“Clay was great”

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest
Ranked #115 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Clay Chapman gave us a very nice experience - Easy check in and out. A lot nicer than other Holiday Inn's. Hot tub had great jets but could have been hotter. Located close to freeway (290) without freeway noise. We were on 3rd floor, minimal noise. Love the lotions and potions. Please add magnifying lit up make up mirrors for the ladies. Carpet was a little stained but nothing too terrible. Ceiling could use a fresh coat of paint.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Belinda M, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Houston Sunflower:

Thank you for your recognizing Clay and for your five star review. We apologize about the jets, We are working diligently to correct this issue. Thank you for your ideas and your feedback

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest

Reviewed 23 June 2014

very helpful and friendly to a large group. Thanks so much
especially : Tuan, Clay, Belinda, Sue and Mansa
I recommend this stay
These employees were friendly , courteous, and helpful. and helped make our reunion experience a good one. thanks again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill C
Belinda M, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Bill:

Thank you for your 5 star review and allowing our location to accommodate your family. It was very refreshing to see you all together after 30 years! I'm glad you and your family had an awesome stay with us. Thank you for recognizing Sue, Tuan, Clay, Mansa and myself. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Breakfast service (w/Debbie and others) was first rate. They made our b'fast experience as enjoyable as possible. Front desk service was also first rate. Rooms were clean but smallish. Housekeeping was very good. Real con: only one 4-floor elevator for guests and servicing carts...not good. Very pricey for an Express. Good location for several attractions.

Room Tip: Don't expect larger rooms...of course, you're at a Holiday Inn Express...what else would you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Belinda M, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest

We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from Holiday Inn Express & Suites NW.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Front desk staff, especially Clay, was excellent! Could not have been more welcoming, courteous and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast was delicious, and the free bottles of water were an added bonus - especially on hot days!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Belinda M, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Cathe:

Thank your for your 5 star review and for recognizing Clay. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Maybe my standard are too high, but I think not. Stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and it was a very odd property....just didn't feel clean...and air freshener didn't help. Why did I have to buy air freshener in a hotel that cost $161-181 a night? Carpet was stained and I hate to think what was ground in there. Neither one of us would take off our flip-flops and we kinda wished we had shower shoes for the shower, which was old, mildewed and very outdated. The bathroom door would not stay open and the toilets stopped up very easy. There were numerous odd things splattered on the walls and curtains and I tried not to think of what it probably was. Just nasty. I had to paper clip my curtains shut to keep the light out and the temperature didn't start to cool until it was set to 62 degrees.The doors didn't auto-lock and you had to fight with it to close when you left. It wasn't a housekeeping situation - they tried but the property just needed a good steam cleaning, sand-blasting and total painting, not patching holes. It looks as though the furniture has been recently replaced and that's a good thing but nothing helps if you don't get to the source of the problem.

The staff recommended a restaurant across the street for dinner and drinks and said that it was a short walk and we could cross at the light. The only thing was that FM 1960 is probably the busiest street in Houston and the light did not allow us enough time to cross the road. We literally came within seconds of being hit by oncoming traffic. Scared us beyond belief. Do not walk anywhere outside this hotel at night.

After a very uncomfortable night, we knew we couldn't stay there and feel safe or comfortable. So we told the manager our concerns, packed up in 5 minutes and moved to the Homewood Suites which was across the street. We were in a world of difference and oh so nice and comfortable....and safe. The only thing I give high marks for is that the staff was very courteous and did respond to our needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

I apologize you had an bad experience while staying with us. I'm glad I was able to speak with you before you checked out , thank you for letting me know about your experience. We value our guest feedback. Please know we are working diligently to correct these issues.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay here at this hotel and especially because of the staff. Ashanti & Tina treated me so good and made me feel right at home. Breakfast was great and very fresh and Ashanti made sure I had everything I needed in my room

• Stayed: May 2014

Karen:

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Ashanti & Tina and for you 5 star review. You are family when you stay with us, I'm glad you had a great stay with us!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Belinda and Sue are always such a pleasure to be around. They are always accommodating to the guests needs and will go out of their way to make sure your stay is satisfactory. I always stay here for work and anytime I need something, they make sure I am taken care of. The beds are comfy and the staff are friendly. Great choice to stay if you are in the area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Belinda M, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Houston Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Layla:
Thank you so much for your 5 star review and for recognizing our staff. We work hard to please our guest to be sure they are comfortable and feel at home when they stay with us. It was great seeing you again, see you next visit!