“The good and bad”

Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #224 of 517 Hotels in Houston
“The good and bad”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I've had to stay here w my family upon relocating. Yes the carpet and wallpaper in the halls is tacky needs to desperately be renovated. The housekeeping staff is nice and helpful. A few front desk employees stand out such as Jessica L. Who works with you is courteous understanding and has great customer service. Most of the other front desk are texting or surfing the internet and don't greet you. Jessica talks to you like an old friend. Unfortunately management is not great. The manager is not compassionate when helping with billing issues or concerns. Refuses to apologize for misunderstandings. I do recommend the hotel though based on price and staff just don't expect empathy from management.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I came into town at the last minute and at this hotel. It was a very pleasant stay and the front desk clerk was extremely nice and professional. If I had to stay in that area again,I would definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 29 November 2011

First of all at check in I was given a room that I did not reserve. Front desk tried to help the best they could. Then told me I would get the correct room the next day. Slept in the first room given, it was okay. Floor very dirty and it did not come with micro-frige that I was suppose to have. Hallways very dirty. Only ice machine working is in lobby. Lobby was dirty. Stair ways dirty as well. Second day of stay I was transferred to the room I requested, but it still did not have the micro-frige, they had to bring it from another room. The second room had roaches. Scared to go to sleep and have my luggage. There was a bad smell in second room and a bulb was blowed. I was very disatisfied and don't plan on coming back to this location. The manager was unfriendly as well. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They need to spray for the roaches, clean carpets, fix holes in walls, paint, deep cleaning. Some care needs to be put into this place. No one seems to care. Not impressed.

Room Tip: Make sure to read reviews and see the rating on the hotels you plan on staying at. Sometimes guest d...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Location location location very good. Nice service. Cannot beat the price.

• Stayed September 2011
Indianapolis
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We were in town for dog show and stayed here. After some of the reviews on here, I was concerned, but a friend had stayed here 2 years ago and said it was good. I explained at check in that I was concerned and they assured me that my room would be a clean room. We go to the room, it is older and dated, but do-able. Later that evening, we spot cockroaches on the ceiling and on the dresser. I FREAKED OUT! I go to the front desk and they offer to move me 3 doors down. They apologize & send me on my way. I inquire about the cockroaches being in there (knowing how they travel) I am assured that there won't be any. The next night, we kill 2 more roaches. They can also be seen in the light fixture in the bathroom. DISGUSTING! We travel all the time for dog shows and we always stay at budget hotels. NEVER have I had to deal with roaches!!!

I went down to front desk to get towels and there was a lady whispering to the clerk that she needed to change rooms. I pulled her aside afterwards and she told me that she had roaches as well. We were on the lower level and she was on an upper level. So it wasn't just our rooms.

also, the service is not the best. We had a couple of great clerks, but one morning I asked if the water in the pot was hot so I could make tea. I was told that it was. Pumped the water into my cup....it was room temp (maybe even cooler). clerk acted like it was no big deal.

BEWARE!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hjones47
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Red Roof offers the absolute best quality for the money anywhere. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. No other hotel chain equals this perfect combination of quality and economy all in one package.

Room Tip: Standard King is great. But if more space is needed, especially to spread business docs, then the Bu...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My kids, my dog and myself stayed here while my husband was at a meeting. Felt very dirty and old and it's not in the nicest neighborhood. I must say, there are places to eat near by so that was a plus! My husband walks in after his and says, hey I was thinking about staying the night and I said no way. So we basically stayed for 4 hours. There was no way I wanted to stay any longer than I had to.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business