“Close to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo”

Quality Inn & Suites Reliant Park/Medical Center
Ranked #376 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had four rooms for three nights during the Livestock Show and Rodeo. This hotel is very close to all the activities but too far to walk and the shuttle doesnt take you to that area.They also rent out parking for the Show which makes it hard for the Hotel guest to find parking places. This is a very old hotel in need of updates.Our stay wasnt bad but we spent most of our time away from the rooms. Pool and Hot tub were very dirty but again it was March. I think we would stay here again next year just because of the location but for the price we paid we might try the one next door which looks so much nicer.

Room Tip: if you can get a room in the main building its much closer and i felt it was a little nicer than the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mary s

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Hair on towels, bathroom was just wiped down obviously, I didn't walk on the floor in my bare feet. Breakfast was crowded, and missing many items. Beds were comfortable and check-in and out weren't a problem. We did leave a day early due to the quality.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Don't make any reservations at this hotel unless you know for sure you will be staying. They require a minimum 10 day notification to cancel a reservation. If you do not cancel before the 10 days out you will be charged one night stay. I would rather pay my bank a small fee instead of paying $150 for a room I'm not staying in. This place sucks. I will not at any time in the future make another reservation at his hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We spent one night before the appointment at M D Anderson hospital. The room was spacious, bath room was nice, very clean, beds comfortable. Flat sceen TV, micro/fridge. Breakfast adequate, rolls, waffles, , toast, boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, apple and orange juice, etc. The hospital was very east to get to. When leaving the motel, one must turn right since it's on the feeder road of Loop 610, go to Hearth St., right on it to next street. Turn right and go to Kirby. Left on Kirby to Old Spanish Trail, right to Fannin, left on Fannin to Holcombe, right on Holcombe, continue to MD Anderson St., left turn into parking garage. Hope this review helps someone else ...

Room Tip: Motel divided into 3 sections. Room was a bit difficult to find until we located the right section...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Cookie C
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and our stay was beyond AWFUL!!!

First we were assigned to Room 206. I've attached a picture of the showerhead in that room. It's beyond gross!!! Plus the room just had a funny smell to it.

After several attempts we were finally moved to another room - #152. We had to leave immediately afterwards for a prior engagement and when we returned neither of the door keys would work. We walked all the way back to the front desk, had them rescanned and walked all the way back to the room. Guess what??!!?? They still didn't work!!!

While I was trying the second set of keys the lady across the hallway opened her door and noticing my troubles asked if we had been give that room too. When I asked what she meant by "too" she said that they had given that room to someone in her group but upon opening the door they saw a bunch of luggage in the room and closed the door. I told her that was my luggage and I appreciated her telling me this.

Needless to say by the time I got back to the front desk AGAIN with my non-working keys I was beyond pissed. The desk clerk looked at me like I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about. He offered to move us AGAIN but by that time we were tired and just wanted to go to sleep.

The rooms at this hotel are old and dated. The bathroom fixtures are horrible and it took a good five minutes for us to get hot water in the bathroom sink. Overall it was a horrible experience and I will never stay at this hotel again and I would definitely never recommend it to anyone!!

I gave it a rating of one only because I can't give a negative number!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SmartTraveler40
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Been staying here for many years.

Internet quit working early Thursday afternoon, and I needed it for business. Lost an entire day of productivity. Called multiple times, even to the provider tech guy. They could never restore it.

Okay. My day/evening is ruined. I'll just watch TV. I never watch TV in hotels rooms unless there's a football game on. I find TV to be a waste of time. So I push the red button, and the screen displays 'no signal.' I called, the guy came up to my room and loked at the TV, but could not fix it.

I explained all my frustrations, in a nice way, when I checked out. I asked for an adjustment to my bill. The gal told me I would have to talk to the manager. This was unacceptable; the adjustment should have been applied on the spot. I've encountered this type of situation before in other hotels, and the front desk agent has always made the adjustment.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank 1twangster
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I have been traveling to MD Anderson as a patient for 7 years now. I will say that Quality Inn Suites Reliant/Medical Center is my most favorite !!!! The staff, especially the manager, Kamil, goes out of their way to accommodate their customers. They took care of us!!! I have stayed here a few times. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, they have excellent shuttle service and always a smile !!!! This will be my new home away from home. GOD BLESS... Thank you QIS staff.. K. Morgan

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends