“Our first Wingate, not our last”

Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH
Ranked #188 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The Wingate is a little tricky to find but worth the search. The desk was helpful, the room was very nice and clean and more than worth the price, and the breakfast looked and smelled great, unfortunately I had to leave for the airport just as it opened. We look for Wingates now when we are traveling.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randolph R

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Very clean and very comfortable. I was impressed with the quality of bed and rest I got. Super nice big flat screen TV too! The complimentary hot breakfast was actually hot; bacon or sausage with eggs every morning and coffee that tasted good! The exercise room was adequate,would of been nice it the machines weren't so squeaky (don't think they get maintenance often) and a spray Sanitizer to wipe down equipment after each use would of been nice. It was great to have complimentary internet and computer access as I was travelling from Canada so I could stay in touch with family and clients without racking up a huge cell bill! Pool was nice and so was hot tub, controls for heat although a little cool for my preference.
Overall I really enjoyed my staff and look forward to trying this chain again in other locations as well.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank jeristhe1
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Great room and comfortable lobby. Managers made sure customers are fully satisfied.
Strong recommend for business trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
WingateIAH, General Manager at Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

It is a great pleasure to take excellent care of our guests, we have to make ourselves stand out above the competition and customer service is where we shine! We expect to see on your next business trip back to Houston.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

stayed at wingate for five days, had a wonderful stay. the hotel was clean the room was big and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was tasty. My granddaughter stayed the night with me and the hotel brought me a crib and the lady at front desk gave her a bag filled with snacks, Everyone at hotel was very friendly. This is one of the cleaniest hotels ive been in. I would recommend you stay here in your in houston. The shower head in shower is the best its big and puts out alot of water pressure. They have black out curtains. They are pet friendly to.

Room Tip: any room is good here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

It was a pleasure meeting you and your adorable granddaughter, next visit we'll have a crib and snacks waiting for the both of you in your room.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

booked meeting room for 40 people. very accommodating. service was great. Jerrica, Tiffany and dennis treated us like family
highly reccomend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your business and you are family now! See you and the rest of your group soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

This hotel went well beyond my expectations, and I bragged to my friends who stayed at the Hilton! The rooms were huge, be sure to get the jacuzzi suite! Jerrica, the manager, and Tiffeny, were the best hotel employees I have ever met. I would never stay at any other hotel than this one. The hotel was the highlight of the entire trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

You are an AWESOME person, you kept us with tears in our from laughing so much!!! Good luck and hopefully you'll make another trip to Houston soon Dr. T :-)

Reviewed 10 May 2012

This quaint hotel is most conveniently located 5 minutes from Bush intercontinental airport. There is ample secure parking. The rooms were updated and immaculately clean with quality toiletries, The staff is so wonderful. We forgot a few random things and they accommodated everything we needed, and they went the extra mile when I had a terrible migraine headache in the middle of the night and they even provided my brand of headache medicine(over the counter of course, they aren't a pharmacy!). There's fresh baked cookies in the afternoon, a good variety of fresh breakfast items. Despite the proximity to the airport I did not hear an over flying airplane my whole stay. Overall a quiet hotel. It's refreshing to find this high quality service for such a reasonable price. I plan on giving this chain and certainly this hotel more of my business in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your awesome review! We enjoyed having you stay with us ans we are so glad that we were able to accommodate with everything that you needed. We will see you soon I'm glad that we made you a loyal customer!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston North IAH
Homewood Suites by Hilton HOU Intercontinental Airport
Days Inn & Suites Houston North-Spring
Sleep Inn & Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH East
Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites

Been to Wingate Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH? Share your experiences!