortable only with the thermostat set at 69 degrees or less forcing you to be cold in order to be dry. The elevators are at the rear of the hotel rather than centrallly located, forcing you down a long corridor and back. if your room is near the front of the hotel. Just make sure you get one on the quiet side of the hotel, facing the bayou rather than the airport runway.

There are no dining options in the hotel or within walking distance, although the shuttle driver can take you to the nearby Pappas BBQ, if you don't mind a long wait for a pick-up. The shower curtain was too short, barely touching the top of the tub and pouring water onto the floor if you didn't notice. The motion sensor in the bathroom kept turning off the light every five minutes while you were in the shower (and when the light was working, the constant flickering created a weird strobe effect).

Because we arrived late and departed early, we didn't have the time to complain to the front desk and maintenance wasn't around to address these problems, but for the rate we paid and the convenience to the airport, we felt we got our money's worth. If we had instead paid the rack rate, we certainly would followed up on Hampton's 100% satisfaction guarantee!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Again, I offer my deepest apologies that we failed to meet and beat your expectations and thank you for your quick response. I value the experiences my guests have as it helps improve the hotel.