“Great location, newly renovated rooms, poor Management!!!”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Ranked #375 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and I stay here because of the location as it is walking distance to MD Anderson. We've been coming every 2-3 months for my treatments for the past three years. This by far has been my worst experience.
Where do I start? We were checked into a dirty room by Alga upon our arrival, when I came back to the front desk to tell her the room she assigned us was dirty she quipped that she had already checked the room and it was clean. The bed wasn't made, there were dirty towels everywhere and dishes in the sink! I highly doubt anyone checked the room! In the midst of this Missy came to the front desk and assisted me. Seeing a familiar face behind the desk was heartwarming. She went and checked my room, apologized for the inconvenience and gave me my keys. The following morning I came to the front desk to exchange towels and was greeted by Diane the new property manager, she took my dirty towels and told me to come back in an hour for clean towels. I informed her one of the heaters wasn't working, we didn't have a hairdryer and our TV was static, she wrote everything down and told me she will send maintenance to our room. I came back an hour later and she still didn't have towels. She also told me maintenance was on his way. When I came back from my MDA appt. I stopped at the front desk and it was complete chaos! There were guests yelling at her about there rooms not being cleaned that day. I asked her for towels and she simply said there are no clean towels. The following day I came down for towels, Missy greeted me with a big smile and informed me she was washing a load and will bring it to my room. No later than 40min. Missy knocked on our door with fresh towels and a hairdryer.
As we checked out the following morning with Missy, Diane came to the desk and repeated the same jokes about the weather she told me when I first met her. Her insincerity and lack of memory were repulsive. This hotel seems to change management every few months, so hopefully by our next visit the new management in place will be more responsive!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Catnappp

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I arrived at 10:30 pm tired and wanting a room that I had booked just to find out at the reception that my room was given away and that they want me to go to another hotel 29 minutes away. I say I booked this location for a reason, and how do you expect me to go to the other location? They say you don't have a car? I say NO! I just landed at the airport from the northeast!!! My car is at home!!!! Thereafter they say maybe they can give me a room where the shower has no shadow head and of course I cannot shower!!!!! Worst place ever! Who does this??????

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Martoriola
Reviewed 7 January 2014

smelled bad, staff not available when you need them
Would not have stayed if it were not for work
appliances in rooms worked well.
keys malfunction
noisy
hotel is working on renovations however that wont help the staff problem

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RLCC
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The rooms were not well-cleaned. The linens were old. The staff was unresponsive to all calls. They overcharged my credit card, and lied to me when I called back. This hotel was a terrible choice for our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank oaty77
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Although I had a late arrival no one was available to check me in to the hotel. The laundry lady checked me in and gave a room keys to a dirty room where the bed wasn't made and stuff where on the counters. I felt very unsafe on the hotel campus. Online pictures show the rooms are only accessed inside but the opposite at this location. Finally got my room key card to a new room, but wasn't able to access my room without the laundry lady. Forced to stay in my room because she wasn't able to get my room key card to work after multiple tries. Wasn't able to check out and get a receipt because only the laundry lady was available even though office hours had begun. Overall horrible experience and would never return!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Clarice B
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was shocked that they even let anyone stay at the room I stayed at. The floor was dirty, the door chain was broken. And the worse of all, there was a hole in the bathroom wall. I stayed only one night and after a long day, I just close my eyes and sleep through the night.

Drove to Arlington the next day and realize I've left my laptop charger in the room. So I called to the hotel and no one was able to help me. At last, someone said will tell the manager to mail it out to me but until today, which is over a month ago, still see no sign of it.

Overall, bad hotel and bad service. I've always stay at Extended Stay and never have a problem. Hope this was the first and the last.

Room Tip: After this bad experience. Now before I unload my suitcase I will go check in and then do a walk thr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tiffany T
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Like many, my wife and I were in Houston for appointments at M D Anderson. We booked something close and got a wonderful surprise. Had never stayed in an Extended Stay and reading the somewhat luke warm reviews I was a little worried. Wrong. This hotel is putting great effort in upgrading. The rooms were clean roomy and quite sound proof. The staff was most willing to help in anyway. They extended my stay by two days when the hospital held us over and refunded me a day when the hospital released us early. It was well after check out time and they allowed us to leave and gladly refunded that nights charge. If you are looking for the Ritz and many of the reviewers clearly are go and pay the extra money and stay somewhere else but if you want the best value I have experienced in a while have no fear of Extended Stay America. The shuttle ran exactly on time and like most we had our favorite desk clerk our was Barbara

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Medical Center
Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd

Address: 1301 Braeswood Blvd, Houston, TX 77030-4601 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd.)
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #375 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: £66 - £143 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Houston-Medical Center Braeswood Hotel Houston