“Great experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Mill Creek, Washington
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We really enjoy dining at Shogun for a special treat. It is a bit pricey so we tend to split a meal and order an extra fried rice, etc. We always do hibachi. The place is usually clean (we have arrived and a table hasn't been completely wiped down, but this is the exception and not the rule). Our waiters and waitresses have usually been slow to refill water glasses and we don't see them enough during our dinner. The chefs who prepare the foods have been pleasant, fun and professional and above all good cooks! Their drinks are very good (if not a little expensive but worth it). The shrimp is pristine (doesn't taste fishy) and the fried rice is wonderful.

The takeaway: Highly recommend this meal out for a treat one evening.

• Visited December 2011

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rushed rushed poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Server didn't have the time to spend more than a second at the table. Very rushed! Placed order and got most items out correctly. I ordered a Shaggy Dog...their specialty roll (or thought I did). However, a dragon roll (with eel - sometimes good and sometimes not) was brought to the table. Waitress rushed off and I had to flag her down to say that I thought I ordered a Shaggy Dog. No, that's not what you said is what I was told. And she walked off. No sorry I may have misheard or any attempt to accomadate. To top it off the eel was fishy - so the sometimes not good rule applied. Live close by this restaurant and while it's convenient the experience was pretty poor. Won't be back. Very disappointed.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
“Better Late, ... And we loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

It was a friday night and my wife and I decided to get out of the house. We enjoy going to Brix Wine Cellars in Vintage Park to listen to the music performances on the patio. While seated at Brix, we always observed the "Benihana" styled Japanese restaurant across the way serving up some type of flaming dish on it's grills, it was drinks, music, and a show all rolled up into one. But this night was different, we wanted to be on the other side tonight, and we wandered into Shogun Japanese Grill Sushi around 7 p.m. The first thing you notice is the wide open space in the main dining area and the aroma of fresh grilled seafood in the air. There is a well-lit bar at the far end of the room and the table grills are in a separate room to the right. Table grills for us, please! There was one table finishing their meal, two tables in-progress, one table waiting, and us. We were seated at an unoccupied table in hopes of getting more guests to fill it before the chef began. Now I'm not much of a clock watcher, but it seemed to be about 45 minutes to an hour wait before our chef came out, But the staff took very good care of us with drinks and appetisers meanwhile. The wait was well worth it, for we had the chef all to ourselves, just the two of us. I couldn't have reserved a better dining experience. We shared the lobster, fish, and chicken special, and added a few scallops. Absolutely delicious! The wait was far outweighed by the fact that we got a private chef, on a friday night, after the crowds, and music on the patio. We had a ball! Heck, I tipped the waitress and the chef!

• Visited October 2011