1,574 results
All reviews galleria area cool hotel boutique hotel starbucks coffee valet service business trip revolves cvs concierge robes couch conference freeway
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Hotel Derek is my favorite hotel in Houston! The staff is AMAZING and the rooms are always top notch. I highly recommend their suites they are all different themes. The Mockingbird Suite so far is my favorite!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark N, General Manager at Hotel Derek Houston Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi ruthie F, Hotel Derek loves the 5-star review - and you! We miss you already!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We came here for one night with our two young children to have a fun night away. We live a few hours out of town. We arrived and we were so excited to get such a “cool” hotel online for a good deal. Slowly that excitement turned to dissapointment. Upon arrival it was good, hip and cool lobby. We get to our room which is tiny and old. Even with the cool decor it’s still very old and outdated, popcorn ceilings! We read online the rooms had jacuzzi tubs which sounds awesome for me, nope just an old tub with hair in it! Yuck I’m fairly sure it never got cleaned before us. We upgraded to another room to accommodate us and get a better view to basically be put in the exact same crap for more money. Then we called for extra linens and were told they’ll bring them whenever they can, we waited about an hour and had to ask twice for the correct items from room service who was also rude. We then go down to dinner after looking online at the menu only to be told “that’s old we don’t serve any of that” they serve like 5 items off the in room dining menu. Nothing is updated online, the server even told us it’s been over a year since the restaurant had that. Even the elevators have pics of this food they advertise,but do not serve. Bring your own food and water unless you want to spend $6 on waters alone. And do not bring kids here! We went to the pool after figuring out a quick dinner to be bombarded by the stench of weed in the lobby and pool area. There were people smoking out there with no one stopping them. Mind you we have 2 small children. When we asked for towels we waited for another hour and had to go in and ask 2 more times, the same room service walked out twice without towels. The girl at check in finally got them, then they brought some out. Once the pool closed two men and the room service lady walked out and yelled pool is closed get out, then stood there glaring and telling us hurry up get out. We rushed to drip dry our 2 children while they glared at us and barely got dressed and inside, the whole time they just rushed us and basically pushed us out. All around just rude and sloppy and overpriced. We will never be back, the pics online are all lies. They are way proud of themselves and I’ve stayed at better hotel 6’s for less. If you can stay anywhere else!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ti04fy

ti04fy, thank you for your review. I am sorry that your staycation was not up to par. Please feel free to reach out to me personally to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Having stayed at Hotel Derek and being a local, I have a lot of options when I choose to do a staycation or work related visit. I also have to choose where to suggest and encourage my work affiliations should stay coming from all over the world. I have had several different experiences here. This one has been the absolute best thanks to Dania, who will greet you warmly at the front desk. Not only was she a delight, but she also went above and beyond more than once to make me feel welcome and that my business was important to the hotel! Thank you Dania! We have had the best visit ever. Going the extra mile means more than you know!!!! Her energy is lovely and contagious ! The hotel seems like they recently hired a new staff that is helpful kind and appreciative of their patrons. Be aware that if you go to the bar, it is incredibly overpriced for what they offer which is extremely disheartening. You can go 2 blocks down and pay less at one of the most high end shopping districts in the world. That makes us feel taken advantage of so just want to put that out there. Sometimes the staff doesn’t keep up with simple things like towels at the pool or giving great customer service. It just seems like you always have to ask for things to be done instead of them taking the initiative, however, Dania definitely took the wheel several times for us during our visit and I have to commend her! It’s not just here with the staff, but several hotels nearby in a very high-end area that offers some of the most exclusive and expensive brands in the world. It surprises me that the staff is not up to par with the clientele. I Service the same clientele so therefore I don’t expect anything out of anyone else that I don’t do myself but in Houston Texas where you have all the choices in the world you need to be on point and this girl Dania is awesome! it’s a lovely eclectic hotel. I encourage the management to recognize that presidential customer service is everything these days!!! One person can make or break an experience!!! Thank you Dania! You deserve a Raise!!!!! Xoxo

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Beautyhairess, thank you for your great review! Isn't Dania the best? We miss you already!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

They refer to themselves at the front desk as a boutique hotel early and often, I booked it on Expedia for 93 dollars for a quick getaway. Arrived at the hotel and was charged a $100 deposit that will clear in 3-5 business day (Very old and useless business practice; you will have access to my credit card). Following that I was told I would be charged a $15 hotel services fee, when asked the gentleman at the desk told me a list of amenities that probably 95% of the other hotels in the area have (shuttle service within 3 miles of property, pool, workout room, etc.). Once I got to the room that I was eagerly anticipating after hearing how amazing they were and how I needed to continue to pay after booking “Displeased” is the best I can come up with. The bathroom was a wreck, my wife had to clean it to make it look decent, the tub was leaking and old, the shower head was broken I had to tighten it for it to work properly, the bed was uncomfortable to say the least, old popcorn ceilings and you could not even get a water for under $4! The place loves themselves but they haven’t put anything back into this property that matches the pride and arrogance of the staff. I think this place deserves a much needed downgrade on stars and they need to spend some money to match the confidence and arrogance to the stars.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Yeadaddy61

Yeadaddy61, thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me personally to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Derek for 4 nights during my niece’s wedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk attendant Taylor Brown was particularly invaluable...Rockstar!!! We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: March 2018

Hi Bola s, thank you for the great review!