“Good Enough!”

Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow
Ranked #216 of 506 Hotels in Houston
“Good Enough!”
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night while in Houston on business and it was just find. $45.99 plus tax for clean, fresh smelling quite room on third floor. King room was larger than usual with huge desk and work area. Micro, fridge and coffee maker all in working order. Quick and easy check in. Within easy walking distance of Pappas BBQ; great place to eat.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank harryscards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Clean, new rooms, friendly staff, price is right. Rate A plus. They have been working on this hotel for a few months now and it looks great. I have to work in houston once a month and I am so glad I found the red roof inn on northwest freeway. The best deal in houston.

• Stayed November 2012
Louisiana
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Hotel undergoing renovation. We were skeptical upon exiting the elevator on third floor where our room was. It looked like a tornado had been thru with boxes of tiles and other materials on the landing. The elevator itself smelled of chemical and the whole floor smelled of paint. I guess you should expect it since there were several rooms being renovated on that floor. We were surprised upon entering our room. It had been freshly painted and the bathroom had been renovated. Same old carpet though. Overall we were satisfied - there was a fridge, a mw, complimentary coffee, internet service in the room. No breakfast served but the Denny's across the freeway was available. It fit our need and we think it is decent value for the money - we spent only one night enroute to our final destination.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Vinny P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Dear Red Roof Inn Guest,

Thank you for the review and please accept my sincerest apology for the rooms and hallway smell, we have just took over the property and we are doing complete renovation to the property as you have stated on your review, we will change the carpet after the paint will get done and after the room renovation we are going to do the renovation on the front desk and lobby area and we will have the breakfast lounge in the future.

I sincerely appreciate the time you took to write the review and in the future if you are in the area please give us the another chance to show you the quality and service provide to all our guests.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 September 2012

You get what you pay for - - but I do recommend checking out the room before moving in with luggage. I checked a couple before choosing - - and got what I bargained for. There were problems with the limited ice machine, where I had to wait for it to ker-chunk out some more ice. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it took up my time waiting. The location was good for what I needed to do.

In Houston - - avoid toll roads that don't accept cash. Some accept toll tags only (forget that your dollar bill says it's good for all debts, public and private, etc.).

Room Tip: I do recommend checking out the room before moving in with luggage.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear Red Roof inn Guest,

Thank you for your precious time for writing the review and please accept my sincerest apology for the ice machine as we have just took over the place we were dealing with some issues back then for the guest service we have installed the two new ice machines at the property, and we are right now in process of the doing renovation at the property and there will be lots of changes in the room also now we have brand new microwave and refrierator in all our rooms.

once again thank you for the review and i hope you accept my apology and will visit us again to see the changes i have implemented.
houston
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I mean really people...its the Red Roof Inn!! What are you expecting? I believe some thought they'd receive treatment as though theywere at the Waldorf Astoria!?!?!? Quite frankly, after reading these reviews, I expected a wretched night of gun shooting, flying roaches and stained sheets, only to walk out to a window shattered and broken into vehicle. To the contrary, it was average. No bugs, no stains, no loud suspicious sounds, no vehicle vandalism, no crime (that I'm aware of). The carpets certainly could have been vacuumed and shampooed better and the fridge never adequately cooled enough for my taste, but I didn't go to the Red Rood intending to vacation for a week with my family and pets. This is no luxurious retreat, but its not the "bates motel" either. Cheap price, quiet get a way, private, clean enough...works for me!

Room Tip: I chose the second or third floors because you can enter into the rooms from the inside.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Red Roof inn Guest,

Thank you for your precious time to write the review, and please accept my apolgy for the carpet as i have mentioned in other reviews i just took over the property as new management and we are doing complete renovation to all the rooms and lobby and all the carpets will be replace with the new vinyl floor and carpet tile and in all the rooms we have new microfridges.

once again thank you for the review and i hope you accept my apology and will visit again to see the changes i have implemented.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I was there a total of 3 nights (I should have never sayed passed the first). When I walked into my room there it was horrable there was refrigerator just sittingn the room next to bed, no place for it so they just stuck it any where. Then when I asked where my microwave was they brought me another refrigerator (smaller) with one stuck to the top of it.
First night I was there they had to move me because the phone in the room did not work.The second night I was asked to move again, they had to move me a third time due to work being done in the motel. Floors, Bathtub yuck and fleas, elevetor was a mess.
Almost every time I went past the front desk they would ask me what room I was in... They could not keep up with where they had put people, the reason I know is because I got a 5:45am wake up call I did not ask for.
The people that worked there were without personality, the only one I felt had any was Lawrance who I believe only worked weekend nights.

I'm sorry but very bad experience will not go back

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Houston hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This property is not in a good location to stay from a safety perspective. I travel 20+ weeks a year so I see my fair share of hotels. I rarely write a review of a property that I stay at but this one I feel was worth commenting on.

The front desk personnel were very nice and provided me with a ground floor room which I thought would be great since I would not have to drag my luggage up to another floor.

The minute I checked into my room I thought maybe I should go somewhere else. The room was terrible. It had dirty carpets, stains on the walls, and beat up furniture. It was just a filthy room. There was a "punch hole" in the bathroom door.

My company prepaid the room so I decided to stay. To add to the amenenties the room next door to me must have been selling drugs as they had several visitors throughout the night. One of deals must have went bad as the person staying in the room next door sent his dog out to take care of the bad deal.

What a bad night from any and every aspect.

Do not stay here for your own good and safety.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business