“Very Good, Except on the breakfast”

Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #207 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 10 March 2014

However, my disappoint was at breakfast. One of the ladies had an awful cold. The entire time, she coughed in her hand. Not only coughing in her hand, she had a bag of bagels or some type of food, that she had just put out for the guests. She coughed w/ the bag of food in hand, into her hand. When you are serving food or around food, I think you should cough into the cuff of your elbow or into a paper towel and then wash your hands. I did not see her wash her hand ONE time. It turned me off and I threw my food away and did not eat there anymore. The staff was helpful in helping me, when I had a breakfast issue, but soon after, the coughing lady entered the scene and it went downhill from there. Most people are not aware of what they are doing, but when around food, you ALWAYS have to be! People get sick from other peoples germs! I think any business that serves food needs to go through classes and managers/owners need to make sure they check that good hygiene is practiced at all times.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tim P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2015

We are very pleased to hear we were able to provide a pleasant hospitality experience. We look forward to serving you again when you are back in town.
If you have any additional comments or concerns please feel free to contact me as our goal is to achieve a 100% satisfaction on every guest with every stay.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed for one night and would not recommend staying any longer. If you do not have a rental car, your food options will be very limited. Room seemed clean enough, but my curtains were askew and everything seemed to need an update. Close to the airport and wifi worked well. Would not necessarily be my first choice if staying near the airport again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank UMS

Thank you for taking time out of your day, and reviewing our hotel. . I'm sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel the service that you had experienced is most definitely not the service we try to provide here at the Hampton Inn Hobby Airport. If it would be better for you, please contact me directly at Timothy.pritchett@hilton.com and we can discuss your issues further since we want to ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for posting this review as we need to hear about the experiences of our guests.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is not up to the standard that one would associate with the Hampton brand. There was mold in the drawers, the bed was too soft and made my back sore. There was one lamp too few so that you could not read in the corner chair. The breakfast food was lukewarm. If you have stayed in other Hamptons, this one will disappoint.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Had to stay here due to cancellation of flights. It was not the best Hampton I've ever stayed in. All drink machines wouldn't accept my $5 and the front lobby said they had no change. I later found out they had drinks in the back and were handing them out. I'm an honors member but I guess it didn't matter.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The hallways and elevators are very musty and the carpets definitely need a good cleaning. Thankfully the rooms were clean and did not have that smell. The shuttle service was convenient to take us around but the hotel seemed short staffed. Breakfast was typical for a continental-type. Very close to the airport so you pay for the convenience but not worth what we paid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great service and value located very conveniently to Hobby Airport in Houston. Only minutes to downtown venues. A short distance to Galveston and other Gulf Coast attractions. Staff is spot on, rooms are great and breakfast is very satisfying. An excellent value for the cost of the room. My wife accompanied me on this business trip and was very impressed as well with the value and the service we received.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The standards of Hilton are upheld at this Hampton Inn-Hobby Airport. Nice, clean, quiet and friendly staff made my week stay feel like home.Tried other chains but in the end, nothing compares to the quality, standards and value of Hampton Inn. Great job I will be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business