“Outstanding Staff”

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest
Ranked #115 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Every staff person in this hotel greets you daily and gets to know you by name. I travel regularly for work and can't remember coming across such friendly and professional staff members. Jackie, Clay and Michelle were each very friendly, helpful and courteous. These staff members all would offer a cold bottled water daily upon arrival. That adds a great touch to the already friendly, comfortable and quiet atmosphere of this hotel.
Sue does an outstanding job with the complimentary continental breakfast. There is always hot coffee available as well as delicious cold lemonade in the afternoons.
FM1960 traffic can pose problems at certain times of the day but it's Houston. That's everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Bryan B:
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the efforts of Jackie, Clay, Michelle and Sue. They all work very hard to make all of our guests happy and welcome. We look forward to serving you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was just at the Holiday Inn Exprss NW Houston with my mom over the Holiday weekend. We checked in and it was a gentleman named Clay who helped us. He was so nice and thoughtful. He was so generous and totally went Above & Beyond. His personality was Awesome! I will be staying again very soon! Thank you for your services and being such a nice person!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Jody:
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the efforts of Clay and the rest of our staff. They really are what makes a difference at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I had a great time in this hotel, the services were great, the free cookies and lemonade were tastey and amazing .

Jackie was the best receptionist and the nicest person I met , great experience overall

• Stayed: June 2013
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about and recognized Jackie. We are fortunate to have her on our team!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

During my stay last week; Jackie, Belinda & Darren went above & beyond their duties in helping my stay; They repaired my AC unit immediately when it failed. Breakfast was kept fresh, and area was clean. The Rooms a bit dated but kept extremely clean. Overall Thank for a great stay

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing Jackie, Belinda and Darren. We realize that our rooms have become dated and we are in the process of fully renovating them with new furniture and case goods. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The hotel facilities were very nice, but the personnel's attention was deffinately the best part of my stay. Both Jennifer and Jackie, specifically, were very sweet and helpful, and they made my stay a lot more confortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Rafael T:
We appreciate your comments and thank you for recognizing Jennifer and Jackie. They really make a difference at this hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Clay at the front desk was very helpful and made me feel very welcome at your hotel. Clay was there to help if I needed anything. I hope when I return to stay at your hotel I have him to check me in. The staff for breakfast did a wonderful job. They were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were excellent. I stayed for 10 days and never felt closed in. All your services were great. The setting of the pool made you feel very relaxed. The location was perfect for my work day and had many good places to eat that were close by.

Bobdona:
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for recognizing Clay. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

After driving halfway across Houston, we arrived to the hotel which near capacity. I smelled smoke from the doorway. When I opened door and entered the riom, I didn't get past the bathroom before I turned around. I turned the key back in. Houston has some of the worst hotels for over $150 a night stay. I definitely won't be back to this one.

• Stayed: June 2013
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I apologize that your room had been smoked in. We are 100% non-smoking and the issue will be addressed.
We realize that this hotel has become dated and all new furniture and case goods are in the process of being installed This renovation should be completed in the next couple of months.
We take our guests comments very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.