Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest
Ranked #112 of 497 Hotels in Houston
“Like Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel has got to have the best customer service ever! The front desk ladies were so nice and friendly. Belinda & Tina kept a smile! The rooms were nice and cozy, and Ashanti even cleaned my room before the housekeepers came in and I really appreciated her for that! Sue always offered fresh breakfast and kept me laughing and Darren came and fixed the door ASAP! I loved my stay and will be back

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Shelly:
Thank you for your kind review and for recognizing Belinda, Tina, Ashanti, Sue and Darren. We appreciate your choosing our hotel when you are in the area a look forward to seeing you again soon.
Charlie Madden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights on business and I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Belinda at the front desk was very helpful. She even offered to Goggle and print my directions to the airport for me. Sue who was running the breakfast area was very nice and helpful also in helping with the directions. Her breakfast was the best I had ever had at a hotel continental breakfast. Very impressed. I learned she is from New Orleans and that is where I was visiting from, so we had alot to talk about.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Holly:
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel and for recognizing Belinda and Sue. They really are what makes a difference at this hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Charlie Madden: General Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Belinda at the front desk has a nice personality, I love sue's brefast her jokes and especially her lemonade. and Ashanti is very nice also. I love the crew at the Holiday Inn express. I would like to go go to other Hotel s in the world and have a good experience like I had at the Holiday Inn express I was so impressedf with the Hospitality

Room Tip: Talk to Belinda at the front desk she will help you with all your needs
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and for recognizing Belinda, Sue and Ashanti. They truly make a difference at this hotel.
Charlie Madden: General Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

This was a weekend stay and the staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant, especially Belinda Miller, Jennifer, Sue, Jackie, Tina and Ashanti...its nice to know that when you travel you can depend on comfort and reliability and friendly faces at this Holiday Inn Express ....breakfast was great,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for recognizing Belinda, Jennifer, Sue, Jackie, Tina and Ashanti and for choosing to stay at this Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to serving you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Everything was clean , the breakfast was good, and the staff, especially Jackie Campbell , were outstanding. Jackie went put of her way to give us maps of the area and was friendly every time we passed the front desk.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for recognizing Jackie's efforts. We hope to serve you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

My trip to Houston, TX was made much easier by the staff at Holiday Inn Express. Being away from family is never easy, but Belinda, Sue, Tina, Jackie, Angela, and Clay, with their hospitality and kindness, allowed me to relax and feel "at home". All of the aforementioned were eager to assist me in anything that I required, and often times exceeded my expectations. I would not only recommend "their" hotel to friends, family, and associates, I would look to stay ONLY at "their" hotel if my travel returns me to Houston.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian B
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Brian:
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for recognizing Belinda, Sue, Tina, Jackie, Angela, and Clay. We are very fortunate to have them on our team. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We spent 2 night's here. This was our Plan B hotel. We are Hampton Inn people, but it was full and a friend in the area recommended this place. At $150 per night, we thought it a little pricy, but big city prices prevail. You can tell by the excellent rating that we were impressed. I give Very Good ratings quite often, but to get an Excellent, a property really needs to go above and beyond. This one did that, and here's why:
1. The people--The front desk ladies couldn't have been more welcoming. We arrived at noon. Realizing it was way before check in time, we thought we'd see if a room were available. There wasn't one, but my husband returned to the car with two cold bottles of water they'd given him and word they'd been concerned I was sitting in a hot car! Jackie, Tina, and Belinda greeted us, talked to us, gave directions, and were always available. The desk was never empty. We have never had such a warm and welcoming feeling at a chain hotel. When we asked for a luggage rack, the maintenance man was here in a jiffy, also very friendly. And Sue, the breakfast lady, not only made sure everything was tidy, refilled, fresh, and tasty, she radiated happiness and cheer. They had all been excited the day before when a friend I hadn't seen in a long time came to the lobby to pick me up, and the next morning Sue asked if we'd be going out again. There's a real interest in the well-being of their guests rarely seen any more and especially not in a big city setting.
2. The property--The lobby is welcoming, with a seating area, TV, and a a lovely curved staircase coming down from the second floor landing where the guest computer area is. Really good coffee and lemonade are always available as is hot water. The propert is attractive and we-maintained. We didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting. Breakfast consisted og juices, fresh fruit, a variety of breads, cinnamon rolls, instant oatmeal, cold cereals, biscuits and gravy, eggs, a breakfast meat, and a pancake machine (hadn't seen one of those before!).
Our room was huge! A second king size bed would have fit in it. It was not crammed with furniture, but had a comfy easy chair with ottoman, a desk, a king bed with bedside tables, a microwave and mini-fridge, and plenty of lighting. The bed was extremely comfortable and the AC handled the Texas heat perfectly. The TV got many channels and there was free wifi.
3. The location--FM 1960 is a busy corridor full of shops, restaurants, and big box stores. It is close to Hwy 290, medical facilities,and pretty much anything anyone would need. The hotel is easily accessed from 1960 either directly or through a stop light.
4. Trivial concerns--The room is showing some signs of wear, such as holes where items used to be on the wall. The bathroom has had some obvious replastering. The window could use cleaning. It's above the AC and condensation is a problem when the Texas heat meets the interior cold air. There was bath gel, but no bar soap, which we would have preferred. Wifi was sometimes a little slow. There was no place to put luggage for easy access. I put ours on the desk.
The trivial concerns really are trivial in the big picture! We would happily stay here again. I still think the price is a bit much. Our AAA discount didn't amount to much either. But, it was a great stay and that's worth a lot, too.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a favorable (and lengthy) review and for recognizing Jackie, Tina, Belinda and Sue. They truly are what makes the difference at this hotel.
We are in the process of a renovation, putting all new furniture and fixtures in the rooms and all of the condition issues you mentioned are being addressed. We hope to have this work completed by the end of October.