“Extended Stay gets a thumbs up!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd

Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd
Ranked #375 of 501 Hotels in Houston
“Extended Stay gets a thumbs up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place has a very friendly staff and it is always clean. I love the price, and the kitchenette helps us save money since we can prepare and store food right in our room! We also enjoyed the nice exercise room and swimming pool, too! Having a laundry room makes it easy for us to travel light. Great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Jill - I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your clean room, our friendly staff and your fully equipped kitchen during your stay. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our fitness room, our pool and our laundry facility. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Liberty
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We chose this hotel because its close to the hospital district and we've stayed here and had no problems before. The room was nice and clean but there was a problem with one of the air conditioners the young manager said he would report it but it was never fixed, for bath towels once you used them you have to return them to the front desk and I ask for more and the manager said come back in 30 minutes which I did and there was not any ready. I was given the runaround. Staff not helpful at all.

1 Thank Antoinette G
Antoinette - I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and your clean room during your visit with us. Still, I apologize for the issue you experienced with your air conditioner and towels. As well, I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

*Pros: Very close to MD Anderson facilities. *Cons: First room they gave us was a total mess with trash everywhere, plastic bags strewn all around the room and the remnants of Chinese takeout left on the table. This speaks more to the clientele and the front desk did switch rooms. But, while apparently recently renovated, everything already feels worn out. Also had issues with WiFi and at first got the runaround from staff, somewhat to their credit they eventually did 'try' to help to no avail. *At the end of the day it worked in a pinch but we will look elsewhere next time (already have for tonight in fact).

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank fitzrob
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

When you can find a member of staff they are surly and unhelpful. They failed to clean the room or change the linens for over a week and when we asked them they said it would be three days.
This is the second worst hotel I have been in and I left the first in the middle of the night. Yes, my comment relates to my experience but I have stayed better in the third world.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy, choose the rooms away from the road but the tram and railway are half a mile aw...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jeffery W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Jeffery - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our staff did not provide you with great customer service. I can assure you that I have shared your comments with the team, and am coaching them on how to provide better service moving forward. As well, I am sorry that our housekeeping policy was not explained properly to you at check-in. Please know, we offer weekly cleaning for guests staying 8 or more nights, and will clean in between, or for guests staying shorter periods, for a minimal fee.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hmr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was booked for us by our company but it was terrible. Check in was a joke. We were given no helpful information. We were promised the room would be serviced once a week. The first week it was cleaned (after we asked) and expected it to be cleaned again on the same day the following week. It wasn't. Someone on the front desk said it would be cleaned the next day. It wasn't. We were told it would not be cleaned until the following week. I asked for clean towels at least, and after four trips to the front desk I was given a full set 5 hours later, at 8pm. Had to buy Clorox wipes and clean the kitchen/bathroom myself, also cleaned the layer of dust off everything else. No plug for the kitchen sink, which made washing dishes difficult. Not enough crockery/cutlery to even put in the dishwasher, which was entirely superfluous. Not even a kettle or toaster, or a hairdryer. The swimming pool was closed, by order of the local health inspector. Nobody knew if or when it would reopen. Carpets in the public areas were dirty and not vacuumed. The staff were indifferent and possessed few interpersonal skills. I pointed out some liquid on the floor of the elevator and it was still there two hours later (clearly a hazard). Nobody who worked there seemed interested in the guests and were difficult to understand at times, speaking in monosyllables and mumbling. On the rare occasion the room was cleaned it was certainly not cleaned very thoroughly. Add to that the noisy air conditioning, the proximity of emergency vehicle depots with blaring sirens day and night, and constant noisy trains passing by, as well as very noisy guests directly above us, and it was a bad experience. I have stayed in hotels all over the world but this is undoubtedly the worst I have been in. We were originally booked in for a month but two weeks was more than enough. I would not advise anyone to stay at this hotel, unless the alternative was a cardboard box in the street. truly awful.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a room as far away from the roadside as possible or you will not g...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SusieW3016
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience including the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff and the level of cleanliness during your stay. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, hmr@extendedstay.com.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My Dad and I stayed at
Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - Braeswood Blvd. for 2 nights. We were there for appointments at MD Anderson (stressful visit). Usually, I don't take the time to write a review, however the employees at this hotel deserve recognition. Kevin (I hope I have his name right) checked us in Sunday night (May 11). He made us feel very welcome. His spirit was so uplifting after our long drive. Later, he gave us great suggestions for dinner along with directions. He also made sure we had a copy of the shuttle schedule and understood how to use the public transportation in the area. The room was very clean and spacious. The next morning we were surprised by the easy walk to MD Anderson. It was extremely convenient. Another employee, Grace, helped us with checking out. She was also very helpful and eager to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Because our last appointment was later in the afternoon, she made sure to explain all of our options for a late check out, storing our luggage and catching the shuttle. To top it off, Grace and Kevin made my day by their compliments. I will definitely stay here again!
Many Thanks,

Room Tip: The only reason I didn't give sleep quality an excellent wass because we were on the 1st floor a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tonya R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Med. Ctr. - NRG Park - Braeswood Blvd, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Tonya - I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I am so glad that our staff was able to provide you with a welcoming greeting and great service during your visit. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am thrilled that we were able to meet this goal. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room and our location. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with our entire team.

Alexandria, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Worst hotel experience in my life... the lying POS mgr. chris not only confirmed my reservation but told me i had a room waiting when i got there KNOWING that i did not because they overbooked... when you show up and they say your SOL and to leave are they will call the police and have you arressted for treaspassing even after showing them my confirmed reservation and recorded phone conversation with chris.... they did this to several people while i was there some flying in from california thinking they had a place to stay when they did not!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: do not believe what they tell you on the phone.... its a lie.... you will be searching for another h...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends