“Stayed here for 3 weeks”

Clarion Inn & Suites West Chase
Ranked #276 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Stayed here for 3 weeks on a extended stay.

Its a very decent place. Its located in a great location write next to Westhiemer Road, close to many eating places, important offices, cinema halls etc. All within 20 minute car ride or less.

The staff is good. Not superb but good. I had some problems with my bed lamp, two times in my stay. They fixed it both the times on the same day.

I even ordered some goods from amazon ( I am from overseas). My packages were received by the staff and handed over. Nothing lost.

The room service had excellent integrity. Many times I left my iphone, ipad or even some cash lying around. Nothing lost.

The bed was extremely comfortable.

Nice LCD with enough entertainment channels to pass the time.

The best part - Free internet, Free Breakfast, Free printing services in the lobby, Free Gym ( nice gym) and of course free parking.

The rooms are very big. Lot of space to walk in. You never feel claustrophobic.

The bathrooms are nice. You don't cringe when you enter them

Very safe place. No dubious characters around the place.

Their are 5-6 hotels/motels right next to this property. Since I was on a extended stay, I checked them all out. I found this one the best amongst all. Best value for money. The one which comes closest to this is "Motel 6", which is newly renovated and right next door. All other properties seemed crap to me as I checked the rooms, talked to the staff etc

Glitches :--

1. Free Breakfast but not up to the mark. Same things served every day. Could be improved. And also the breakfast closes at 0930...too early for comfort!

2. One day their fire alarm got activated in the afternoon. It took them good 5-6 hours to reset it and had to call external help. This meant cos of the noise, the room was unusable for that many hours

3. The housekeeping girls though with great integrity but very pushy with "housekeeping services" at 10 am in the morning. They would bang on your door and even open it despite "do not disturb sign" on the door! Found that very strange. It happened to me many times till I went and expressed my anguish to the manager. This was not repeated after that.

Feel free to ask me any questions, should You have any.

Room Tip: choose a room on first floor away from elevator. I use to park my car right in front of my room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sally M

Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here over spring break. Most of the staff was average ... like customer service wasn't the goal, but they were nice enough get by. Room was clean, no complaints. Location is fantastic. Westheimer is *right there*.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 29 April 2012

What a nice gem! I've seen this hotel since I usually stay next door at the Best Western Mini-suites( they were charging 100/night for some reason) and I am big big fan but this quality inn is def on par with BW.
Check-in/room: Quick and efficient. Got a high floor king room away from the elevator. Yes! they have an elevator so no prob if you have a bunch of stuff. VERY clean and spacious. The king room I had had a small kitchen area with cabinets, microwave/fridge and a recliner in the sitting area. The rooms are just as large as the Mini-suites next door.
Breakfast: Those icky powdered eggs, sausage, pastries, bagels, waffles. Typical of this class hotel. Enough to get you started for the day
Return/recommend: Absolutely! The just need a pool and it would go from good to great. If my BW next door keeps increasing their prices, this may be my new Houston go to. 65/night is an excellent value

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank davissummer24
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The rooms where roomy and the facility was well kept. I did use the workout room and wish the machines were a bit older. I stayed here for a business trip, so I was only in the room to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The hotel was average with the staff stingy in giving stuff like tooth pastes etc. But the rooms were clean, the food facility was not good and the laundry was delayed. The general stay was comfortable over all, except that I had to eat out all the time.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2009

My family, along with some extended family stayed at this hotel for a funeral. Although the circumstances of our stay were very sad, we had a pleasant experience in terms of the accomodations here. Our rooms were on the first floor just off of the lobby, so we were close to the breakfast area and sitting area in the lobby. This was nice because it gave us convienient options for places to relax and talk. The rooms were surprisingly large. The photos I saw online did not do them justice. There was a separate sitting area in the room, with a pull out couch (so, more people coud have stayed in one room than I realized). Also, there was a very convienient, what I'd call "butler's pantry" area that included a microwave, mini fridge, sink, coffee maker and cabinets stocked with paper goods. I did not see a single stain in the entire room or lobby area. Everything was very clean. There were none of the typical annoyances like sinks that don't drain, bad water pressure or broken appliances. I am usually grossed out a bit by hotels, but was not at all by this one. The furniture was mostly modern and the carpeting and tile floors all seemed new. The bed linens were modern, bleach-white. The beds and pillows were comfortable.
Nearby on Westheimer there is an overwhelming number of restaurants to choose from in either direction. The surrounding area was clean. The complimentary hotel breakfast was the standard for Holiday Inn Express, which I have found to be a little better than most. They include eggs, yougurt and fruit instead of the usual carb. load you typically see. They do not have a pool. There is a small workout area and a computer in the lobby sitting area. My cousin was unable to get online for some reason though.
There was one glitch in our stay: the first night there was alot of ruckus above us all through the night that disturbed our sleep. We could hear it from both of our side-by-side rooms. It sounded like unsupervised children jumping from one end of the room to the next...very loud, constant banging. We complained to the manager and staff several times who were apologetic and promised to talk to them. The next morning we were offered a move to a new room. We were afraid talking to them would do no good because it hadn't helped during the night when we complained at 3 am. We liked our room location and didn't want to move. We felt that management should have considered asking the noisly people to move, not us. Fortunatly, the next night was very quiet. We could not hear any highway noise from the room either night, even though the hotel is right beside Beltway 8.
I would recommend this hotel for it's cleanliness, spacious rooms, friendly staff, convienient location with lots of dining options nearby, and it's very decent breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank anyajimt
Reviewed 7 December 2008

The hotel was clean, but our first room had a broken TV that we had to complain about several times. They eventually moved us to a new room. The staff was friendly and apologetic about the switch. If you stay here, be aware that you should not leave anything valuable in your car. Two cars were broken into the morning I left (including mine) in the parking lot at about 8:30 am. I had put a suitcase in the trunk then gone in to get some more stuff and someone was obviously watching - broke out the window and popped the trunk and took the suitcase. The police took a phone statement. Otherwise the hotel is reasonably priced and clean.

Stayed: November 2008