Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston North Intercontinental
Ranked #227 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Duncan, OK
“Clean and convenient”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. The hotel was clean, the room was quiet, and the breakfast was good. The large, flat-screen television had a good selection of channels to watch, and the wireless internet connection was fast. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dallas
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed here two nights on business. Hotel and rooms were clean and breakfast was very good. Rooms were quiet, with little or no hall noise. Bed was very comfortable. Large flat panel tv with directv service. Internet was free and fast. A good choice for the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
The Colony, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The lobby and breakfast area are updated very nicely, although most of the tall tables are lopsided and lean horribly. I arrived after dark and was glad I ate closer to Houston, your choices nearby are limited to Whataburger, Jack in the Box and Cracker Barrel.

The room was large, but it was a handicap room. It looked like they had tried to do some updates, but hadn't taken the time or the money to make them look the best they could. The painting seemed fairly new but hadn't been done with much attention to detail. The furnishings seemed like a mixture of new and old. The tv in the room was a very nice flat screen though and it did have a small microwave and fridge. The bed had a mattress protector on it that made you feel like you were sleeping on a plastic sheet, and it sounded that way when you crawled into bed, too. The pillows were old and very lumpy. I couldn't tell a difference between the supposedly soft and firm pillows.

I turned the old wall style air conditioner on in the room but it never cooled off. The ceiling fan made lots of noise and the was a high pitched buzzing from the air conditioner that made me think it wasn't in working condition.

The biggest dissapointment for me was the shower. After a long day of traveling I just wanted a decent shower. The water pressure was completely non-existent and trickled out at best.

I would stay for a night, but for $135 it was not worth the price. This was definitely more like a $85 a night hotel at best.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hunting_chica
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston North Intercontinental, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear hunting_chica,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast and our lobby.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding room amenities and air conditioning. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare
Aliso Viejo, Ca.
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

This HI Express is located in a scetchy area with a gated parking area that requires your room key to access after dark. My room (104l was very worn and just looked dirty. The bed was comfortable and sheets were clean. There is a very nice flat screen TV, so that is a plus.

All in all, this would be as good $60-$75 hotel, but falls short of the Holiday Inn brand.

Also, HI Inn express all offer breakfast with the stay so I'm not clear how this is a special offer for this location.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank DUpton
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston North Intercontinental, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Dear DUpton,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare
Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Chose this because the location was convenient for a colleague picking up the next day. But don't advertise as an airport hotel with shuttle if you are going to severely limit that service. My flight in was late, arrived at Bush at 10:30 pm. Called and was told their shuttle stops at 10pm. No apology, no suggestion of getting a cab, just "The shuttle runs 6am-10pm ." My cab ride cost me $40, and the hours weren't posted on their website. Starting at 6am for a major metro airport is not acceptable either, as you couldn't make an early flight. I checked in and room is ok, but a bit shabby and worn, especially the door and trim in the bathroom. No shampoo so I had to call down to have someone bring it up, and there was a long blonde hair in the sink (definitely not mine!!) I would find another option if you need to be near the airport and expect free shuttle service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston North Intercontinental, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear businesstrav1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am pleased that you found our location convenient. However, please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments about the operating hours of our complimentary airport shuttle will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to be taken into consideration for future upgrades. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
IHG Care
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This place seemed pretty new. We could still smell paint in the room. The beds were very comfortable and there was a wood floor, nice tv, and a fridge and microwave. Great breakfast. My kids loved the pancake machine. Loved the chocolate chip cookies in the lobby in the evening. It was large enough for my family of 5. Of course the sofa bed was as comfortable as all sofa beds, but at least they have it. What was nice was that there was extra space (probably at least 6 feet between the base of the bed and the tv). Also it shared a parking lot with Whataburger, Cracker Barrel and Jack in the Box. Directly next to the highway (45). Things that weren't so great was a bathroom door that wouldn't close, my daughter slipped in the shower and fell (so be careful), and the hot tub wasn't hot. The swimming pool was actually warmer. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family