“Convenient to Hobby”

Ranked #194 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Northport, Alabama
“Convenient to Hobby”
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel was close to the airport and convenient for my needs. The entire staff were as friendly as I have encountered at any hotel. The rooms and facility were very clean. Breakfast was typical Hampton. The rate was a bit high due I am sure to the proximity of the airport. The wifi was included and that always helps on the bill. I would stay there again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank William C
Ray H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Mr. William:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to congratulate my team on a job well done. Our ultimate goal is to “Delight the Guest” and I am excited to hear that my team are taking on that task with dedication and commitment.

If I can ever be of personally assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at ray.hite@hilton.com. Thanks again for taking the time to congratulate my team! Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Ray Hite

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2012

It was a nice location. The staff was pleasant, the room had a horrible odor of cigarette smoke that was all in the covers. Overall, the room was clean. Just glad it was only for one night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear LadyTri:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to discuss your concerns with me personally. I apologize for the smell of the room that you experienced during your most recent reservation. I could understand how this could be very frustrating. On the other hand, I was very excited to hear that the team members you encountered during your stay was pleasant.

I was also happy to hear that the cleanliness of the hotel either met or exceeded your expectations. Our ultimate goal is to “Delight the Guest” and based on your review I can see that we fell short of that goal. Now we can’t erase what happened but I sure can do everything within my power to make it right. Please feel free to contact me directly at ray.hite@hilton.com.

I would also like to assure you that we are taking steps to ensure that these issues do not happen again. The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously as they tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed at Hampton Inn Houston Airport 03/16 - 03/21 and I was totally dissatisfied.
Firstly, I have booked a room for mentioned dates for US $ 436,50. But when I came to check in, a hotel receptionist didn't find any booking linked with my name.
Moreover, I was told there were no free room with same conditions as I had previously booked and I was offered with a smaller room.
Furthermore, I was charged an amount of US $ 531,47 as a receptionist said he was unable to provide me the same rate as I had previously booked.
In addition, my room was not perfect and was not cleaned 03/20.

And the last thing, which deeply irritates me is that my credit card was additionally charged US $ 35,98 after I checked out (03/21). I frankly wonder for a what additional service I was charged.

I mailed my complaint directly to hotel manager and to Hilton Hotel chain customer service month ago and still didn't recieve any answer.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Alexey S
Ray H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Mr. Alexey:
I would like to thank you for taking the time to discuss your concerns with me personally. I apologize for the inability to locate your reservation during check-in. I could understand how this could be very frustrating. I have double checked in our system to ensure that multiple reservations were not found under your name. If you happen to notice a no-show billing from any of our other hotels please hesitate to contact me for assistance in validating that you did in fact stay with us.

I would also like to apologize for your room not exceeding your expectations during your stay. Our ultimate goal is to Delight each Guest and based on your review I can see that we fell short of that goal. Now we can’t erase what happened but I sure can do everything within my power to make it right. If you can provide an email address I would like to contact you directly. I can be reached at ray.hite@hilton.com.

I would also like to assure you that we are taking steps to ensure that these issues do not happen again. The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously as they tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated!

We hope that you will give us a second chance to exceed your expectations. Feel free to contact me directly for assistance in securing reservations.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Here is the good -

Friendly staff
Great location
Good parking
Nice TV with lots of channels

Here is the not so good-

The room was dirty. I dropped my glasses in a corner off of the bed and had to dig under years of accumulated dirt. I looked around and found every corner to be dirty.

Long black hairs in the bathroom. Not mine!

Bathroom needs re-caulking.

The mattress slides off of the box spring.

The carpet is getting worn. Acceptable but worn.

So......your typical airport hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Debbie T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. We are working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Houston that you will consider staying with us again.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2012

i travel for business and stay at Hampton hotels 8 out of 10 trips - I had a rental car to return prior to my flight and when I asked for directions I was told to 'just follow me' the shuttle lead us to the car rental and then dropped us off at the airport - that's service above and beyond... thanks

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
myramassop, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your review! It was our pleasure to ensure you had a fantastic stay at our hotel. It is always our goal to exceed your expectations, and we look forward to the future opportunity to do it once again.

Thank you so much!

Assistant General Manager
Myra M, Assistant Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2017

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My sister and I had traveled to Houston for a wedding and had stayed in an awful hotel the first night. We checked out of that nightmare and made a reservation at the Hobby Airport Hampton Inn as we were flying out of Hobby the next morning. We were so excited to find a nice, clean room with the amenities we expected from a Hampton Inn and nice comfortable beds. The breakfast was the usual fare, but suited our needs just fine. I did not notice signs of wear in the room we stayed in and everything was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The deskclerk was very helpful. And, had I known, there is a gas station right next door where I could have filled up my rental car had I known instead of the sleezy one I stopped at right off of the highway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much!

Assistant General Manager
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here on a recent work trip. For the price, it is outdated. It was a cool night in Houston and the heat in the room didn't work. You can tell the room is worn and has been stayed in for years. Just not the "new" hampton look. Friendly staff and convenient to the airport though.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Debbie T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. At the Houston Hampton Inn by Hobby Airport, we pride ourselves in exceeding expectations, and I offer my deepest apologies that your stay was not up to standards. If you are planning to visit our hotel in the future please let me know and I will personally assure that your stay is a memorable one. Your input is very important to us and I value the experiences our guests have as it helps us fine tune our operation in order to provide our guests with the value and service they deserve. Again, I offer my deepest apologies that we failed to meet and exceed your expectations and thank you for your quick response.