“Interesting dishes”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greater Heights
Reviewed 3 December 2013

An interesting menu, but the quality has slipped of late. Somehow it is not quite as tasty as when they opened.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We went to Zelko Bistro for brunch while visiting friends in Houston. The service was excellent. We all were very happy with our food selections. The mimosas and bloody Mary's were quite good. Would love to try it for dinner sometime.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I finally got around to eating at Zelko recently. A friend and I met up for brunch. We ordered the short ribs, chicken and waffles, and the fried pickles. The fried pickles had the right amount of crunchiness from the breading and from the pickle. The short ribs easily came apart and it was paired well with the polenta. I don't even like polenta and I thought theirs was delicious. The chicken was very tender and flavorful. Can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Friends and I had traveled to Houston for a performance of Wicked. We had eaten a big lunch but knew we had to eat something or risk the sound of our hungry stomachs overpowering the music. We had been shopping in the Heights and quickly found Zelko. What a find. Between the six of us we ordered 3 entrees. The staff had no problem with this and brought out six plates and set the entrees in the middle of the table. We were impressed with the taste as well as the fact that local/sustainable ingredients were used. The menu selections were well described in the menu. I will go there again.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I tried this restaurant for the first time for lunch with a friend. We each had a different salad, sadly, I have forgotten the names, but mine contained lox and smoked pecans (I asked for the bacon to be removed). The presentation knocked my socks off. We were celebrating a birthday, so having such a lovely presentation make our casual lunch very special.

I can't wait to go back for dinner.