“We went with our group and we were delighted” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kris Bistro & Wine Lounge

Kris Bistro & Wine Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Kris Bistro & Wine Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #649 of 8,115 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: French, International, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riggs
Description: Kris Bistro & Wine Lounge, located within the Culinary Institute LeNôtre, supports and showcases local growers, local artists, French wines, micro breweries and aspiring chefs.
Houston, Texas
“We went with our group and we were delighted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was not a regular menu event but it shows just how good they are.

Our group of about 50 had just returned from France and wanted to try to duplicate the experience for those that did not go on the trip. Our folks met with their folks and gave them a few of the menus from our trip and asked them what they could do.

The result was excellent. Food and service were superb and it was a great experience for both diners and the students and staff at the school.

There were also folks having the menu items and seemed very happy with their choices.

Yes, you will need your GPS to get there, but so what? It is just off I45 only one exit north of I610. No more than 10 minutes from any of the usual places. No valet but you park right at the door. Handicap spots available. There is a security guard and a big fence. Very relaxing not to have to worry about parking, traffic, and crowds.

They serve dinner most nights and lunch also.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mikel12323

Houston, Texas
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We went to Kris' after my wife had found out there was a French Bistro to go to other than our regular places. We made a reservation thru OpenTable and arrived at the school where the restaurant is located. Its in a very questionable area of town and has no valet however they do have a security guard outside in the parking lot...very nice man BTW.
We walked in and as I mentioned its a little strange because its within the cooking school. The young lady that met us was also very nice and she led us back to the restaurant itself. Upon sitting down I was very disappointed with the décor...kinda reminded me of the restaurant at IKEA.
Our waiter came to the table and gave us the wine list and menus...I asked him if he was part of the school and he promptly and rudely told me "No...he is a professional waiter". LOL
My wife whom is well versed in wine looked over the menu and placed an order for a rose'. I know she ordered it because we discussed it. I only like red and she prefers white so that was the compromise. We also placed an order for some escargot. Well our "professional waiter" (cough cough) dropped off the escargot and brought out a white from the same vineyard opened and poured it. and walked off...without a word. My wife immediately pointed out to me it was incorrect. We got the attention of the ol pro and explained to him the problem...he took offense and agued we messed up! Well instead of trying to reason with a man that has no reason I asked for the manager...yes I was a little ticked off at his attitude. While we were awaiting the manage I took a bit of the escargot...I can honestly say without any hesitation that it was absolutely the escargot that I have ever eaten. It was way over cooked and tasted like a rubber ball in my mouth, same texture as well.
By this time we had enough and just told the manager we were going to leave...the manager was indeed nice and thanked us for coming in.
Well the food and décor alone will keep us from going back but if you decide to go it on your own and a waiter that is trying to make himself, unsuccessfully I might add, look like Romero Santos you need to RUN!

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Montecore1
Texas
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My lady & I received a recommendation froma friend to rty Kris. Kris is attached to the Culinary Institute of America school here in Houston and the staff and chefs are from the school. We vistied on a Friday for a prix-fixe lunch and are very gald we did. Impeccable service, warm surroundings and excellent food. Definitely value for money. My lady ahd the salmon while I had lamb stew. Both were perfectly cooked and the salmon portion was huge. Excellent wine list as well and knowledgeable waiter. they are open for lunch and dinner and can be booked on-line. Worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Eat and Teach!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We found this place during one of their promotions. I think I heard about them during one of their fun events. We went on a week night. Don't let the neighborhood scare you. It's out in the middle of nowhere, but totally worth the drive from Katy.

This is a learning/teaching environment. These are students and they are practicing their skills on you. We loved that.

The food was delicious, the service was decent. Overall it was just a fantastic value. There are not many places where you can enjoy a four-course meal for such an exceptional price AND help students.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Bonafied Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

So we wanted something European one night and I decided to google it. Checking the pinpoints on the map I noticed this place in a different part of the metro area than most bistros with 4.5 stars. After reading most of them called to check on a table and promptly booked one for that night. Read a bit more about it and realized it is a bistro located within Culinary Institute LeNotre. The setting, service, atmosphere and food was excellent. The facility is completely accessible with escort as you can watch the complete process of them preparing your meal. We shared the escargot and gulf crab sphere then my wife had the lamb and myself, the diver scallop. The food was excellent folks and their prices were inexpensive. This place is a can't miss if you are in Houston and want something different off the beaten path!!!

Visited May 2014