“Excellent rooms and staff!!!”

Clarion Inn & Suites West Chase
Ranked #272 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Excellent rooms and staff!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stayed at Quality Inns before but this one is exceptional, it has rooms that put it at the top of the hotel rooms for Quality Inn's I have stayed at. Spacious, very clean, and very comfortable. It has given me a quiet, place to plan my next days activities and to find a place to have a good nights sleep.

There are restaurants and stores nearby some within walking distance and others within a short drive.

The staff is friendly and helpful and ready to assist without hesitation. I know this because last night I needed a little assistance and the front desk young man came right to my room to help me out. He like the others I have interacted with was courteous and respectful.

I plan on staying here again when in the Houston area. Oh and btw, the price of a room was reasonable.

Thanks for a great week!!

Room Tip: I added room service due to the fact the staff is willing to respond to you needs and willing to mak...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Cd Juarez Chih Mex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I get more than I expect
Excellent room size, good breakfast selection and excellent service from the front desk staff.
I was pleasently surprised with beds that were super comfortable and very clean, The romm was also very clean.
I liked the location, we had every thing near.
In general all the building is ok, you can rest good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was one of the best experiences I had had at a hotel. When I came to check in, there was no one at the front desk. A young gentleman came up behind me asking if I needed help. I explained I was waiting to check in. He said, "I apologize I am out of uniform as I just got off my shift, but I can help you with this seeing our other clerk is I am sure busy with another customer." I have never experienced such willingness to assist, especially when someone is done with their shift. Then I was missing an ice bucket in my room, the clerk at the front desk IMMEDIATELY got me one without question. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to Houston. Awesome training of the staff, makes you feel right at home. Rooms were very clean, the shower was AMAZING!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Overall, disappointed in experience at this hotel.

Pro.
1. Housekeeping did good job of keeping everything clean.
2. Breakfast selection was good, and kept picked up.
3. Room was large.

Con.
1. Location. The noise from the beltway was continuous and loud.
2. Front desk staff can really make a difference -- for good or bad. In the morning, I stopped by front desk to ask about check-out time. Without looking up at me when I appeared at the front desk, the clerk said, "May I help you?" I responded, "What time is regular check-out?" He answered my question again without looking up even once. Although his words were appropriate, the non-verbal message he sent was that his papers were much more important than spending 15 seconds to exchange a couple sentences with a customer who needed some assistance.

I asked about places to eat the evening before checking out. The desk clerk directed me to a specific nearby intersection for Chinese food. I easily found the intersection, but there were no restaurants of any type at that intersection. Nearest food places, in either direction, were a block or more away.

If you decide to stay here, I hope your experience is more positive than mine.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Skippack, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Well I typically don't stay in this brand hotel so I was kind of leery when I got this one from a discount sight. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean, the beds for super comfortable. The hotel even offers a hot breakfast which was surprising good also for the money. If you are staying on business this is a good place to stay. They don't have a pool or anything like that but as a general overall place to rest it was really good.
The negatives are the location is right off the highway, not that you could hear it and no pool

Room Tip: parking fills up in front lot
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
lawrenceville,ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I booked 2 nights here. When I arrived, I realized that they did not have a pool. I should have checked this out prior to booking but I missed it. The location was not really good but I decided to give it a try, as the price was less than $75 per night. I went to dinner and realized that there was a much nicer Comfort Suites within 2 miles. I stayed one night and then moved over to the Comfort Suites. The hotel is older and looks to be remodeled but I did not geel good about the location, as a single woman traveler.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank motherjanegoose
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

We found a $49.00 coupon for this hotel, so we really weren't expecting much. Boy were we wrong! The room was nice and big, the bathroom was very large, the beds were so comfortable and the breakfast was awesome! The front desk staff was really nice. The hotel was clean. Nothing bad I can say about this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family