Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Ranked #370 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Very poor.”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was booked for us by our company but it was terrible. Check in was a joke. We were given no helpful information. We were promised the room would be serviced once a week. The first week it was cleaned (after we asked) and expected it to be cleaned again on the same day the following week. It wasn't. Someone on the front desk said it would be cleaned the next day. It wasn't. We were told it would not be cleaned until the following week. I asked for clean towels at least, and after four trips to the front desk I was given a full set 5 hours later, at 8pm. Had to buy Clorox wipes and clean the kitchen/bathroom myself, also cleaned the layer of dust off everything else. No plug for the kitchen sink, which made washing dishes difficult. Not enough crockery/cutlery to even put in the dishwasher, which was entirely superfluous. Not even a kettle or toaster, or a hairdryer. The swimming pool was closed, by order of the local health inspector. Nobody knew if or when it would reopen. Carpets in the public areas were dirty and not vacuumed. The staff were indifferent and possessed few interpersonal skills. I pointed out some liquid on the floor of the elevator and it was still there two hours later (clearly a hazard). Nobody who worked there seemed interested in the guests and were difficult to understand at times, speaking in monosyllables and mumbling. On the rare occasion the room was cleaned it was certainly not cleaned very thoroughly. Add to that the noisy air conditioning, the proximity of emergency vehicle depots with blaring sirens day and night, and constant noisy trains passing by, as well as very noisy guests directly above us, and it was a bad experience. I have stayed in hotels all over the world but this is undoubtedly the worst I have been in. We were originally booked in for a month but two weeks was more than enough. I would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel, unless the alternative was a cardboard box in the street. truly awful.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a room as far away from the roadside as possible or you will not g...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SusieW3016
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience including the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff and the level of cleanliness during your stay. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, hmr@extendedstay.com.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My Dad and I stayed at
Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd. for 2 nights. We were there for appointments at MD Anderson (stressful visit). Usually, I don't take the time to write a review, however the employees at this hotel deserve recognition. Kevin (I hope I have his name right) checked us in Sunday night (May 11). He made us feel very welcome. His spirit was so uplifting after our long drive. Later, he gave us great suggestions for dinner along with directions. He also made sure we had a copy of the shuttle schedule and understood how to use the public transportation in the area. The room was very clean and spacious. The next morning we were surprised by the easy walk to MD Anderson. It was extremely convenient. Another employee, Grace, helped us with checking out. She was also very helpful and eager to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Because our last appointment was later in the afternoon, she made sure to explain all of our options for a late check out, storing our luggage and catching the shuttle. To top it off, Grace and Kevin made my day by their compliments. I will definitely stay here again!
Many Thanks,

Room Tip: The only reason I didn't give sleep quality an excellent wass because we were on the 1st floor a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tonya R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Tonya - I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I am so glad that our staff was able to provide you with a welcoming greeting and great service during your visit. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am thrilled that we were able to meet this goal. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room and our location. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with our entire team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Worst hotel experience in my life... the lying POS mgr. chris not only confirmed my reservation but told me i had a room waiting when i got there KNOWING that i did not because they overbooked... when you show up and they say your SOL and to leave are they will call the police and have you arressted for treaspassing even after showing them my confirmed reservation and recorded phone conversation with chris.... they did this to several people while i was there some flying in from california thinking they had a place to stay when they did not!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: do not believe what they tell you on the phone.... its a lie.... you will be searching for another h...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sean m
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Have stayed here three times- each stay was well managed. This time hotel renovations were completed. Room was sparkling clean and new. Good job ! Room were always comfortable and clean, staff helpful and met our needs. We were there for medical evaluations so convenient shuttle was also a plus.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This article is being written while staying at the hotel. We have a family member at MD Anderson hospital and decided to stay here due to it's location. The vast majority of the clients of this hotel are staying here for access to the nearby hospitals. We have 3 rooms. All of the rooms are satisfactory for the price charged. Our bed was firm. AC/heat ok.
The main issue with this hotel, seems to be a front desk that has an attitude.
I had heard about it from other family members and today experienced it.
Almost every morning, the meager breakfast choice they offer, has been depleted, and the coffee urns were empty for long periods of time. This morning when I went to get coffee, thecoffee urns
Were once again empty. I went to the front desk. No one was there. After 5 minutes of waiting I shouted "anyone here?". A young last appeared. I informed her that the coffe and food in the breakfast area ( 20 feet away), were totally empty. She said it was being taken care of.
I waited 30 minutes, along with roughly 20-25 people. With the exception of 3 of us all came and went. This included at least 3 Cancer patients.
Finally, the same girl came and picked up one of the coffee urns.She took it in the back to be refilled.
Frankly, she just lied. I sat there for 30 minutes, thinking that coffee and breakfast items would be coming out; when in fact the process had not even begun.
I guess she thought I'd go away, since most people did.
I went up front and asked if I could bring the coffee out of the kitchen. and she copped an attitude.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank obiwan48
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found your rooms to be satisfactory during your visit. Still, I apologize for the issues you experienced regarding our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at HMR@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Somerville, Alabama
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay close to MD Anderson. The shuttle service was great. My husband was using a walker and they would get out to assist him. I needed medication refilled at Target and the driver waited while I ran in to get it because it was something that he needed to take immediately. (Less than five minutes) The staff was very nice and accommodating. When we had a few problems with the room, the staff got right on it and fixed them. (Minor problems) So nice to stay at a hotel where the staff smiles and wants to make sure you enjoy your stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and our room was great. Laundry is on the third floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our shuttle service and our accommodating staff. Still, I apologize for the minor issues you experienced during your visit; however, it’s great to hear that those issues were quickly resolved. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and I stay here because of the location as it is walking distance to MD Anderson. We've been coming every 2-3 months for my treatments for the past three years. This by far has been my worst experience.
Where do I start? We were checked into a dirty room by Alga upon our arrival, when I came back to the front desk to tell her the room she assigned us was dirty she quipped that she had already checked the room and it was clean. The bed wasn't made, there were dirty towels everywhere and dishes in the sink! I highly doubt anyone checked the room! In the midst of this Missy came to the front desk and assisted me. Seeing a familiar face behind the desk was heartwarming. She went and checked my room, apologized for the inconvenience and gave me my keys. The following morning I came to the front desk to exchange towels and was greeted by Diane the new property manager, she took my dirty towels and told me to come back in an hour for clean towels. I informed her one of the heaters wasn't working, we didn't have a hairdryer and our TV was static, she wrote everything down and told me she will send maintenance to our room. I came back an hour later and she still didn't have towels. She also told me maintenance was on his way. When I came back from my MDA appt. I stopped at the front desk and it was complete chaos! There were guests yelling at her about there rooms not being cleaned that day. I asked her for towels and she simply said there are no clean towels. The following day I came down for towels, Missy greeted me with a big smile and informed me she was washing a load and will bring it to my room. No later than 40min. Missy knocked on our door with fresh towels and a hairdryer.
As we checked out the following morning with Missy, Diane came to the desk and repeated the same jokes about the weather she told me when I first met her. Her insincerity and lack of memory were repulsive. This hotel seems to change management every few months, so hopefully by our next visit the new management in place will be more responsive!

• Stayed February 2014