Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest
Ranked #107 of 516 Hotels in Houston
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“poor”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

There was no hot water during peak hours-8:00AM-The tub drain was broke-The Phone did not work-Then door to my room was left open I returned at 10:00PM-the elevator carpet was extremely dirty The only thing good thing about the motel staff was nice

Room Tip: ice machines on upper floors are a bad idea Every morning I was woke up at 6:00AM by someone fillin...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Connie:
I apologize for the problems that you encountered during your stay. We are addressing each issue that you mentioned and will make sure it stays fixed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I did not stay at this hotel. I was attending a class in one of the conference rooms. The room was clean, free of odors, and comfortable. The staff, especially Belinda M., were exceptionally great. They went out of their way to ensure our comfort and meet our needs. There was plenty of coffee, which is a huge plus for me. Also the restrooms were always clean and orderly as well. I heard no complaints from any of the other people or instructors either.

I would recommend this hotel for other courses in the future.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for your five star rating and for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Charlie Madden: General Manager
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The professional service given by Managers Sue and Belinda Miller was exceptional. The great attitude makes you feel at home away from home! The smile of Tina Jen also told you that good service was 24/7 at this Hotel. If you want a clean comfortable and pleasant place to stay than you know where to go. Mark Rivers

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Mr. Rivers:
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your business travel and for recognizing Sue, Belinda, Tina and Jennifer. They really do make a difference at this hotel.
Charlie Madden: General Manager
Stephenville, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Great Hotel! Easy to get in and out, close to lots of good restaurants. Breakfast was above average and the staff showed they are very willing to make sure the guests have what they need.

I was actually trying to find a hotel closer to Tomball, but after a short conversation with a wonder lady by the name of Tina over the phone I decided the extra little drive the next morning wouldn't be that bad. I had lots of questions about where they were, AND... where other hotels were closer to my next days destination. Tina made it very clear that her main goal was to help me with what I needed. Even if that meant me staying at another hotel.

Wish I had met her in person, but she was off work by the time I checked in.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again if I have business anywhere in the NW Houston area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Joe:
Thank you so much for your review and for recognizing Tina. We know that you have many choices when traveling and we appreciate that you choose to stay with us because of caring staff like Tina.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 December 2013

It is a nice hotel, staff is nice, but at almost $200 a night and a 24 hour cancellation policy - I see no value here. It is on a busy highway, the only adjacent dining is a Burger King and a Jimmy John's - but there is a psychic nest door in the strip shopping center!

There is nothing special about this hotel to make it worth twice what any other HI Express would charge for this type of location. Maybe that's why they have the 24 hour cancellation, too many people walked through the door and said "$200 for this?" and left. I would have if I could have.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig71188
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Craig:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the confusion about your rate. The rate you were booked in at is for 5000 IHG Rewards Points to be added to your account on top of your hotel stay. That would account for the unusually high rat
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My company uses this hotel quite a bit. Let me add that there are many hotels located in this area but, this location stands out from the rest. Belinda Miller is the definition of "excellent customer service"! I book alot of rooms during the calendar year and there has not been one unsatisfied guest. Anytime that I call to make reservation or stop in Belinda is always cheerful,welcoming and courteous. I would recommend Holiday inn Express @ 290/1960 to all of my family, friends, coworkers and Business partners. Also, the GM Charlie is AWESOME!! They have a wonderful team here. They coordinate well together. Keep up the GOOD WORK!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Angela:
Thank you so much for your kind words and five star rating. Belinda is a valued member of our team and really makes a difference with her guest service skills. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.
Park Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I am at this hotel every week and the staff couldn't be more accomodating. Belinda Miller, the Guest Services Manager, has gone out of her way time and time again to ensure that my stays are seamless and all the amenities of home are available to me. I can't say enough about her wonderful service

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
C_MaddenHouston, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Bob:
Thank you for your five star review and for recognizing Belinda. We look forward to serving you again soon.