“customer service NOT good!”

Clarion Inn & Suites West Chase
Ranked #280 of 515 Hotels in Houston
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“customer service NOT good!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Terrible Terrible Terrible people at the front desk. i will never come here again. when we checked in she had a bad attitude from start. then to top it off there was no cold air coming out of the ac. not good

Room Tip: dont stay here u better off at motel 6
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DrDonHarris
Quality Inn S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites West Chase, responded to this review, 8 April 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review your past stay and for bringing your concerns to our attention. I am so sorry your experience was not up to your expectations. We have new staff members and the current hotel staff has been notified of your comments so we can make the necessary corrections moving forward in process we are under going renovations and are expecting to be done by May 2015-Laura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel mainly because its location and the fact that I was unable to find any other hotel. It was during the OTC (Offshore Technology Conference) May 5-8, 2014. Here are the details I like to share with anyone that is considering to stay in this Hotel. Although those who worked at the reception area were quite polite, they could not care less about you or your well being as a guest in the hotel. There were little cockroaches that were easily visible (I killed many of them) in the bathroom, but not in the room, I am only guessing because of the color of the carpet. In the morning after I was getting in the shower I noticed that they had forgotten to leave any Shampoo. I tried to call the phone in the room was out of order, but the one in the bathroom was operational so I was able to call and get shampoo. I usually am reluctant to write reviews unless I am praising good efforts, but the following happened, and made me so angry.
I use a mouth guard that I had paid $600 to get it custom made. I left it in the room by mistake. I realized it when I got home. I called them right away. It was about 7 hours after I had checked out. Cut the story short. They asked me to call three times to talk to manager (Laura) and Supervisor (Kim). Finally on the third day Kim tells me that it was discarded since we did nit know what it was. That made me so angry, I was speechless. I had my FedEx account number ready to give it to them and ask them to mail it to me (even arranging for the pick up).

Room Tip: Avoid this place if you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Shahab_Mohaghegh
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We booked for 2 Guests but there were 3 of us in that room, the size of the cockroach in the bathroom sink was big enough to count as one!! At least we did not find it until morning but I must have walked past it in the dark twice :(

The whole room was not finished well, peeling paint and a little shabby. For $152.329 not a cheap stop over, would not rush back or recommend. Did not eat breakfast in Hotel even if free, went to the IHOP next door instead.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Real good value for money. One of the cheapest option in the region.

Rooms were clear and front desk people was always nice.

The TV and the shower was also ok.

Negative aspects: the breakfest was not ao good, but was for free though.

Also there's no dining services, so no food ordering in your room.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hoffman Estates, IL
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Myself and 2 business collegues checked in several hours later than we'd expected on Feb 23rd. Andrew was at the front desk and made our check in experience, along with another few nights when we walked thru the lobby, very enjoyable.

Andrew is a hard working young man and it's obvious he likes his job, kudo's to him.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dmtwohill
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

this place is no more than a one star. Use trip advisor for my travel guide and usually question the one star ratings, BUT.... carpets are old and worn, furniture... I used a towel to sit on. just for fun I left a wine stain on the counter... 2 days before it was wiped away. Spilled water on the bathroom floor and used the towel to wipe, it come up black. Kept telling myself " whatever, price is reasonable" but last night when the toilet got plugged and was told that they would lend me a plunger so I could fix it, I was done. Check out, never to return to any non-Quality ever.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Our first stop was next door, because it was cheaper by $15. After asking for a refund because the room was unsuitable we were asked to leave and not return. We walked next door and found the Quality Inn, we were expecting the same results, but pleasantly found just the opposite, the rooms were very spacious, clean and the staff was great. suprising what $15 buys. GOOD JOB EMPLOYEES OF QUALITY INN!

Room Tip: We stayed on on the upper floor great views and quiet. Don't stay next door just to save $15
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple