“Dayum Goood!”
Review of Gumbo Jeaux's

Gumbo Jeaux's
Ranked #222 of 8,633 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time checking them out and it wont be my last. Good food. The staff was amazing. They get you soon as you walk thru the door. very friendly and nice atmosphere. i ordered catfish and fries but some how got beans instead of fries. Was I mad.....nope those beans and rice was hitting!! The fish was excellente! The crust on the fish was to die for and the tarter sauce was so good. The cilantro set it off. This will be my twice a week lunch spot!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took my staff to eat here the other day and the food and staff are great! Best seafood we have had in awhile!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Staying in one hotel nearby, went to this restaurant for dinner. Very good food, loved the gumbo. Good atmosphere, felt good even being alone as a woman.

1  Thank Claudia V
Reviewed 30 April 2018

My husband had the po' boy and I had the fried shrimp for a late supper. OK, my meal was $11 and definitely a good value. If you are expecting 5 star, this is not that but the staff is friendly and the food gets served up pretty darn fast. Decent meal for the price.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was at a seminar near the Houston Intercontinental Airport and we had a lunch break. Someone mentioned Gumbo Jeaux's as being relatively closeby and pretty good. So I went. The line was out the door but moving. So I stayed. It took a while to get my food and I only had 15 minutes before I was due back to the seminar so I got the food to go. When I opened the bag holding the food and had that first bite, I knew I was going to to be late to the seminar. That poor boy was the best I have ever had. Normally, I order a poor boy as a cheaper way to get shrimp or oysters because one usually gets more fish that ordering it on a plate. I usually eat the fish and the salad leaving the bread alone. Not this time! I ate every bite. Highly recommend it.