“Dirty, terrible service, and overcharged me”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Ranked #372 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The rooms were not well-cleaned. The linens were old. The staff was unresponsive to all calls. They overcharged my credit card, and lied to me when I called back. This hotel was a terrible choice for our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank oaty77

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Although I had a late arrival no one was available to check me in to the hotel. The laundry lady checked me in and gave a room keys to a dirty room where the bed wasn't made and stuff where on the counters. I felt very unsafe on the hotel campus. Online pictures show the rooms are only accessed inside but the opposite at this location. Finally got my room key card to a new room, but wasn't able to access my room without the laundry lady. Forced to stay in my room because she wasn't able to get my room key card to work after multiple tries. Wasn't able to check out and get a receipt because only the laundry lady was available even though office hours had begun. Overall horrible experience and would never return!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Clarice B
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was shocked that they even let anyone stay at the room I stayed at. The floor was dirty, the door chain was broken. And the worse of all, there was a hole in the bathroom wall. I stayed only one night and after a long day, I just close my eyes and sleep through the night.

Drove to Arlington the next day and realize I've left my laptop charger in the room. So I called to the hotel and no one was able to help me. At last, someone said will tell the manager to mail it out to me but until today, which is over a month ago, still see no sign of it.

Overall, bad hotel and bad service. I've always stay at Extended Stay and never have a problem. Hope this was the first and the last.

Room Tip: After this bad experience. Now before I unload my suitcase I will go check in and then do a walk thr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tiffany T
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Like many, my wife and I were in Houston for appointments at M D Anderson. We booked something close and got a wonderful surprise. Had never stayed in an Extended Stay and reading the somewhat luke warm reviews I was a little worried. Wrong. This hotel is putting great effort in upgrading. The rooms were clean roomy and quite sound proof. The staff was most willing to help in anyway. They extended my stay by two days when the hospital held us over and refunded me a day when the hospital released us early. It was well after check out time and they allowed us to leave and gladly refunded that nights charge. If you are looking for the Ritz and many of the reviewers clearly are go and pay the extra money and stay somewhere else but if you want the best value I have experienced in a while have no fear of Extended Stay America. The shuttle ran exactly on time and like most we had our favorite desk clerk our was Barbara

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My Hubby and I stayed here last weekend. Tiffany at the front desk was awesome and so nice! She even gave me some of her own cough drops because I had a cough. The rooms are newly redecorated and very tasteful. The only negatives were no toilet paper in the room but Tiffany quickly saw to that. And the room at too much air freshener smell but all in all we thought the place was great! We would definitely stay there again. Good location and price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Hotel did not have the Double Bed room I had Reserved. They accommodated us with the "Managers Apartment" but still did not accommodate 4 people. One of us ended up sleeping on the floor. It took an hour and a half to check us in. While we were waiting to get checked in, the cleaning lady started fighting with the hotel clerk because she did not want to go back to work. We ended up having to kill a live roach in the hotel room. (The person sleeping on the floor didn't appreciate that.) Very unprofessional, this hotel has a major management issue.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pedro D
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 weeks while my husband had surgery. It is convenient, economical, functional and pretty clean. Having said this, we didn't feel like it lived up to it's "home away from home" moniker. The breakfast is VERY nominal, beds were not comfortable, the sheets didn't fit well in our queen room and there are no mattress pads on the beds. We had a couple of issues in the kitchen (dishwasher didn't work, light out on vent-a-hood, scorched pans), which were never fixed. But it allowed me to walk to the hospital and not have to deal with parking and it was a lot cheaper than Hampton Inn, our go-to hotel, and we didn't have to eat out every meal. If you don't plan to use the kitchen, a lot of these issues won't be a problem for you. The staff was very friendly and helpful, which was very nice. We were told they are planning to remodel the property, which needs to be done.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kayvj
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Medical Center
Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
Moody Manor
#301 of 517 in Houston

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd

Address: 1301 Braeswood Blvd, Houston, TX 77030-4601 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd.)
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #372 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: £68 - £121 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Houston-Medical Center Braeswood Hotel Houston