Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park
Ranked #69 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Overall, our stay was okay. We stayed here on the recommendation of a family member but she herself wasn't happen with the stay. Several things went wrong with the stay including a bathroom leak, tub not draining, and a tv not working. Breakfast was good, staff was nice and helpful. Pool was small but kids liked it anyway.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MAYRAR367, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello Ampar0p2014,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to give your feedback for the Hampton Inn Houston Medical Center. We strive to provide each guest with an exceptional experience and I see that we were less than successful with your particular stay. We have taken into consideration the issues you had during your stay and assure you that we are putting forth action steps to correct them for future guests. If you find yourself in the area any time in the future, please don't hesitate to give us another try and I assure you that we will not disappoint. Thank you again for your response and I wish you well in your travels!

Tiffany Ball

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times. It was always good but recently there has been a management change or an ownership change and the level of comfort here is way down.

I checked in and the front desk staff was rude and almost to the point of being obnoxious. It seemed that everyone at the hotel was mad at each other and taking it out on the customer. I found out that there is a new manager, so that could be the problem.

The usual Hampton experience is good, but this hotel has gone wrong in some manner. I would suggest going to the Marriott if you are going to the medical center and avoid this hotel until they straighten the management/operation of the hotel out.

I certainly will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Ralphie G,

I'm so sorry for your poor experience on your recent stay at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me at your earliest convinience at mayra.rascon@hilton.com or 713-797-0040 Ext 4908. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We needed a comfortable hotel near the Reliant Center. I found the Hampton while driving in the area during a trip in January and thought I would give it a try on my next trip. I'm very pleased that I did. Hotel has gated parking and a very nice reception area. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Very good wifi with a computer desk area. The bedding was wonderfully fresh with the best pillows that I can remember. The free breakfast was much better and more varied than most hotels with sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, mixed fresh fruit, hot oatmeal and cereal. Also had excellent coffee. There is a Lubys cafeteria on the adjacent property for those who do not want to drive to dinner.

Dear Wayne6396,

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating and for taking your value time to share it online, we're thrilled to know that our great staff along with our friendly service and amenities meet your expectations, we will more than happy to see you again on your trip to the area. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be at your assistance.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I did not have my typical Hampton Inn experience staying at this location.
Pros:
They offer a shuttle starting at 6:15 am to TMC and it is available all day and into the evening. The shuttle will also take you to restaurants in a 3 mile radius for dinner during the week. This is nice considering the only places to eat in walking distance is Luby's and Subway.
The shuttle drivers are some of the best I have experienced - they are nice, they help you with your bags, they do not drive crazy, and they know where they are going.
The woman managing the breakfast is good. She makes a beautiful display of fruit salad with fresh fruit. Granted the timer on the waffle maker does not work but that is not her fault.
The shower though older works well and does not leak out all over the floor.

Cons:
When I got to the hotel Joe told me my reservation was for 1 night 2 days prior but the email I had confirmed my reservation was starting the day I arrived for 4 nights. This has never happened to me.
Joe decided to answer multiple calls that called in after I arrived at the front desk instead of deal with the issue above. He did not suggest they had a room available for me. When Doug came to the front desk, I talked with him and he was helpful.
The hotel is 2 miles away from TMC in an asphalt jungle. It is not a nice area to walk around in. The hotels off of Fannin are in walking distance of the hospitals and a running/walking trail.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hampton Inns are reliably clean with friendly, helpful employees & a great breakfast buffet. The hot food is hot & there is a huge variety. We've stayed in several Hampton Inns along the east coast, Houston, TX; San Diego, CA & Tampa, FL with no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brenda D,

As a pride employee of the Hilton chain I would like to thank you for your loyalty to our brand, is very exited to hear that or "Hamptonality" goes from coast to coast and that you enjoy our services and amenities, here at Houston are looking forward to see you again on your next trip to the area. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be at your assitance at 713-797-0040 or mayra.rascon@hilton.com

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have become very fond of the Hampton Inn & Suites hotels and this one is no exception. Comfortable rooms and a really good breakfast, with helpful staff and a reliable shuttle service covering both the Reliant Center and the local amenities. Happy hour in the lobby each evening was very sociable and a good way to break the monotony of business travel. Good wifi connection too. Watch out for the elevator though - at peak times you will have to show a lot of patience. (take the stairs!)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here while doing tests at M.D.Anderson. Helpful staff, clean room, good value, and shuttle to the door at the Hospital. Could not ask for more. Full kitchen suite with couch/bed if needed. Breakfast was excellent and very varied. Lubys next door! Always stay at Hamptons and this is a good one. B.Alexander

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Barbara A,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review, we're happy to know that our lovely hotel was great for your needs I will be sure to pass your comments around with the staff here, one more time THANKS!

Mayra A. Rascon