“A Great Place to Stay for Business” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall

Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall
Ranked #110 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Holly Lake Ranch, TX
“A Great Place to Stay for Business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times; enough to provide a good, objective review. I gave 5 Stars, as I can't think of anything wrong with this Hotel! It's extremely close to a big Mall, Shopping, several bars, favorite restaurants, and a country dance hall open later in the week through the weekend.
As far as service goes, you couldn't ask for better. On my most recent trip just before Christmas, I had a very enjoyable time. The young guy (Brent?) that checked me in was very nice, remembered my name, and is always quick about his job. I didn't talk to Musafa on this trip - but he often works the graveyard shift, and is EXTREMELY nice - always smiling and willing to help.
In the morning, Lexi helped out on a housekeeping issue (extra towels), and was very quick and had a smile. I notice at this hotel there seems to be very little turn-over. I stay here for business a few times a month, and I see the same faces. The property manager, Sonya, is also very nice and helpful - and obviously respects and takes cares of her employees.
The food is good and has an indoor pool and hot-tub. Very close to amenities and work for me. Have nothing negative to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: When traveling to Hotel from Airport, N. on Hwy 249, take the Gesner Exit and enter the Willowbrook...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Highworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Hampton was much as expected, comfortable, convenient and good value. However I couldn't get the water hot enough for a decent shower which was somewhat frustrating in an otherwise good experience.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Stephen F,
Thank you for your feedback of the Hampton Inn Houston Willowbrook. I'm so sorry to hear that the temperature of your shower was not to your liking. We want every guest to be completely satisfied when they leave, and I'm sorry that you were not. I will address your concerns with my maintenance team to ensure everything is working properly. Please allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Little Rock, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Enjoyed the stay. Good clean room and bathroom. Updated appearance. Tasty breakfast buffet. Easy checkin and out. If unfamiliar with the area's streets, it is a difficult to figure out where the hotel is, even when having the address. Approaching from the east, there is no way to turn left into the hotel. The hotel is tucked away behind a highway entrance ramp which one cannot turn left across.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear John Robert S,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Willowbrook. I'm glad to see you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and had an easy check in and check out. Please come back soon. We love having you here!

Kind thanks,
Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I arrived around 1am, flight was delayed leaving NC...I checked in and went to my room turned on the heat and it made a funny noise, then smoked and the fire alarm went off! I called to the front desk and Musafa came right up to check the ac/heater unit. Because hotel was fully booked he brought me another comforter and comped my room for the night, next morning I came down and they had a new, even nicer room for me. Marie made sure I had everything I needed and when I went back to my room in the evening i had a goody bag which was so nice and thoughtful. The customer service is awesome here. The breakfast was very good and the nice lady manning the area remembers you and makes sure you have everything you need. I will definitly stay here again. Clean, convienient and great customer service, what more can you ask for!!!

Room Tip: I got a king room which had a sofa and desk area which was nice since I was here on business and nee...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Christen J,
I want to apologize for the issue with the heater in your room. I do appreciate the five stars and your kind comments about my staff. I am very glad they turned your stay into a positive experience.

We love having you here!
Fargo, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

The first room I was given was not fully cleaned from the previous rental. The second room given to me after the clerk checked it out had a strong musty odor and was very hot. The cooler was set to 60 degrees and never worked. The third room was perfect. The quality control for the rooms needs to be corrected.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Mike A,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the problems you had while you were here. Our goal is to provide every guest with a clean and comfortable stay. Please accept my apology that this did not happen. I will be addressing your concerns with my entire staff to ensure these issues are promptly corrected. Please allow us another opportunity to change your mind the next time you find yourself in the Willowbrook area.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Very nice motel. We were there for a wedding. Staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms and bathrooms clean. Staff seem to do the extra step to help you. Breakfast had a good variety. Staff working the breakfast always making sure stocked up and everyone always acknowledging us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and breakfast here at Hampton Willowbrook. We love having you here! Please come back soon.

Warm thanks,
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

It was a very good experience staying in Hampton Inn. The receiption was really helpful and friendly, welcoming behaviour toward guests. The breakfast is good also with possibility of both warm and cool types. I will be there again and will also recommend to my friends.Everything is perfect just the airconditioning was making a bit noise.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Surong L,
Thank you kindly for your review. My team hopes to have the pleasure of hosting you again the next time you travel to Willowbrook Hampton Inn. I do apologize about the issue with the AC unit and will have maintenance work to resolve the issues. We love having you here!

Warm thanks,