“Convenient to the Medical Center”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Ranked #368 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Ardmore, Oklahoma
“Convenient to the Medical Center”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 weeks while my husband had surgery. It is convenient, economical, functional and pretty clean. Having said this, we didn't feel like it lived up to it's "home away from home" moniker. The breakfast is VERY nominal, beds were not comfortable, the sheets didn't fit well in our queen room and there are no mattress pads on the beds. We had a couple of issues in the kitchen (dishwasher didn't work, light out on vent-a-hood, scorched pans), which were never fixed. But it allowed me to walk to the hospital and not have to deal with parking and it was a lot cheaper than Hampton Inn, our go-to hotel, and we didn't have to eat out every meal. If you don't plan to use the kitchen, a lot of these issues won't be a problem for you. The staff was very friendly and helpful, which was very nice. We were told they are planning to remodel the property, which needs to be done.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kayvj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dauphin Island, Alabama
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have been staying at this hotel since October 2011. With each return visit to MD Anderson every six months I have seen a great improvement with this hotel property. The staff is helpful. The beds have been replaced. The air quality and smells have improved with new air conditioners and cleanliness has improved. The shuttle bus is a great way to get to my medical appointments. My only disappointment is the breakfast has changed to "On the go", no more waffles.
For the price and location, its a great place!

Room Tip: Ask for a king or double room with a recliner, you have a little more space to move around in if you...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We have been staying at this hotel since Dec 2011 (This stay was over 5.5 months long due to my wife being treated at MDA.). Follow-up exams require us to return every 3-4 months. Each time we have been here, there has always been a cordial, helpful reception at the front desk. They have done many upgrades since we have been coming here.

DeShonna was very helpful and accommodating upon our arrival, Sept 15, 2013. She goes the 'extra mile' with each of the guests upon arrival.

Job well done for DeShonna and Leti.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that Leti and Deshonna were of great help. Thank you again for your kind words.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I travel to MDAnderson hospital several times a year and stay at the Estended Stay America - Braeswood location. In the past I've mainly stayed there because the price was reasonable - the condition of the hotel was not that good. However, this time I was pleasantly surprised - they've done a renovation of the hotel (appears to be under new management) with the following results: (1) lighting is much better in the room; (2) the beds are comfortable and (3) they've made the WIFI free (used to be a charge). Still have some cleaning issues (the dishes in my dishwasher were not clean when I checked in) but overall I would recommend this as a good choice for folks needing close access (you can walk) to MDAnderson and the Medical District. There is also a shuttle from the hotel to the various medical buildings.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the 3rd floor (there's a handy elevator). When on the lower floors yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
TX
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I will not return....hallway on the second floor smelled of "bathroom" doers the whole time. The coffee was always out in the morning, in the breakfast room....never did find any coffee or tea available. The rooms themselves were as billed. The internet was a problem, and several times required me to watch a Capital One video, before it would let me use the internet. I had to sign on, virtually every time I used it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had made a reservation for 3 days, a month in advance. I was taking the bar exam at Reliant. I had planned to check in at the posted time of 3:00 to have the evening to study. The test was 3 days and was to begin the next morning at 8:00 am. They called me at 1:00 on the day of my check-in to inform me that they would not honor my confirmed and paid for reservation. They gave me the name of another hotel. The other hotel was full. That was their extent of help. I spent my evening study time desperately searching the web for an available room. I ended up staying in a one star hotel, since it was the only thing available.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. They do not honor confirmed reservations.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank strivingtorelax
Lakemoor, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Staying her because my sister in law is having surgery. We were not from houston so did not know where to stay. The hotel is old and outdated the service is decent the hotel definetely need to be updated over all it's ok but most likely wouldn't stay her again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janel J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.

In response to your feedback, we are being remodeled in the very near future. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

Please feel free to contact me directly at, HMR@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Medical Center
Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd

Property: Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Address: 1301 Braeswood Blvd, Houston, TX 77030-4601 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd.)
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #368 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Houston-Medical Center Braeswood Hotel Houston