“Clean, friendly, quiet, basic accommodations”

Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint
Ranked #217 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 11 January 2013

While on a business trip, I spent four nights here. Originally tempted by a suprisingly low rate ($79 a night), I was initially concerned when I read some of the negative reviews here. All in all I was very pleased.

The rooms are your basic Residence Inn quality. More suites than rooms. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Indeed, when I initially checked in I wanted to extend my stay by one night. Doing so online lost my initial low-cost rate. But the front desk staff kept that rate in tact, even applied a weekend rate to the final night.

Two other comments. First, with all the construction going on, it's easy to miss the Residence Inn. Look for it's Marriott sister--a Courtyard--right next door. Second, there is very little in the way of worthwhile eateries nearby. Ask the desk staff for a map of local places to eat in the Greenspoint area. Otherwise, you might never find them out.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the end of the hallway. That limits "traffic" noise of families with kid...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stayed here alone on business. I choose this hotel as it was priced right and has a hotel shuttle. I dont usually stay at the extended stay, or residence type places as I always feel like they are the type of things your insurance company sends you to live in when your house burns down. This one however, was surprisingly good. Very clean, exceptional staff - professional and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The rooms are very large with full living area and kitchens. The breakfast was really good as I was expecting a basic American style hotel breakfast - there were many choices, hot and cold - it was also included in the price so bonus. The lounge area in this hotel is also very comfortable, the breakfast bar is located here as well. The hotel shuttle was quick and the driver remembered my name the next day! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway side of the hotel - the freeway is noisy and the windows in my...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We always enjoy booking in a suite-type hotel and this was our first time staying at a Residence Inn by Marriott. Upon our arrival, the front desk attendant, Ashley Adio, was an absolute delight and was so attentive to our needs. Our room was extremely comfortable -- the pool, hot tub and exercise room were also great to use -- love the 24hr. availability. It was so nice to start our day with such an awesome breakfast -- so many delicious selections. We appreciated the hospitality of the hotel staff and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will surely look for Residence Inns for our future travels.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We four senior citizens had reservations guaranteed by credit card for a two bedroom suite.
Called the hotel 45 minutes before arriving and were told, for the first time, that they were overbooked and our two room suite was not available.
They put us up in a motel with lumpy beds.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George60956
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have stayed here for around 6 months last year (Jan'11 - Jul'11) for a business purpose. From the beginning, I already love the place. Staffs has good service, and very friendly. The receptionists, Mr Abraham Varghese and Samantha are one of the best and always gave us warm greeting and such a hospitality that I will always felt this place as a home. There are also the manager lady, other receptionist lady, night receptionist guy, and the lady who always there preparing breakfast, sorry I forgot their names its been almost a year ago, but they're all be very friendly and hospitable. Always there to help you.

Stayed here due to company training program and the place is just couple blocks away. From the day 1, I was issued Marriott Rewards card. When check out I got Platinum status \:D/. I have since using it for free nights on Marriott hotels around the world.

Pros;
- Room/suit is big. We stayed in a 1 bed room suite. Fridge is big, microwave and kitchenette stuff is complete. Dishwasher is there. Everything is almost perfect. 2 TVs, 1 in living room and 1 in bedroom. You got iron and table, decent bath room which hot water always working. They clean your room everyday.
- Nice Patio off the lobby. Always came here with friends and have nice shisha time.
- Indoor (small) pool, perfect for chill out. But probably more suitable for kids.
- Big parking lot
- Free transfer to Houston Int'l Airport
- Wireless internet seems worked everywhere and of great quality.
- Gym is small but OK
- Eating places nearby is a lot: Popeyes & McD is just one block away. You got church's chicken on your left and also some other places nearby.
- near to Walmart, Fry's, Sport store (Academy), just 3-5 mins drive.
- Free news paper USA today on the lobby.
- Lobby is great
- Minibar-like corner near 24 hr coffee tables at lobby is great.
- 2 desktop PC with internet and laser printer. Convenient to get your stuff printed here (free!).
- Free breakfast is OK. For 1-2 weeks, but if you stayed here for more than a month you might get bored. But it is liveable :D and free
- There's storage room if you plan to go somewhere and come back later to hotel.

Cons;
- Near to greenspoint mall, they got some more food stall to choose from including chinese food. The mall. I've heard this area is fairly dangerous but as long as we kept vigilant and mindful of what we're doing, use common sense, is should be OK. It has police office at the mall and also some army/navy recruiting office so I felt a bit safe. I've never have any problem going to this mall, shoes is fairly cheap here and also came here for foods.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ravvlivius
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Location is 15 minutes from the airport. It is right off the highway. East to find and easy to get to. Rooms were nice and clean.

Pool is broken. Notice on the door said it would be fixed on a date that was already two days past. Sucked for us as we had kids that were hyped up about the indoor pool. No adjustment to the full rate I paid for the room via marriott.com. Staff told us to go to the pool next door. Yah right, in December you want to me place soggy, wet kids outside.

Breakfast service had a waffle maker with no non-stick spray... disaster ensued... So the nice lady took the waffle maker away.... Sweet.

I've been a big fan of Residence Inn, but this one's got me all bitter and sour. I should have gotten better for ~170 per night per room. When I go to Houston next month, I'll be avoiding this one at all costs.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel. Seriously.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sixspeedtrick
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This hotel, and I do use the term in its broadest sense possible here, is just not worth it. It is located at an area called Greenspoint, but the locals only refer to it as "Gunspoint". Even the receptionist said one shouldn´t be taking walks outside here.....

Supposedly a non-smoking hotel, the rooms are not, or at least the ones I have stayed in. The stink of cigarette smoke is evident for any non-smoker and it doesn´t matter how many times they may have "cleaned" the room, it still stinks. And the construction company who built this hotel obviously didn´t have in mind the fact that guests like to sleep through the night without hearing, very clearly, the neighbours on all sides, up and down. Because the walls are so thin you will have no problem in hearing when your neighbour is at the toilet, in the shower or talking on the phone. And if you turn the aircondition off to try to avoid the noise, rest assured that your neighbours airconditions steady hum will resonate through to your room.

Breakfast is the usual unhealthy food. If your used to european breakfast you will be highly disappointed. Everything is mass produced and is definately not made by any chefs.
Buy/make your own breakfast instead.

There is also on days monday thru wednesday the possibility of eating dinner at the premises but this also is of the unhealthy kind and mass produced.

There is a tiny gym with two treadmills and an elliptical. And there is a very small pool as well, not for taking in a few laps if that´s your fancy.

You have wifi here but it is exeptionally slow. And it falls out from time to time.

Probably the only positive thing about this hotel is the staff who are friendly and service minded.

So to sum up - please, please, please spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tvergastein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
TownePlace Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Staybridge Suites Houston IAH - Beltway 8
Holiday Inn Houston NE - Bush Airport Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
Courtyard Houston North
Courtyard Houston North
#212 of 518 in Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush Intl Airport E

Been to Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint

Address: 655 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, TX 77060-5901
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Ranked #217 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: £81 - £125 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint 3*
Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport Hotel at Greenspoint outclasses other north Houston hotels by offering our guests the true home-away-from-home experience. Location is key. We're located just 5 miles from the George Bush Airport and offer fast and free airport shuttle service. The Residence Inn Suites Hotel in Houston at Greenpoint also sits near a variety of exciting activities including Splash Town Park and the Houston Zoo. When you're ready to unwind, our 50% larger Houston hotel suites welcome you with all the comforts of home: full kitchen, separate living area, deluxe bedding and a work area with free Wi-Fi. As the premier choice of Houston Intercontinental Airport hotels for extended-stays, we offer more value every day. Enjoy free breakfast daily, Evening RI Mix (M-W) , an indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center and SportCourt(R). Make Residence Inn your choice among extended-stay suites in Houston for apartment-style living and a warm, homelike environment. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport at Greenspoint reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Houston