“Pleasantly surprised”

Quality Inn & Suites Houston
Ranked #375 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The price and location were right for us since we were in the area for the Houston Rodeo. We had been driving for a while and weren't going to have a lot of time to eat before going to the concert at the rodeo, so the complimentary drinks and appetizers were a nice surprise to tide us over until after the concert. The room was clean and amazingly quiet considering the proximity to the interstate. I liked the fact that there was a recessed area in the bathroom for the ice bucket and cups. At most hotels, I have to find a spot for those things in order to have room on the bathroom counter for our things. If we can score tickets to another concert at the rodeo later in the month, we'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 January 2014

As a Platinum member for Choice hotels I see a lot of them throughout the year.. This one ranks on the upper edge...Its a clean, safe and modern hotel with a location just off the freeway. I found the front desk very friendly and thorough... Room was up to date and nicely furnished with an emphasis on clean. I did not partake in the breakfast or use a rather small outdoor pool...didn't see a hot tub...I found the price to be in line with what the area had to offer...I used the CLC travel card and only wish being a Platinum member provided a better discount..

Room Tip: I always ask for top floor end of the hall..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013

After having stayed at different Marriot & Hiltons in the same city , this hotel discppointed me(although priced almost same).

Had to stay there for a day to attend a meeting nearby. But was disappointed by overll experience including breakfast, amenities. Rooms were quite ok.

But was touched by the stafff assistance. Had a muscle sprain after playing golf over the weekend. At 1 in the night the reception arranged medicine for me. Will always be gratefull.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AbhiPriya2901
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your visit at our hotel. As you stated, we are certainly not a Marriot or Hilton, but we are a great mid-scale hotel with comfortable rooms and a great staff.
Your business is appreciated.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

not-your average Quality inn. The room was great, clean bedding, clean bathroom all the things to expect. I was 7 days into a trip and needed to do laundry, I washed clothes and all came clean. The dryer was broke !!!!. The manager took it upon himself after asking several to dry my clothing in the hotels commercial dryer. he accommodated and and refunded my money for the dryer broken 5.00. What a great management team and a great hotel and breakfast this morning was really really good.

Room Tip: far end of the building is nice a quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn in Houston for your recent stay and for taking time to post this review. Your comments are very important to the success of our hotel, it tell us and other visitors of your experience.
Your business is truly appreciated, please plan to visit again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The manger was very professional and helpful from the time I called three weeks before, till I arrived and got my room! The hotel was very clean, great service, awesome breakfast. It was difference everyday!
The people that clean the room were very friendly and helpful. I'm recommending that our school use this hotel for ALL its events when we are in the area. I will go here personally when I'm in town.
All the staff were helpful, no matter the shift!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was quieter and away from the exit doors and the ice machine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

We are truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to offer clean, comfortable rooms at a competitive rate and great customer service.
Thank you so much for your review, We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Honestly a really poor hotel stay. On the plus side first: large rooms and comfortable beds, quite clean (could be cleaner), and friendly staff. This hotel is located so close to the interstate/freeway that if your room is facing the road you will be unlikely to enjoy a good night sleep. The room's AC is mounted directly under the window and blows fromt he floor simply straight on to the bed so you have to turn it off during bed time. The breakfast was horrible, served using plastic (yes plastic) cuttlery and plates. I guess at the price the hotel charge I can't complain too much, but I advise to find some other hotel, a bit further away from the road.

Room Tip: Away from the road!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Your remarks are not typical of our hotel, however, it is good to know of your experience so we can make corrections and improve services.
Our breakfast meets Choice Hotels standards, I think you will find that most mid scale hotels have disposable plates, cups and utensils. We offer 3 hot items, cereals, muffins, toast, waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, milk and juice. I'm sorry that you felt this was not proper for a complimentary continental breakfast. If you should choose to stay with us again, we will gladly offer you a room away from any noise.
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience to you and thank you for your business.
We wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I sincerely and wholeheartedly recommend this hotel. The manager, Tony Le and his staff cannot do enough to ensure you have the perfect stay.
The added touches are the 'icing on the cake' - on tap tea and coffee, little extras at breakfast, flowers, hot tub and Mr Le's honest inquiry 'anything else I can do for you?' makes you feel so welcome and part of the Le family. I adore this man!
The rooms are fabulously clean, comfortable and well equipped. The beds divinely comfortable and new. Towels are white and fluffy.
The pool is well maintained, Ph checked daily (rarely have I seen that!) and emptied for thorough cleaning as needed.
Above anything else I've commented on and most important for families, I felt safe here :)
Thank you ALL for a fabulous stay!

Room Tip: Stayed in 3 different rooms, all equally as good!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends