Hotel Derek Houston Galleria
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,359 results
All reviewsgalleria areaboutique hotelthe loopstarbucks coffeevalet servicefree shuttlerevolvescvsconciergerobescouchconferencefreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three times for three nights at a time, and last time was the last! I visit Houston once a year, and have finally taken my business elsewhere and am so glad I did. I would recommend you shop around and try to avoid this place.... the staff seem very "fake" and not genuine in their persona. The restaurant/bar staff are also very false and when I was served I felt like they were reading lines they memorized- not actually caring about if everything WAS ok or not. The rooms are very tired and dated, and not in a pleasant retro way, I mean they are very "old fashioned" and have not been updated since I first went here about 10 years ago! Nothing has changed! Bar area has no dress code requirements, which I found a little off-putting, as there were girls in denim shorts and t-shirt walking in at happy hour.... this would not happen at other establishments. The main reason for my complaints is because the pricing is very, very top dollar! There are so many other great hotels in Houston at this price and offer so much more in every way! If this place were cheaper, I may stay again, but as it is, the place is just overpriced. Breakfast is also ridiculous in price - something like $15 for fruit granola yogurt - seriously?? I could walk down the street to a cafe and get this for $2, not to mention the 20% service charge on top plus the tray service of $2.50 each time... so breakfast for one ends up being over $25 for yogurt and tea.... what a joke. Try including a continental breakfast maybe? It's called GOOD SERVICE - learn about it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Shawn G, General Manager at Hotel Derek Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us from your recent stay. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly, as it is our top priority to exceed your expectations and provide a home-away-from-home whilst you are in Houston.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Went here for a 5 year anniversary "staycation". Hotel was nice upon arrival. Had to wait a few minutes to be checked in. Was on the 14th floor with an east (downtown) view. The view was alright with a lot of construction to view. I paid good money for this "4 star" hotel. I booked online through the hotel website and added champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Got to my room and they weren't there. Had to call the front desk to remind them then it took them an hour to bring them up (total mood killer). Valet parking is $30.00/per night (ridiculous for the average nightly rate for room). I have stayed at the St. Regis before and don't remember paying for valet, just a tip, and there was ice in a bucket for the mini bar when we got to our room at st. Regis.

I did not let these incidents ruin my evening. I brought everything up when I checked out and the girl who checked me out did not care at all or offer anything to try and make me happy.

I would not stay at Hotel Derek again. Plenty of other 4 and 5 star hotels in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Good hotel, friendly staff.
Close the the Galleria mall.
The hotel has a nice and modern feel.

Unfortunately I got a room with a connecting door (which I hate) despite asking in my reservation for a room without one.
Also they only have valet-parking.

Otherwise a great stay at a good price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Greatly appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. We do offer a self-parking along with valet-parking. Come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I really liked the feel of the hotel, staff are friendly, quick check in and out. The cow theme and the art work through out the hotel makes stand out from the competition and gives the hotel a vibrancy that energizes you all be it perhaps on a sub conscious level.
The room was clean and bed comfortable. The shower head leaked a little but that is my only real grumble on the room.
Car parking was a little time consuming, you need to call in advance to ensure you don't have to wait, however they do advise you of this.
Breakfast was good, all though thinly staffed as it was a buffet. Generally a relaxed feel to the hotel.
Well located to walk to several restaurants and shopping in the Gallareia and surrounding strip malls.
Good value

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelleroffortune
Shawn G, General Manager at Hotel Derek Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

We definitely want you to feel like you are part of Texas when visiting Hotel Derek. Glad you had a great time with us. Can’t wait to have you back.

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

After spending 3 nights in Derek hotel last week, I have to admit that I am quite puzzled by some of negative reviews. Because Derek truly is a GREAT hotel, with cool design throughout, excellent service
(the consierge in particular) and that special feeling that you are staying in the most happening place in town. Rooms are very cosy yet stylish. Location is very good - just across the road from huge Galeria shopping mall. Furthermore, within 3 mile radius there are couple of very nice residential areas with excellent shops and restaurants (free hotel shuttle provided). Looking forward to revisit Derek in the near figurevery helpful and that special feeling that you are staying

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for the truly amazing feedback on your recent stay with us at Hotel Derek! Glad that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle - hope you enjoyed the very hip and happening Galleria area. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.