“Trying Harder and It Shows!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #255 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Seattle, Washington
“Trying Harder and It Shows!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Reviews of this hotel were mixed when I made reservation but the hotel was located where I wanted to be and it had good brand recognition. Under new management with highly motivated and professional staff. Maintenance crews working full time, property is clean and well maintained. Ask for the 4th floor which has been recently updated and is greatly improved, however we had two rooms on the 2d floor that were clean and pleasant, everything worked very well. Comfortable beds, good toiletries (very good) 32" flat panel with good channel coverage. Internet works well/fast (wireless). Best breakfast in this class hotel I have seen (I travel frequently). Weather turned bad but pool area is spotless and pool is ready to go. KFC, JackintheBox and Dennys within 150 yards of front door. Good location just south of Houston Galeria.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it. We especially thank you for acknowleging our striving to improve our guest's experience. We hope you stay with us the next time you are in Houston. We are confident you will enjoy the property upgrades and our welcoming atmosphere.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This is a great hotel, nice clean rooms, the BEST free hotel breakfast, and the staff really seems to want perfection.
The only issue I've had is the house keeper does a good job on the room but wont leave me any coffee, the rest of the staff makes up fo it though.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you so much for the great review Mr. Ware! We enjoyed being your "home away from home."
Prarieville
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Very Loud road noise next to I-59!!! Room was ok but would not stay here again. Staff at front desk were nice and friendly. Do not what else to say but have to keep writing for review, need to change reviews to less than 200 characters. I have said enough, thanks!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Billy A
Thank you so much Billy for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I am happy to know my staff friendly and provided good service, however I regret you will not be returning due to the noise level of the highway.

I will be using this review to make some additions to the amenities we provide to our guests to ensure they have a better sleep experience.

Thanks again for your review,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I had multiple problems in my two night stay. After the first two at check in (card key did not work after two replacements), the manager moved my room and had staff specially help me. That night, I got a letter of apology with a statement they would take $25 off my bill for my inconvenience. Wow! I was impressed. BUT that night my toiler did not flush, next night as well ... No clog, handle just "froze". However, when I called, prompt repair (both times!).

When I got my bill under the door, no $25 discount. Took 3 tries to get the discount!

Rooms are clean (watch those toilets tho!) and adequate. Workout room was small, but fine. However, shower in room had multiple problems (one day no hot water for 10 minutes;another, shower would only come on half way). In sum, the manager seems very good, staff was friendly, but infrastructure (toilets, showers, card keys, etc.) are somewhat problematic.

I would stay here again due to a location that's good for me and a staff that tries.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank StorGor
Thank you so much for your feedback! All of your comments are helping us make our guest experience better.

Since your stay, we have taken more preventative maintenance measures to improve the quality of the guest rooms and bathrooms. We have also upgraded our key system and our locks. We are also making other upgrades to provide "Perfect 10" service to all of our guests.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Grapeland, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Spent one night here in February. This hotel is run down and suffering from heavy wear. It's very busy due to the location of I-59 and Hillcroft.
It was easy to go places from here. Not enough light in our room. We had one king size bed, a microwave and sink and fridge. Front desk was helpful and friendly. Housekeeping and maintenance were helpful after I notified the desk of the mouse feces and urine stain in my bed & the loose toilet seat. I had taken a shower at night, put on my pajamas and slept in the bed. When I got up in the morning there were several pieces of mouse feces and a urine stain. I was utterly shocked at the filth. They took 1/8 of our bill off after this incident. The lady handling the breakfast area took 15 minutes to replenish the hardboiled eggs after I told her that there were no hardboiled eggs in the fridge.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sharon G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Sharon G,

Thank you for your stay and leaving our property a review. It is pleasing to know that you found our location to be convenient for your needs and you found our reception staff to be friendly. However, I sincerely regret that your stay was negatively affected by the cleanliness levels on site. Your review will be used to consider upgrades needed in our facility.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I regret that this situation impacted your visit with us.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Houston hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Picked for the chains reputation and Priority club status. Not a great neighborhood, and hotel is in need of an upgrade. Not enough outlets in room for something as basic as cell phone on night stand without unplugging lights and/or alarm clock. Water was not hot enough, and took awhile to get above just warm. Saving grace for this location is the friendly staff, especially at check in. Breakfast is consistant with other Express locations.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so proud to know my staff was friendly and provided great service.

I am also proud to inform you that we have made several upgrades to our property since your stay, and we are so excited! Hopefully you will come back to Houston and stay with us. You'll be able to experience a great stay at our hotel.

Thanks again for your review,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Easy access to the freeway and several restaurants in the area, room was clean and so was the hotel, the parking was free, Friendly staff, good breakfast. even though this hotel supposedly smoke free i still smelled cigarette smoke in the hallways, and the Ice machine is missing on the 5th floor.

Room Tip: the further back the less freeway noise