“Great food and fun experience”

Shogun Japanese Grill Sushi
Ranked #2,300 of 8,239 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese
Tomball, TX
“Great food and fun experience”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We love the food here and the hibachi chefs always put on a great show, so it is one of our favorite places to eat, but I can't give it 5 stars because the table servers are not very polished. They do their job and we've never had a bad experience here but the service isn't excellent.

Visited June 2014

Spring, Texas
“Great sushi”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have eaten in this restaurant several times and have had good experiences there. I love the bento boxes and sushi that they serve.

• Visited March 2014
Houston, Texas
“Poor Service just average food”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The waiter was horrible. We told him that we had never been to a Shogun and asked what he would recommend. His response was it's all good. We placed our order which included a side order of Spring Rolls. The Spring Rolls did not come out with our dinner. It must have been 20 mins before we saw our waiter again. At that time we asked about the Spring Rolls another 10 goes by and we have to flag down our waiter. We told him to cancel the order for the Spring Rolls as we were now done with our dinner. My husband got the steak and shrimp combo and I got the chicken and shrimp combo. The chicken was over cooked, you could not taste the steak as it had to much of the sauce on it the shrimp was just ok. Now back to the missing waiter. When he finally shows back up he brings the bill which is incorrect he still has the Spring Rolls that we never received on the bill. It took another 10 to 15 mins to find him and have it corrected. As a side note the floors and the tables were very dirty - we should have left as soon as we saw the condition of the restaurant. For what we paid we could have gone across the walk to Peli Peli which is very clean and has outstanding food.

• Visited February 2014
Houston, Texas
“Good Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I've been going to restaurants in NW Houston's Vintage Park for a number of years, and continue to hope Shogun improves. However, every time I take my family for dinner, I end up disappointed. We've tried to get there early to avoid the busy dinner crowd, and have even brought enough people to get our own hibachi grill. We always get the Shogun Special (steak, lobster, and chicken) and the kids get the Kid's Steak or Shrimp, and the food is typically really good. But, we consistently get the feeling that the managers and hostesses are bothered when they wait on customers. We literally had to flag the manager down to put in our drink orders, which seemed to especially bother her. The chef managing the grill didn't do many of the tricks that the kids love to see, and I may be mistaken, but he seemed to be mumbling in Spanish. Anyway, the food has always been pretty good, just don't expect good service or atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
Spring
“Entertaining dinner”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our fun dinner. Despite being a Saturday evening, we sat down immediately. Everything came out just fine. The prices are better than I expected; although, they are not cheap.